+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It seems that the problem for Morgan lies entirely in its leadership. Andrew was voted leader by the rest of the tribe but has not acted like a leader in any way. Part of the job of leadership is to accept responsibility when things go wrong. Andrew seems to be spending all his time assigning blame for the tribe’s problems rather than trying to do something about them. He spent two episodes blaming skinny Ryan for the tribe’s losses in the challenges and this week organized the rest of the tribe in blaming Lillian for the problems in their camp. He is fortunate that he has Darrah to blame for their next loss but who will he have to blame after that?

I-n-e-p-t.

Can we spell "inept!?" I tell you, Morgan is just astounding! Now that they've booted Lil, I have no reason to like them at all.

Rock on with your bad self, Rupert!

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrio9
    I think Darah should have been voted out. She said she couldn't even build a fire. I don't care if she did awesome in that last TC...Lill's a better asset to the tribe, IMO.
    I don't think Morgan is short on fires--they're short on winning challenges. The consensus seemed to be that Lil was better in camp, Darah at challenges. So that was an easy choice.

I have to give it up for Osten tonight. He did fight it out with Rupert during the IC for 2 freaking hours. That's amazing!

It's sad to see Morgan lose again, but Andrew is not a good leader. They should try letting RyanO lead. They have nothing to lose.

Poor Christa. She looked so uncomfortable when Andrew was drilling her for answers, but she didn't give anything up. Good for her. I have to say that I really like Christa so far. She's a strong team player. Her goofy voice still bugs me, so does Darrah's voice.

I don't like the idea of any team throwing a challenge. I'm wondering if Burton, Shawn, Michelle, and Jon want to get rid of Sandra. Rupert won't go for it, but if they do throw the challenge, I hope that Rupert,Christa, Trish, and Sandra vote together to get rid of Jon's ass. He an annoying little a**hole. He tried setting up Sandra as the weakest of the team, but he knows he's weaker than her physically. He messed with the wrong girl!

Quote Originally Posted by sour_dude
    Something tells me that Rupert isn't going to go as far as what people think or want him too. People in reality shows always talk about getting rid of the strongest player or the player that annoys them that most. (Morgan doesn't follow this pattern.) For Drake the stongest player is Rupert and the most annoying is Jon. (Is it just me or does Jon look to be almost as skinny as Skinny Ryan?) Drake may be so cocky make the mistake of taking out their strongest player, so they don't have to compete with him in the end. That will enable the Morgan tribe to get back into the game. So don't count the Morgan tribe out yet. I hope they come back and make a game out of it. I don't like to see people lose as badly as they are right now. Now if Drake is stupid enough to vote Rupert out they desvere to lose.
    I agree that Rupert's days are numbered, but for different reasons. I think he's a big, loud, blowhard. I love him some of the time, hate him some of the time. After last week's tantrum and crucifixion of Shawn for losing the hook--and the "my" spear business--my opinion of him dropped dramatically. I see him getting on people's nerves, and damn fast. They need him, but I bet they have already had enough of him already.

And as you said, his strength makes him a target on top of that.

I find it highly unlikely that Morgan will get back into the game no matter what they do. Their best hope is a team swap where some members can hook up with others from Drake--should there be much more dissention in Drake than we know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    They should try letting RyanO lead. They have nothing to lose.

Poor Christa. She looked so uncomfortable when Andrew was drilling her for answers, but she didn't give anything up. Good for her. I have to say that I really like Christa so far. She's a strong team player. Her goofy voice still bugs me, so does Darrah's voice.

. . . I hope that Rupert,Christa, Trish, and Sandra vote together to get rid of Jon's ass. He an annoying little a**hole. He tried setting up Sandra as the weakest of the team, but he knows he's weaker than her physically. He messed with the wrong girl!
    I agree with all this. Pretty Ryan (Dimples always sounds like he's saying Rhino) does seem to have a lot better instincts about leading, but he may be too reserved, or too smart to take control, even if handed it.

I felt for her too, but the voice, yow. Is that why she gets on my nerves a bit? Haven't seen much of her. I'm still dying to know what was behind her calling Shawn the biggest puss -- that was out of leftfield from our POV. I bet there's a lot more there, can't wait to see if he's the jack a-- or she is.

And Jon. I despised him from the moment I saw his two tapes on the CBS site before the first ep, dislike him nearly as much now. And he messed with a little firecracker. Can't wait to see him get the boot.

I just wonder how many people from Morgan, sans skinny ryan and lil- actually watched this show- I about fell off my chair when Andrew said "me, osten and tijuana have what do you call it? an alliance?" stupidity is painful

I also thought it was interesting that Lil's torch didn't go out. I hope that she does get to come back- and just stick it to
    the young and clueless.

Inept is definitely the word for it Mantenna.

But they last that RC long before Osten sank his boat. Could anyone tell who sent Osten's boat way off out of the game? Was it him, or somebody else in the boat, or the whole crew of the boat's inability to steer together?

That's where the challenge seemed to be lost. That left Drake to double-team the other boat and it was pretty much decided by the time Osten got back, and sank his own boat in desperation. That was just outrageously bad strategy, to let Drake pick them off one at a time. And when Osten's boat returned, they seemed to know it and I think he was acting so rashly in response that he didn't see what he was doing to his own boat.

I did enjoy watching Pretty Ryan (I guess he can just be Ryan now) struggle feverishly to down boats on two sides. I think he's the hidden soul of that team. Did you see him going at it? I backed the Tivo up several times to watch. He was doing a hell of a lot more than their leader, who mostly seemed to be sitting around looking panicky and helpless.

(And on another note, did Burton ever look hot as he raised his arms in triumph after the RC and his cheeks clenched, his wet shorts clinging about them.)

Rab
    The good: Osten holding on the rope for 2+ hours, Christa being nice about the looting.
    The bad: Osten's boat NOT helping Andrew's boat from attack in the reward challenge.
    The UGLY: Morgan losing for the 3rd time in a row and voting off Lillian, Morgan in denial over their stupidity, not much of a thinker is Osten, Jon and Sandra's argument, the reward challenge's outcome, etc.

I still love Christa. <3

+ Reply to Thread