+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing in the Shadows, Week 3

Standing in the Shadows, Week 3

Michelle
    I am desperate to find the treasure, or, as Sandra would say, Michelle Tesauro quiere el tesoro! We've been looking for days with the one piece, but haven't really found anything. Meanwhile, Jon is annoying the hell out of everyone. He really does need to learn to keep his mouth shut. Seriously, even though he went to Virginia Tech, my alma mater, I just can't relate to him. He's light years behind most of us-- in maturity AND strength. The immunity challenge today was horrible. Even though I wasn't really doing any WORK, I was hurting so badly! No WAY I was going to give up though, and I had total faith in Rupert; he's like a rock. I'm glad we won the challenge and don't have to go to tribal council. The real question is...can we survive three more days with Jon? Somehow I have my doubts...

Jon
    What do you get if you cross a Pit Bull with a Pirate?
    Sandra.
    Day nine is coming up and my strategy is working out perfectly. I made myself (and my wonderful humor) known day one. Then I chose to lay low, and then BAM, made a scene with Sandra. Did you know ďShe can get LOUDĒ? That feisty little, finger wagging, Spanish speaking, necklace-bartering, head bobbing, lip pursing woman scared the hell out of me. I was OK when she was sitting listening to me bag on her swimming (I did swim to shore with just my arms by the way). I thought a crab had bitten her, the way she jumped up. Whew! I can back up FAST.
    Winning RC was expected, and I took the high road and sat out so Sandra wouldnít have to. At the Immunity Challenge I was first holding onto the rope. It was odd to see Morgan had put a weak girl in their number one spot... I donít get it. Weird.
    Anyway, we won and I guess we all have to put up with Sandra for another few days. I know they all want me around.

Shawn
    Survivor has turned into quite the vacation! After a hearty lunch, we decided to go on a field trip and look for the treasure. We didn't come close to finding it, but I figure in another few days we'll have the whole map, so why search? After all, if you find your gifts 3 days before Christmas it takes all the fun out of it. The challenges are a great way to break up the boredom but it gets really old winning after awhile. Hearing Morgan whine about losing is really starting to bring me down. Ooooh, we have nothing to eat! Oooh, we don't get any sleep! Oooh, we lost again and have to vote off another member of our tribe! Boo hoo. This has been a great vacation! Lots of rest, lots to eat and I'm developing a wicked tan!

Andrew
    Well, we lost again. I have to admit I am beginning to doubt my own motivational speeches, but I keep giving them because the tribe wants them. They look to me as the shining beacon of hope. Really though, we made some progress, and have been competitive in the challenges, except for that reward challenge where we got totally wiped out quickly, but other than that, we are doing better. Those pillows and blankets would have been nice, I suppose one of these days we should get around to improving the floor of our shelter, but there is just not enough time in the day after I finish pontificating.

Okay, true, our morale is at an all-time low, and that is even lower than the last time it was at an all-time low. I have a strategy though. We are going to think outside the box, and pool our synergies to create a dynamic environment that supports continuous process improvement. That should help, and just saying it makes me feel better already...

Rupert
    Methinkst the differences between Drake and Morgan are becomin' clearer by the hour. We airn't just "Survivors" matey, oh no. We be pirates. We eat, we drink, we plunder. We roar in victory. Again, and again, and again. Well, I roar anyway.

Them over at Morgan, on t'other hand, they be shipwrecked. And I'm not just meanin' that they're bein' beat by me crew, neither. They're bein' beat by the elements, every which way. In the last immunity challenge, when it came down to me 'n Osten, I looked over at him with narey a sign o' weakness. I grinned a toothy grin. And he knew he was beat. Just like his whole crew knows they're beat.

The only problem we've got is that bilge rat Jon. The feller is more annoyin' than a parrot that sounds like me wife. But I be workin' on a plan fer him. Dead men tell no tales...

Tijuana
    Iím not sure what to do anymore. I try to remain positive and believe our tribe is worth something, but losing these challenges is wearing us down. In more ways than one! And honestly, I donít understand how weíre losing against that Drake tribe. I mean did you see that Christa girl? Sheís a tall lanky gal that has about two brain cells working overtime just to remind her hands to keep pulling her top up.

Iíve definitely become the strongest female in our tribe with Lill gone and Darrah being the nonchalant mute that she is. But if we whittle it down to two or three people, then it will definitely be hard to make it when they combine the tribes. Maybe I should start thinking about becoming the leader in this group. . .

