+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curious about Morgan's fishing spear

I don't think Lil wanted to be leader. She seemed to know that being the leader would be the kiss of death.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I don't think Lil wanted to be leader. She seemed to know that being the leader would be the kiss of death.
    I think you're right in saying that she knew it wouldn't be in most people's interest in the long run to be the leader. However, a TRUE leader CAN'T step away from that responsibility that easy. It's part of their personality, and it is a personality trait that is triggered subconsciously when the situation presents itself. In other words.....a true leader HAS to be a leader anytime it's needed, and it's hard for them not to be one under those circumstances.

With that said....

I feel Lillian gets way more credit for her abilities and worth to her former tribe than she deserves. Certainly, when you look at the tribe members you had to work with she comes across as the most logical decision based on her experience, but look who we are comparing her too. It doesn't say much. I don't care how long she's been a scout leader, or how many badges she has. Pre-boot I saw nothing from her that any other ordinary tribe member couldn't accomplish. Anyone can fetch water, anyone can attempt to fish with a rod and loose a hook. I agree that she was logical in her confessionals, and had some good points in what needed to be done, but ideas alone will not cut it without the actions to back them up.

Let me throw out a question.....

How many scout leaders do you know, or how many are you aware of that confess to a national audience that she doesn't know how to fish? Come on! A scout MASTER that doesn't know how to fish? That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. It's a fundamental skill of any scout and she freely admits she hasn't a clue when it comes to it. Yes, at least she dragged her butt up in the morning and took it upon herself to attempt to fish. For that she gets credit, and it makes her look better than most, but if she didn't know how to fish she would have been much better off waiting for assistance from someone who could. She dug her own grave on that one when she lost the last hook. Don't even get me started on the hook situation though....LOL. Who only buys three hooks when they are trying to survive on an island. Once again they weren't using their heads and it came back to nip them in the butt.

Lillian seems like a nice woman with good intentions, but most of the time she was in the came she complained and whined like she was on the verge of tears when she talked about what wasn't being done. All this while she herself sat on a rock in dismay. A strong leader she is not. Oh, and as far as the fire starting goes.....she didn't rub sticks together or try to spark leaves from rocks. What she did was use the conventional store bought method of producing fire which again.....anyone can do. Somebody please explain to me where they saw her leadership skills, and why she is so hyped up? Thanks!
    Last edited by John; 10-13-2003 at 07:19 AM.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I'm not sure about that, she didn't seem to know that lying and deception were part of the game. She probably didn't think the younger folks would listen to her.

Hmm, you know Lil didn't really do anything that you would expect a Scout leader to do. Maybe this is the BIG LIE???

Should this be moved to the Lil thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Idol Critic
    Let me throw out a question.....

How many scout leaders do you know, or how many are you aware of that confess to a national audience that she doesn't know how to fish? Come on! A scout MASTER that doesn't know how to fish? That's one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. It's a fundamental skill of any scout and she freely admits she hasn't a clue when it comes to it.

I'm an Eagle Scout, and I never once went fishing while scouting! I know how, but from fishing with my grandfather, not the scouts.
    Last edited by chirospasm; 10-13-2003 at 03:16 PM.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

Just a thought:

Ryan S mentioned post-boot that the underwater goggles were provided by Production. All of the castaways carry identical canteens – presumably also gifts from Production.

Tijuana had asked someone, "They can't take our canteens, can they?" or something similar. Perhaps teams aren't allowed to raid items that were issued by the show, e.g. the first-aid kits.

Maybe the fishing spear is one such item that is immune from looting because one was given to each tribe.

It might explain why in the previews for the next episode, we see Rupert using the spear at Morgan. If the spear was "lootable," Rupert would've kept its value secret – especially since Drake's spear isn't in the best shape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123