+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: Pirate Report (Day 6) - Morgan in Disarray

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Bill, great job! Well thought out, excellent reasoning, and the line about booze and blankets was hilarious!

FORT Fogey
    I agree that it won't take much and Drake will have serious problems on their hands. All they need to do is lose a challenge. I completely agree.

Michelle does seem like the has already made her alliances with Shawn and Burton, and possibly Jon. I just hope that when they go to tribal council, because eventually they will, they don't kick off Rupert or Sandra.

Oh, and it was Shawn who lost the spear. Burton is the cute one.

Great analysis, Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Michelle does seem like the has already made her alliances with Shawn and Burton, and possibly Jon. I just hope that when they go to tribal council, because eventually they will, they don't kick off Rupert or Sandra.

Oh, and it was Shawn who lost the spear. Burton is the cute one.
    Sorry Wolf, I honestly do get them confused during the show. Maybe because they seem inseperable.

I agree with your fear. These slackers might group together and boot Rupert or Sandra. I think they would keep Sandra first given that she was invaluable to them early on, and that requires some loyalty. Besides, while I love Rupert, I think he could get on the tribes nerves.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Excellent analysis, as always, Bill. I still think Ryan S. could have done something by calling out Osten at TC, but I doubt it would have been enough to save himself. I do think it was his only play, though, and he botched it. He just wasn't really much of a player.

My favorite line of the week:
    She should probably sit next to Osten day and night, talking about warm blankets, thick steaks, and booze.
    I can just picture that! Kind of like Hannibal Lecter persuading Miggs to swallow his own tongue.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Concerning Ryan S. not calling out Osten at Tribal Council when he had the chance to, I think it's a little too easy to analyze that in hindsight. If he had named Osten at Tribal Council and was subsequently voted out of the game, I'm sure some people would have said that he put nails in his own coffin when commiting a great Survivor faux-pas. He went with his best bet, which was to appear to stay "loyal" to the tribe. I agree with everyone that his fate was decided long before that statement, though.

Yeah, I suspect that's what he was thinking. I had a feeling he should call Osten out right when Jeff gave him the opportunity, though. It wasn't a hindsight thing for me. I figured his head was already on the block. He had nothing to lose by sharing that information. He might even change a few minds. At the very least, he'd give Osten the chance to defend that position, an opportunity that Osten could have completely blown in his current state of mind.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I completely agree that he should have called out Osten, especially when given the chance. He has nothing to lose since he was obviously the one to go next (I am sure that MB made us feel Osten might go merely through editing, and that there was no doubt among the other players that Ryan was next). Given that setting, it seems logical that he should take the more daring approach and point out Osten. However, Ryan himself might not have known just how "in-for-it" he was. In fact, Osten talking to Ryan about wanting to go might have put some doubt into Ryan's mind that Osten actually had a chance of going that night. Betting on that, and knowing Osten had contacted every other member about his intentions to leave the game, Ryan was almost convinced that taking a less daring approach, and letting the more recent Osten turn-around play itself out would be the wisest route to go. I think he was wrong, but I definitely can see where he's coming from.

What I basically mean is that from Ryan's point of view, without the benefit of MB's editing, he had a very tough choice between calling Osten out or not. I agree he made the wrong choice though
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RealGuy
    If you blow it early, the other team can relax, which leads to better performance in their weakened condition, meanwhile you are even more desperate. Next, in the immunity challenge, Morgan had a huge lead going into the beach, yet they could not negotiate unraveling the bamboo tube, and lost.

--------------------------------------------------

They have had to come from behind in at least 2 important challenges. Morgan had a huge lead in the IC, which they blew because they couldn't get the bamboo tube untied. Drake won that one because their tube practically fell apart on them. I haven't seen anybody comment on that, but I recall that it practically just fell open as they started to untie it. It was apparently poorly tied to begin with. If anybody taped it, can you watch that segment again? I'd be interested to know if I saw that correctly. At this point, tho, Morgan's morale is so decimated, it would be quite a feat for them to come back. But stranger things have happened!
    I noticed that it looked like Ryan O was having difficulty opening the trunk. But Drake's trunk seemed to open quite easily.

I've taped the show and saw it again last night. Drake's tube slide off practically effortless!

I had to wonder if maybe the competitions are rigged?

I also wonder if maybe if Sandra, knowing that Drake agreed not to decimate Morgan, asked Morgan where their water jug is they wouldn't have copped so much of attitude. I also think that as she was taking down the tarp she should've told them something like "We agreed that our first choice will be the water jug. If I couldn't find that, we will get the tarp."

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Concerning Ryan S. not calling out Osten at Tribal Council when he had the chance to, I think it's a little too easy to analyze that in hindsight. If he had named Osten at Tribal Council and was subsequently voted out of the game, I'm sure some people would have said that he put nails in his own coffin when commiting a great Survivor faux-pas. He went with his best bet, which was to appear to stay "loyal" to the tribe. I agree with everyone that his fate was decided long before that statement, though.

If Osten really wanted out he would have spoken up when Jeff asked Ryan who approched him about leaving. I am curious though. If Osten asked to be voted out, why would it have been wrong for Ryan to say his name in tribal council? I wouldn't think it was a secret or disloyalty to the tribe. Before the game started I picked RyanS to be the 1st person voted out.

toothfairy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast