+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Music CD

Survivor Music CD

Russ Landau, the creator of the Survivor music each season, now has a CD for sale. It includes the music from all 7 Survivors, including 3 rejected S7 themes, and a couple of Survivor UK themes as well.

A significant portion of the proceeds from the sale of the CD's (at $10, a good buy) will go to the Whalemen Foundation.

http://russlandau.com/landau.html#music

(Russ also does the music for Dog Eat Dog, Eco-Challenge, Fear Factor, and several other shows)

How cool! I have the first Survivor soundtrack, and I really enjoy it. "Tally The Vote," which is the background music encompassing the arrival at TC, the banter, the voting, the counting of the votes, AND the quenching of the torch (followed by the mournful "noooooow sheeee's goooone" part ) is a personal favorite. I have it on my PC so I can listen to it whenever I want to.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

You can listen for free to S4 and S1 themes at the site above. Just enough to whet your appetite

The Marquesas theme is probably my favorite variation on the original.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Note to Bravo, Zhora, Cali, Ili, Wolf and others: you can also hear the Combat Missions theme song on the site.

Edited to add that they also have the opening segment of the final episode of the series. Man, how I love that show! "Are you not entertained?!?"
    Last edited by Paulie; 09-23-2003 at 08:27 PM.

Premium Member
    I personally always liked the S2 theme song. They used an instrument from down under (I don't know the name of the thing) but it gave the theme song a classic yet eerie sound.

Hmmm... interesting... just wondering, but are the 'basic' parts of the theme music from each season similar? I mean, they sound pretty alike to me.

The Thailand one wasn't bad... I didn't really like the African one

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    I personally always liked the S2 theme song. They used an instrument from down under (I don't know the name of the thing) but it gave the theme song a classic yet eerie sound.
    I believe the instrument you are referencing is called a "didgeridoo".

My favorite theme was the Thailand theme and then the Africa theme, both of which had different vocals than the original version.

My favorite sequence though was the original survivor, followed by Austrailia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast