+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I definitely give Osten props to going the distance to the end with Rupert. But I think Osten "misunderestimates" his own strength and its value to the tribe, and taken along with his "sick of everything" demeanor, makes him a less-than-average Survivor.

Andrew is a smart guy. I see him talking to Osten. I see him talking to Tijuana. I see him talking to Ryan O. What I don't see is all of them together talking much. That puts Andrew in a power position, because HE'S the communication point between the other members of his tribe. That, subconsciously, makes him more important than anyone else, and he'll be the last thought for a boot choice.
    Misunderestimates! That sounds like something "Dubya" would say!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    From what I understand, Challenges are the big production events of the three-day cycles. There are many, many more people on hand than we ever see on camera. That being said, you're right that Jeff appears to be the sole arbiter of the rules during the Challenges. I think he needs to run a tighter ship, though. For all his in-your-face frankness at Tribal Council, he seems to want to give everyone a chance in the Challenges, regardless of the rules laid out.
    Jeff's repeated warnings to Osten during the challenge could have lead to a very interesting situation. What would have happened if, after several warnings to Osten to lift the rope from the log, Rupert (who had held the rope properly all along) would have let go of the rope before Osten? Would Drake have lost that challenge even though Rupert followed Jeff's instructions to the letter while Osten did not?

One would think that had this happened that Drake would have been declared the winner and that the challenge would have been edited in such a way as to show that either Rupert truly outlasted Osten or Osten was disqualified. Drake would have had a very viable claim as being named the victor in this situation, and it would be awfully difficult for the producers to deny them their win.

My guess is that Jeff maybe explained prior to this particular point in the challenge that he would allow some leeway for both teams as they struggled to keep the rope lifted above the log (for example, if the rope touched the log while they changed or adjusted their footing), but that repeated warnings (how many I am not sure) would result in disqualification. Obviously there are a lot of details regarding challenge rules that are discussed with the tribes that we as viewers never get to see. Maybe this is just one of those instances.

+ Reply to Thread