+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: They're using Casting Agents again?!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    If this transcript SurvivorNews.net is accurate, you're right Scoobero about her knowing nothing about the game:
    Talk about lame. How could you cast somebody for a reality series, who has never seen it?? :mad:

maybe they were casting for the 'beautiful bigmouthed first bootee'

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    Talk about lame. How could you cast somebody for a reality series, who has never seen it?? :mad:
    The interesting point is that most people (myself included) would not watch a reality show if we knew everyone was cast. Look at this year's Big Brother..most people hate that show because just about the whole cast looks like they came out of a soap opera casting call. This seems another example of TV producers being more stupid then their viewers. The shows get good ratings, but are anything but memorable...that being said, I feel this year's cast is the best since season 2 and really loved the first episode. I did not know that Nicole was basically an actress cast, but I was very glad to see her go as she was one of the few who seemed like Big Brother material..meaning no personality.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojado71
    The interesting point is that most people (myself included) would not watch a reality show if we knew everyone was cast. Look at this year's Big Brother..most people hate that show because just about the whole cast looks like they came out of a soap opera casting call. This seems another example of TV producers being more stupid then their viewers. The shows get good ratings, but are anything but memorable...that being said, I feel this year's cast is the best since season 2 and really loved the first episode. I did not know that Nicole was basically an actress cast, but I was very glad to see her go as she was one of the few who seemed like Big Brother material..meaning no personality.
    Hello Bojado,
    I have never seen Big Brother, I strictly watch Survivor if my schedule allows, and most of the time I have to tape it. The thing I like about Survivor for the most part, is the regular folk scenario, basically plucking 16 people out and stranding them. I like the fact they they range from wealthy to not so wealthy, from white collar to blue collar, soccer mom's and lawyers. The selection of the 16 was always the key to success for me. I mean, to cast Frank and Brandon on the same tribe in S3 was priceless. If they mess with that idealology, then the show will lose its zest. The fact that Nicole had never seen the show, and basically went on a 3 day photo op, is bogus, and disingenuous to the people who enjoy the premise.

Pardon, but the premise is 16 total strangers, no?

Nicole is not some kind of actress, she's a message thereapist, and has never me the other 15 people in her life. That's not destroying the premise.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Pardon, but the premise is 16 total strangers, no?

Nicole is not some kind of actress, she's a message thereapist, and has never me the other 15 people in her life. That's not destroying the premise.
    If the opening post of this thread is correct, the she never applied for the show, never watched, and was basically out to have fun, not win a million. That does destroy the premise completely, and as far as 16 strangers go, they absolutely never met each other before, that's a fact, but the other 15 wanted to win, knew the game, and as far as we know, were not approached to play the game. If they want to stage contestant's because of a look, why waste time and ask for audition tapes? Just go to the Ford modeling agency and ask for 16 volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlying
    Guys, pretty much every reality series uses casting agents for this stuff. Including I'm sure the first season of Survivor (and the Amazing Race). It's always been like that.
    [COLOR=Black]This is news to me!! What a rip off .. and what if the people who are cast on reality shows are given the right answers or strategies to win ... I don't think that is fair.

FORT Fogey

This really sucks! No wonder she completely blew it. I've watched this show since the beginning, almost and I really understand how to play the game. I would like to apply when I'm 21 but what's the point when there are casting agents picking some chick who is much prettier than me just to get ratings?

We actually never see unattractive contestants you know... especially girls. It's either older women or just young attractive girls. For men, they have either some fat people or just young athletic men. They should have people like Gary/Dave from TAR 2 or something... they weren't THAT attractive

You know, I bet that Survivor gets a higher percentage of younger/athletic people applying to participate than is in the population. The contestents have to be strong and hearty to get thru the challenges and the living conditions. they also have to be in a position to be away from their families for months--and to stop making money during that time. Given that, I think Survivor does pretty well to find people like "Big Tom" from Survivor: Africa to be on the show so the contestants don't completely look like the cast of the Real World in bathing suits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast