+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof that the Drake's threw the challenge

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Plus this morning on The Early Show Burton acknowledged that it was a group decision to throw the challenge.

I never thought it was in doubt either Cali.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Barrett
    The fact that the Morgan tribe stole Rupert makes the Drake tribe nominees for the Hall of Shame for throwing a challenge.

Premium Member
    Thanks Siso,
    Due to a VCR glitch last night, I missed half the show, I took a look at the video clip, and that cleared up some questions I had, and John cleared up the rest. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I been to the post show discussion thread yet, but I am suprised to read here that there were people who thought tey didn't throw it. JUST by sitting out Rupert and Burton they effectively lost. It really bothered me that they did it especially to boot Christa. I don't feel that we were shown enough of her to understand why. Yes, I realize it wasn't her that went, but that's why some wanted to throw the challenge.

I'm a little puzzled as to why some members of the tribe wanted to boot Christa too.

Everyone on the Drake team seems to be doing a decent enough job, so it's difficult to see who they might want to boot, other than Jon who appears to be highly annoying.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett
    The fact that the Morgan tribe stole Rupert makes the Drake tribe nominees for the Hall of Shame for throwing a challenge.
    Yep

Drake are now minus their two physically strongest players.

If the RC next week is strength based Shawn is left to literally carry the load for Drake.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I thought it was pretty obvious that they threw the challenge, and that was why Jeff asked them about it twice, once at the challenge, and again at tribal council. He was hoping that they would admit it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Everyone on the Drake team seems to be doing a decent enough job, so it's difficult to see who they might want to boot, other than Jon who appears to be highly annoying.

Jon is the only member of the Drake tribe that I truly dislike. I find him totally disgusting. But at this stage of the game the Drake tribe should have just continued to tolerate each until the merge instead of self-destructing. Shawn will get a chance to regret stabbing his pal Burton in the back instead of just telling him to cool it and shut his big mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    there networks are facing court challanges for doing it and in theory could face FCC intervention for breaking the rules mentioned above....survivor has never been accused of thatmight occur.
    I vaguely remember two recent lawsuits against reality shows. I thought one of the females from an earlier Survivor show sued CBS and the producers of the show accusing them of affecting the vote off and winner. The other suit involved a man that said some of his music or sounds were being used in the theme song for a show without payment. I also thought this suit involved Survivor.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    The one instance I recall specifically was a combat type game set in Hawaii..in which the producers were accused by some of the participants of telling people who to vote for. Further large portions of the show was re-shot in a park in Hollywood..(the media caught them at that...) and most of the allegations of vote tampering were confirmed by both participants and ex-producers..the latter saying they made a mistake in doing so.

As to the survivor suit, I recall one of the ladies from an early Survivor episode..I cant recall who...was suing claiming that the producers were both editing the film to make some people more or less popular and also creating, by talking with participants, additional tensions and conflict where it might not have existed otherwise... I thought...but I could be wrong that she did not claim that the producers told people specifically who to vote for..A fine line there I suppose but in theory the FCC regulations allow for editing that doesnt directly affect the outcome. And in the survivor case, she has limited collaboration of much of what she claimed. Beyond the editing to make you look different to the public at home....not for the players. Several people say they were shown out of character....for just about every reality show..In some cases it may be true...others seemed like sour grapes..but if its just for the viewers at home...it wont affect the game...

The music suit, though common when things get popular, is different..significant parts of both compositions have to be exactly the same and the compsoer has to prove that the producers knew of the existance of the earlier work. Andrew on Drake is supposed to be good at that type of law...perhaps he can help the producers after the show....

FORT Regular
    Theres a huge difference between giving someone the answers to a game show beforehand and manipulating the contestants to make the show more interesting.

The producers of Survivor keep the game shook up, they dont determine the outcome.

And yes, they threw the challenge. There is no question in my mind. You could tell just by watching. As I said in the big thread about the last episode. At the end, when Drake was behind, they didnt make any move to block Sandra or challenge here, which would have been their only way of winning. And they did have the opportunity to do so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast