+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Well, I just had to go rewatch the show to see things I might have missed the first time around. Here's what I noticed:

Andrew in his lawyeresque manner of speaking--
    1. "Osten didn't quit; he said he was interested in quitting, and I think there is a big difference." Not in my book!

"Every member has an obligation to the tribe to check mental infirmities at the door. Osten is going to struggle with his mental stability his entire time out here. I don't know if he has the confidence..." The esteemed leader has just admitted Osten does not have the mental toughness to compete. Sure he has the physical toughness, but that's not helping too much right now.

2. I actually caught Tijuana doing something--she was paddling the boat during the RC! Glad I saw that, because I hadn't really seen any contribution from her so far.

3. Darrah, in all her usefulness to her tribe, :rolleyes contributed by bailing water from Snapping Duck Bay to throw into Rupert's face, instead of bailing from her sinking boat!

4. Lil stated, "We started out with 3 or 4 hooks; we're down to one, and then I lost the hook." I think that meant it was their last hook that she lost.

5. Ryan O. speaks of his tribe's impatience. Wow, what have they done about that? Once again, it's that communication and teamwork concept.

6. Osten was definitely cheating during the IC. Jeff told him five different times to stop leaning on the post when they were in the final phase. Actually, Osten was leaning the rope on the post almost the entire time.

7. Lastly, Rupert totally psyched Osten out by looking over at him and grinning at him during the competition. Mind games are an important part of any challenge. Osten fails miserably in that department, I'm afraid. Just be glad a crab didn't come & crawl on him while he was lying in the sand! We know how he feels about creepy-crawlies.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 10-03-2003 at 04:12 PM.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I think one of Osten's problems is that he doesn't have faith in himself. He seems (to me) to be one of those people who perform better with cheerleaders, with people telling him how great he is, and with events so far he's doubting himself and basically sabotaging himself with his negative mentality.
    I think Tijuana should of flash her boobs.. that will keep Osten to hang on little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cullen
    We must be watching two different shows.

If you mean cardio, maybe. Andrew might be able to outrun him. But Osten has at least 50 pounds of muscle on him.
    Osten's muscle might look big.. but that's all.. It doesn't mean that he is too strong.. If you watch the athletes for weight lifting.. all of them build like Rupter.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Osten's muscle might look big.. but that's all.. It doesn't mean that he is too strong.. If you watch the athletes for weight lifting.. all of them build like Rupter.
    I think you are right, Osten is build more like sprinters, really muscular looking, but it is all explosive energy, no endurance. Rupert on the other hand probably is not as fast physically, but he has the endurance (and the mindset of a winner).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Granted, I'm going off of what Andrew and the others said as far as Lill's productivity around camp. And, yes, the gameplay is key. But I still don't think Darrah is more of a help in the challenges than Lill was. The mistakes Lill made in gameplay were in the interest of helping the team pull out of its funk. Darrah's total indifference while on the cove walk with Tijuana should have cast enough doubt in the minds of the "Big Four" to vote her out. They need commitment to the team out of whoever stays, as well as the ability to compete in challenges. I think Lill had both, and Darrah had neither.
    Ah! The truth is, we agree with each other.

But, the tribe thinks Darrah is more valuable, and I think her suffering in the last IC probably helped her case, while Lil's fishing faux pax hurt her.

Some interesting things came out of Lil's chat today too on that topic, but see the thread for that.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Well, I just had to go rewatch the show to see things I might have missed the first time around. Here's what I noticed:

Andrew in his lawyeresque manner of speaking--
    1. "Osten didn't quit; he said he was interested in quitting, and I think there is a big difference." Not in my book!
    All your points were good. Yes, I was thinking the same thing as he said this - only a lawyer could have come up with that statement. Sheesh! If they had a boat waiting 24 hours a day with a flag that said, come aboard when you want to quit, Osten would have sailed on day 6. Of course he can't quit at the drop of a hat. But talking about it and begging for people to vote him out is as close as he can come to quitting outright. Unless he were to hurt himself, drop boiling water on his foot or nearly drowning...hmmmm.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    near drowning. LOL Nice and sly hepcat!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    To what everyone else has said, I really don't think Lill really understood this game. She was always off alone, complaining, and not trying to build alliances with anyone!

Everyone in that tribe is clueless and I can't stand Andrew! He is such an idiot and a poor excuse for a leader if there was anything. I looked to see him fix the shelter, but it looks exactly the same as before.

I think Ryan O is the only decent one left on that stupid tribe. He can make the merge, I don't give a crap about the rest of the tribe.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    To what everyone else has said, I really don't think Lill really understood this game. She was always off alone, complaining, and not trying to build alliances with anyone!

Everyone in that tribe is clueless and I can't stand Andrew! He is such an idiot and a poor excuse for a leader if there was anything. I looked to see him fix the shelter, but it looks exactly the same as before.

I think Ryan O is the only decent one left on that stupid tribe. He can make the merge, I don't give a crap about the rest of the tribe.
    I agree, Ryan seems like a decent guy, and I still like Darrah. They are the only 2 I am rooting for from that wretched tribe. I still hope Drake loses soon, Johnny Fairplay is really getting on my nerves, I wish he was on Morgan so he already would have been gone!

I wonder if she told someone where their water source is located. It really will get interesting if she didn't and the map turns up "missing".

toothfairy

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toothfairy
    I wonder if she told someone where their water source is located. It really will get interesting if she didn't and the map turns up "missing".

toothfairy
    Good point,
    In episode 1, after Lil and Skinny Ryan went and got water for the first time, they murmered something about keeping the location, or something to that point to themselves. I have wondered since then if anybody other than those 2 know where the water is, or if anyone else has gotten the water, we are at the mercy of the editors, so, we really don't know. I guess we will find out next week.

+ Reply to Thread