+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They're using Casting Agents again?!

They're using Casting Agents again?!

This is a blurb from Nicole's CBS chat transcript. Casting Agents are at work again.

Q: Nicole, what was your goal on Survivor? Was it simply to win the money, or was there something else you were hoping for?
    N: I was just hoping it would have a positive impact on my life and be a memorable experience one way or the other because I never really expected to get on it and I never really had a set goal. They approached me, I never went to an audition or sent in a tape. I was approached on the beach to do the show but had never contemplated doing it prior.

Why do they have to do that? I mean they are thousands of people auditioning for Survivor, surely, they can find someone interesting instead of scouting potential contestants!

That does really suck. Most of the rest seem like they actually applied to be on the show. It really paid off as she was there three days and she couldn't even pull one over on Lillian.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Guys, pretty much every reality series uses casting agents for this stuff. Including I'm sure the first season of Survivor (and the Amazing Race). It's always been like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Guys, pretty much every reality series uses casting agents for this stuff. Including I'm sure the first season of Survivor (and the Amazing Race). It's always been like that.
    It seems they use casting agents to find the good looking model types and rely on applicants for the more "normal" type contestants. I'm not sure what their reasoning is. Maybe they figure if they don't get some aspiring models/actors on the show it could end up boring?

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    It seems they use casting agents to find the good looking model types and rely on applicants for the more "normal" type contestants. I'm not sure what their reasoning is. Maybe they figure if they don't get some aspiring models/actors on the show it could end up boring?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Speaking of casting agents, who's this season's contestant who was cast at Belly's?

Good question Leo. There are several from the Los Angeles area, and we can rule out Nicole since she said she was approached on the beach.

Shawn Cohen, Los Angeles
    Jon Dalton - Los Angeles
    Christa Hastie - Los Angeles
    Ryan Opray - Los Gatos, CA

I'm betting on Jon as he is already as annoying as Mike Boogie, with Shawn coming in a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by porky pig
    Q: Nicole, what was your goal on Survivor? Was it simply to win the money, or was there something else you were hoping for?
    N: I was just hoping it would have a positive impact on my life and be a memorable experience one way or the other because I never really expected to get on it and I never really had a set goal. They approached me, I never went to an audition or sent in a tape. I was approached on the beach to do the show but had never contemplated doing it prior.
    You know, this is a good argument against using casting agents. They cast Nicole because they thought she was a hottie (I sure didn't) but she evidently hadn't thought about the show much and probably wasn't very familiar with past seasons. So she goes on the show and immediately makes strategic blunders that regular applicants of the show would know better than to try. They really wasted their time casting Nicole.

They also wasted our time. They wanted a "babe" to hang around for a while & boost the ratings. There is no shortage of good looking "babes" they could have found among the applicants and they would have known better than to try a strategy like that, so early on. Survivor has been around long enough it's not for amatuer strategizers. You can't cast people off the beach & expect them to last long against "seasoned" survivor schemers who have been watching the show.

I guess there were not enough Applicants for Survivor with breast implants so they had to go to the Beach and look for someone with boobs (?)

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    I guess there were not enough Applicants for Survivor with breast implants so they had to go to the Beach and look for someone with boobs (?)
    Lol!

It's really unfair to every person who applied when she didn't and she got on the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast