+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious about Morgan's fishing spear

Quote Originally Posted by Idol Critic
    Tribes can't hide anything in order to protect it from being pillaged. I found this information out by reading the interview on this board with Ryan S.

The spear that Morgan had must have been with them from the beginning of their stay on the island. They obviously did not win it in any competions, and Andrew and Ryan O. were carrying it last night BEFORE the reward challenge. Obviously Rupert did not take "his" spear to the RC, and even if he did (again..of course he didn't) he never would have taken it with him to the Morgan tribe, leaving the Drakes without theirs. That's not the way big Rupert operates.

The spear head look indentical to Drakes, but I didn't notice if it was broken or not.

In reply to John's comments regarding Morgan "technically" hiding the spear from the Drake pillage when Trish came over. I highly doubt this to be the case. I'm sure it was just unintentional. I say this because I doubt they had a preset time that they go over to Morgan to pillage, and the Morgan's have to be able to go about their day, and not just wait around for someone to come grab your possessions. I just see it as a bad timing thing. They left to TRY and get some fish, and Trish showed up. I'm the last person who would defend the incompetant Morgan tribe, but I just see it as a fluke that they were not there. It they were trying to pull games like that then the last pillage when Christa came over they would have been conviently at the water hole with their pots "getting water" etc.

BTW...a LONGGGG time lurker on this and other boards, but decided to respond to this thread.
    The first eps Andrew was carrying the spear when they left the village. They have had it since day one. Also I read in one of Lil's interviews that they had the spear but didn't know how to use it. To me it did look identical to the one that Drake has. I didn't notice if it was broke or not. I really don't think they went off fishing just to keep the Drakes from getting it. I don't think they actually realized how valubule it is since they have had it for 10 days and haven't bothered to figure out how to use it.
    Another lurker who has decided to start posting.

The elastic strap of the spear appears to be broken from my quick view of it. If it indeed is, it will be much less functional because they'll have to use both hands to use it and the accuracy will be degraded. The three prongs of it looked fine.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_PeaCH
    Was everyone as shocked as I was when at the beginning of last night's episode we learned that Morgan has had a fishing spear but they have not attempted to use it for the first, what?, 10 days?! :boggle:
    I'm surprised they didn't show Lillian trying to use the spear to fish. >_>

FORT Regular
    I think Morgan's spear is more of a pointy stick than an actual underwater fishing spear like Drake's.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    I think Morgan's spear is more of a pointy stick than an actual underwater fishing spear like Drake's.
    It's definately a capable spear (or was if it's broken now). You can clearly see on the last episode that is had a three pronged spear head identical to that of Drakes....or should I say Rupert's...LMAO!

As John pointed out to me in another thread many moons ago, the Drake spear is a spear gun. Point & shoot. Much easier to use than a spear.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Morgan doesn't know how to do anything. They built a (second) shelter on the beach, rather than opting to get away from the winds and elements on the beach. They haven't done a single thing to improve their shelter (except for shoring it up to keep it from getting washed away) so they can sleep. They don't fish. They've been working on that net for nigh on 12 days without ever once putting it in the water.

They just don't seem to be thinking. And the reason for that is that 7 members of the tribe have put Andrew in charge of thinking, relieving them of the responsibility. And Andrew is a moron.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Morgan doesn't know how to do anything. ...They just don't seem to be thinking. And the reason for that is that 7 members of the tribe have put Andrew in charge of thinking, relieving them of the responsibility. And Andrew is a moron.
    I really don't understand what's with this tribe. They've been ineffectual from the beginning -- from their uncoordinated gathering of supplies from the village--and stupidly leaving before they spent all of their money. On the island, we heard them all saying that they need more food, they need fish. It's so unbelievable that no one would have tried spear fishing. Haven't any of them seen past survivor episodes? They have a net they've never used for fishing. Maybe it wouldn't have been successful, but they could have tried. And if they're not going to use the net for fishing, how about stuffing it with leaves to make a mattress. How about someone braiding a few vines or fronds together to make a belt for Osten? They're complaining about the crabs all over the ground. How about cooking some? There might not be much meat, but the broth would provide nourishment too. Still shaking my head in dismay...

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    They just don't seem to be thinking. And the reason for that is that 7 members of the tribe have put Andrew in charge of thinking, relieving them of the responsibility. And Andrew is a moron.
    Lil would had been the best candidate since she was the only one with any decent surviving skills.

Yet she didn't seem to add any fish to the pot, metaphorically or literally. She was good at starting a fire and was willing to fetch the water. I can't even say if she would have made a good leader because she seemed so willing to step back and let the others sit around all day.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast