+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proof that the Drake's threw the challenge

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I thought Jeff mentioning the "extra" surprise right before the IC might convince Drake to actual try to win the IC for fear of not knowing what it was.

I actually thought perhaps that was thrown in after the producers learned Drake was purposely going to throw it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    The one instance I recall specifically was a combat type game set in Hawaii..in which the producers were accused by some of the participants of telling people who to vote for. Further large portions of the show was re-shot in a park in Hollywood..(the media caught them at that...) and most of the allegations of vote tampering were confirmed by both participants and ex-producers..the latter saying they made a mistake in doing so.
    I think this was called "Manhunt". The producers were unhappy with the outcome so they re-shot the ending, and gave some of the contestants actual lines. One of the players refused to be involved with the shenanigans, and I think she went to the media about it.

The girl in question regarding a lawsuit against CBS is Stacy Stillman from the original Survivor show.

Also regarding this silly controversy over whether or not Drake threw the challenge.....

I had typed up a fairly lengthy post highlighting some strong indicators that they did indeed throw the competition, but the internet gremlins intercepted it and chewed it to pieces. Needless to say I was not very happy. LOL.

With that said, I will just list a few observations.

1) They brought up the option to throw it in the first place. If they didn't feel they could go threw with it then why even bring it up in the first place as an option.

2) The reasoning given to Jeff at the IC when he questioned their strategy of sitting out their two most physical tribe members was without a doubt a complete front for the truth. What idiot would admit to Jeff BEFORE a challenge with the opposing tribe present, that they were about to throw a challenge. It makes no sense. Christa is no dummy, and wasn't about to spill the beans.

3) There is no real rotation. Rupert never sat out before, and a true rotation would have had this occur before this point of the show. Jeff knew it was a ruse. Jeff is no dummy either.

4) A lot of the Drake members were NOT convincing when they easily got thrown into the water. Some of those matchups could have easily gone the other way considering the people that were matched up.

5) The Drake members were CLEARLY not upset that they lost, nor were they in shock or caught by surprise. They were for the most part emotionless. An Indicator that the competion ended the way they wanted it too.

6) Burton admitted in a couple of chats that the tribe agreed that the plan was to throw the competition. Obviously Rupert was against this plan, but said he would not stand in the way of the majorities plan. He basically abstained from a yes or no vote by agreeing to sit out which would keep his conscious clear. (Smart move Rupert).

and....one indicator that I have seen no one else bring up on this board, but it was a sure sign, and a dead give away....

7) If you play the tape back you will see that while Jon the moron is still standing on the platform during Jeff's annoucement proclaiming Morgan the winner (an oxymoron is there ever was one...LOL) the camera zooms in on Jon as he turns to his tribe members with a s**t eating grin on his face and a motion of his head. It was a motion that was as if he was saying "Yes!!! We did it...We lost and our stupid plan worked, and they have no idea we threw the competition!!" Naturally these are my words, but if you view the scene again you'll see what I'm saying. Jon is a big dope, but i'm sure that if they lost unintentionally even he wouldn't be happy and celebratory.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    ty both for the information....I tend to sleep better when I know all of the details of a story....the point is that some people do claim there is manipulation in "reality" Tv and at least in the case of Manhunt it was proven.....

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I didn't really think anyone was even questioning this any longer?

And it never seemed like very many people did in the first place immediately following the show and before Burton confirmed it on The Early Show.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Funny how fate works...

I mean, Burton came up with this incredibly stupid idea to throw a challenge, and it seemed to me like Rupert had to be forced into doing it, because he thought the idea was so stupid.

And, in the end, Rupert avoided tribal council, due to the fact that Drake threw a challenge, causing Morgan to abduct Rupert from the Drake tribe, and Burton, the mastermind of the plan was thrown out of the game!

Karma can be a bitch, huh? I can think of a similar instance on TAR4 where Kelly and Jon refused to let Monica and Sheree on the bus, and in the end, when they were competing against Chip and Reichen, Chip and Reichen got on the early plane to Hawaii in business class seats while Kelly and Jon were delayed in Tokyo one crucial hour. (I still can't get over THAT one!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123