Christa
    Well gee wasn't that reward challenge fun. I got a bucket and was throwing water all over the place. I didn't notice I was putting more on Rupert and back in the boat, than out or in the other boat. Because of that, they made me go do the raid the other guys camp thing. I was talking to myself a lot before I got there, to get the courage to steal the pot I was TOLD to get.
    I was really happy to see thay had more than one pot. Who's kidding who, I would have taken their last pot, only because that's what I was TOLD to do. All they did was ask a bunch of questions the whole time I was there . I wasn't going to give them anything. They sure are a pitiful crew. I think Tawanna or whatever was the only one who was nice to me. Whatever.
    I only had to work for ten minutes in the IC this week. Good thing .Sitting out and standing on the sidelines is my thing...

Osten
    Boy, I'm wasting away out here. Do you know how much rice you have to eat every day to get your 4,000 calories? It's a pile about the size of a Volkswagen. I tried my darndest to win that immunity challenge, but have you see that Rupert guy? He's huge. If only Lill hadn't lost the fish hook, we might have caught some fish, and gotten some protein, and gotten me some strength, and we could have won the challenge. So, from where I lay, it's all Lill's fault. Oh, and speaking of laying, when the heck is someone going to fix this dang shelter? I swear, the snakes can climb right up here with no problem. It's pretty hard to get any quality sleep when you keep seeing snakes all night.

Lillian
    Damn! Now that Iíve checked my Boy Scoutís handbook, I know exactly what I did wrong! I tied a Fishermanís Bend instead of a Fishermanís Knot. If only Andrew had gotten back to me, I could have explained. If I had caught some fish for our tribe, I know Iíd still be in the game, still representing the great state of Ohio. Did you see? Even my torch didnít want to go out! Iím telling you I should still be in the game.
    After all, I can light a fire! I know where the water is! I have survival skills the kids really need. And I was just about to show them how to hunt and fish and eat wild berries. Really I was.
    Anyway, itís great to be out of that damned Scouting uniform! I tried wearing my buff as a top like the other girls, but it kept rolling up from the bottom. Too much trouble to keep rolling it back down. I just hope the kids from Troop 617 werenít watching. My tan lines were so embarrassing!
    Even though Iím sad that the boys picked a pretty face over a hard worker like me, it will be good to be back with Ryan S. Iíve really missed that kid.

Trish
    I was in stealth mode this week, trying as hard as I could to avoid being on camera at all. It's all part of my master plan to fly so low under the radar that they will forget I'm on the island at all. Besides, by being this stealthy, I avoided the Jon and Sandra mess, which is getting a bit old. However, it was nice being on the winning team again. Here's hoping we can keep up this winning streak and continue avoiding tribal council altogether. Oh, I did want to add that it was so nice sleeping with my head on a pillow instead of bamboo. It's good to win.

Sandra
    I am not the weakest member of Drake. Iím not the Achilles heel, nope, no weakness on my part. If you try to insinuate that I am anything other than a pillar of strength there will be consequences. And Iím not just talking about sneaking up on you in the dark and poking you with a sharp stick, Iíll take you on face to face. Just ask Jon. That ass wanted me to sit out of the challenge if it had anything to do with swimming. Ha! Make me laugh Jonny Doggie Paddle! Jonís feeble frontal lobe forgot I swam to shore a lot faster than he did on day one. Either that or the shifty little vermin was trying make some kind of power play. Well, I had no intention of putting up with his insults for one single second. He got loud and I got louder. HOW YA LIKE THAT JONNY?!? He clearly realized his mistake since he practically begged to sit out the challenge when Jeff asked for volunteers. I still think he still needs the poke of a sharp stick though, and Iím just the woman for the job.

I like the fact that weíre winning every challenge, but I honestly wouldnít mind losing one IC so we can drop-kick the weasel.

Darrah
    Yíknow, itís not easy to be on this tribe. One reason I work with the dead is that I donít wanna have to deal with people. They scare the living hell outta me. Just between you and me and the polecats, I was FRAYTENED that my tribe was gonna make me walk the plank. I was like, if yíall are gonna vote me out, then suit yer freakiní selves, but Iím not gonna whine about it and carry on and tell yíall that yíall are gonna kick the bucket someday, all right?

