+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Oh my..........I was a legal secretary for over 15 years..and I have worked for attorneys exactly like Andrew...long on talk and short on action. For some inane reason, whenever there is an attorney in a group...they are almost always singled out as a leader. Trust me folks...having that law degree does not necessarily endow a person with brains and common sense..and certainly not heart. During confession Andrew talks and talks about all the reasons Morgan is losing....at camp he is clueless. If Morgan loses again...vote off Andrew..and renew the Morgan resolve.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

(Bill, it was Christie that was being grilled, just want to make sure you get that for the Pirate Report)

Lillian not only lost a hook, she lost the LAST hook the tribe had. Apparently, they started with 3 or 4, and were down to just that one.

Now, I'm not sure if losing the LAST hook is a bigger loss, in the scheme of things, than losing the first hook...they're all important, right? But it has significant impact on Morgan's fish-catching ability.

I thought that they showed Darrah? walking along the Morgan beach with a fishing spear. Don't have the episode recorded, but it was after IC. Maybe in the previews for next week.

I'm also normally a sucker for the underdog but the only redeeming qualities of Morgan got voted off the last two TC's.

Anyone who saw the debacle of the fishing village could tell that Morgan was going nowhere, fast. Drake was making mental lists, discussing their choices, quietly bartering, and spending every last dime to ensure a well stocked 'pantry' and suitable shelter. Meanwhile, Morgan was employing the much loved,'scream at the locals and gesticulate wildly' manuever that we often see on Amazing Race. They also inexplicably bartered away their clothes (this would have made sense if they would have traded them for more sensible things) and ran around like they were trying to confuse the enemy. Then, upon hearing Sandra speaking in the native tongue and seeing the fried chicken she had managed to procure, the Morgans fell into complete mayhem. Someone in the panic-stricken mob yelled, "To the boat!", apparently under the impression they could pop in for a latte later that afternoon.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by John
    (Bill, it was Christie that was being grilled, just want to make sure you get that for the Pirate Report)

Lillian not only lost a hook, she lost the LAST hook the tribe had. Apparently, they started with 3 or 4, and were down to just that one.

Now, I'm not sure if losing the LAST hook is a bigger loss, in the scheme of things, than losing the first hook...they're all important, right? But it has significant impact on Morgan's fish-catching ability.
    Are you sure about this, John? I thought she said the tribe started with 3 hooks, that 1 had been lost already, and then SHE had lost one. That would still leave one. I could be wrong, that's just what I thought she said.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by John

You are right John. Clearly I need to stop drinking this early in the morning

I too am not sure if it was their last hook. The math that Lil talked about was pretty confusing. However, the tribe acted like it was the last hook.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

To be honest, I don't know that it even mattered that the hook was lost. Besides Lill's ill-fated attempt, are any of them even trying to fish? If they are, the producers haven't showed it. Morgan seems to like to make plans ("Let's fix our shelter!" "Lets make a fishing net!" "Let's go fishing!") much better than they like to go through with plans.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    The whole RC was just sad, Osten and his crew mates either know nothing about boats or just don't plain think.
    Yup. And based on all their other bungled ops, I'm going with the latter.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Why is Osten viewed as such an important part of the tribe in challenges? He lost both of them for Morgan last night. If Osten was so good at quitting things, why was he put as the "strongest"? Morgan is basing who they vote out solely on appearances. Darrah didn't have Lillian's spirit, and Osten didn't have Ryan's heart. I bet if Ryan S. was still around instead of Osten, he would have one as anchor in the IC, since he has way more heart... Maybe that's a slight exageration... I was pulling for Morgan, but now that Lill is gone, I have no reason to, anymore.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX

Well, not just the leadership choice, but their idiotic performance in the marketplace, which was driven by the entire tribe. But yes, Andrew continues to talk a good game, and I actually agree with some of his assessments, but the facts are he continues to make poor judgements, and the results are horrific.

. . . Hey Lil, you were a member of that tribe. She was not able to help in challenges, and this tribe needs to win them obviously. Yes, she can make a fire, but so can everyone else . . . Then she admitted to not knowing how to fish, but went off on her own, predictably failed, and lost a hook. Can you guess how Rupert would have responded to that?
    I agree on both counts. Andrew is a horrible leader, but that is far from the whole problem. They bungle everything. I think he's making the worst of an already-bad situation.

I'm perplexed by all the Lill-love around here. Seems like her chief occupation has been whining. Has that snarl ever left her face? She does sound a positive note now and then, but she doesn't even know how to do that convincingly. She warmed my heart for the very first time when everyone was dejected and she tried, somewhat feebly, to rally their spirits with her "I think we're doing great." Can't even get that right. Things could hardly be further from great. You don't rouse anybody with preposterous lies. But I was really with her for trying. And for at least knowing they had to rally their spirits; at least she wasn't bringing things down like the rest of them.

And I liked her determination to attempt to fish, even though she didn't know how. Good determination, really bad judgement. Surely there are people who can fish there. Surely there are 100 other things to be done. Do what you're good at, for God's sake.

She apparently is a very hard worker, which would be a nice commodity to reward in a group that had the luxury of rewarding it, but she doesn't seem to have much ability. And she's lousy at challenges, which is where they're dying.

And she's playing a game that's all about alliances, not hard work at camping. Yet she befriended one other outsider and made no other connection to the rest of the group. She could hardly have played this game worse, so I don't know why she said she would be very resentful. Maybe if the logo said outwhine, outsnarl, outcamp.

+ Reply to Thread