Jeff asked me how I was doing on that tripod. I didn't just feel numb. I've been good at just telling people a word or two. If they forget I exist, then they won't have fuel to add to the fahr. By the way, something I'm not good at--this is what I said at Tribal Council--is building those fahrs. When Osten let go of his rope, I was wetter than a catfish in a mousetrap. But before that I imagined what it was like to die by hanging. Y'know, that must really suck. Sometimes I think about death, and it freaks me the hell out. But I'd rather be a drowned rat in a haystack than a quitting hamster on a . . . Well, y'all catch my drift.

Ryan O.
    Oh MAN! Did you guys see me this time?! You know what - don't even answer, because I KNOW you did. Boo Ya! I think it goes without saying that my stock is rising like a circa 1997 dot com at an IPO. Who was the second to last person holding up that rope at the IC? Here's a hint: his name was NOT Andrew. I mean, sure, I wasn't the last guy or anything, but these coups take time. And time, my friends, is a luxury that I have.

If only Lill could have learned from my mistake. You aren't supposed to go leaving your tribemates, running off all willy-nilly. I think I proved that with the map fiasco on the very first day. So while I may have seemed hypocritical in condemning her for doing it, it's not like that at all. Nope. If she could only be as MacGyver-riffic as me (you saw my sweet fishing net, right?), she might still be here. But she's not. And I am. Because I'm the rhino, and I rule.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I see Andrew coming. Where'd he get those brass knuckles?

Burton
    Well, I figured out that our buried treasure can only be found during low tide, but we don't have enough of the map yet to figure out exactly where it is. We went on a hunt for it based on the one part of the map we did have, but that was basically nothing more than a fruitless search. I tell you one thing, though, that Jon is sure hung up on finding that treasure. He is really starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. You should have seen how Sandra got all up in his face! I was a bit concerned at first when I sat out the Immunity Challenge, because strength was such an important factor in winning it. However, Hagrid came through for us, and we won our fourth challenge in a row. GO DRAKE!

"Standing in the Shadows" is a weekly collaborative effort. Thanks to: AmandaG, Bill_in_PDX, Bumpkin, Cali, Eny, Feifer, Greenie, John, KylieGrant, Lobeck, Miss Filangi, Paulie, Shayla, Sher, Wayner, and Zhora!

another week... I was waiting for this

Leo
    Premium Member
    Great job everyone

Okay, true, our morale is at an all-time low, and that is even lower than the last time it was at an all-time low. I have a strategy though. We are going to think outside the box, and pool our synergies to create a dynamic environment that supports continuous process improvement. That should help, and just saying it makes me feel better already...
    Why do I have the sneaking suspicion Bill wrote this?

All of you did a wonderful job.

Like always here are a few of my favorite lines:
    Rupert - The only problem we've got is that bilge rat Jon. The feller is more annoyin' than a parrot that sounds like me wife.

Tijuana - I mean did you see that Christa girl? She’s a tall lanky gal that has about two brain cells working overtime just to remind her hands to keep pulling her top up.

RyanO - If she could only be as MacGyver-riffic as me (you saw my sweet fishing net, right?), she might still be here. But she's not. And I am. Because I'm the rhino, and I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    And Iím not just talking about sneaking up on you in the dark and poking you with a sharp stick,
    ----------
    Ha! Make me laugh Jonny Doggie Paddle!
    Am loving this version of Sandra.

great job guys!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member
    Hello John,
    I get the same vibe that you do from Shawn, everything is soooo easy, he almost appears like he is on a Club Med vacation. Funny though, the last person to give me the same vibe was John from S4. Look what happened there!!!!

You guys rock!

Andrew

I have a strategy though. We are going to think outside the box, and pool our synergies to create a dynamic environment that supports continuous process improvement. That should help, and just saying it makes me feel better already...
    Very Dilbertesque
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Well gee wasn't that reward challenge fun. I got a bucket and was throwing water all over the place. I didn't notice I was putting more on Rupert and back in the boat, than out or in the other boat. Because of that, they made me go do the raid the other guys camp thing. I was talking to myself a lot before I got there, to get the courage to steal the pot I was TOLD to get.

I've been waiting all week for this!

FORT Fogey
    Ah, more great shadows! I especially liked the entire Ryan part! I am the Rhino and I rule? Oh that was great! Maybe next time I'll remember to quote.

Whoever wrote in Rupert's pirate talk and Darrah's accent did a great job, too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast