+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wolf said:

I have a feeling the Production crew probably told the villagers that they would get a little something if they helped out the tribes.
    I think I saw somewhere that Survivor bought everything whether the Survivors came in and bought it or not. Makes sense if you're going to let 16 people come in and pillage your village. (hey, that rhymes and sounds totally cheesy )
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Wolf said:

I think I saw somewhere that Survivor bought everything whether the Survivors came in and bought it or not. Makes sense if you're going to let 16 people come in and pillage your village. (hey, that rhymes and sounds totally cheesy )

Hmm..all the more reason why Tijuana was being a total tard when she was going off on that woman villager. Really...stop with your freakiness. The woman even GAVE them a pot at no cost. What a tool Tijuana was...that was the one part of the show where I was like.."wtf>??"

I totally said while watching the show...these villagers are prepared for these people cause the show would HAVE to tell them about what's going on. Also, I thought the village was really quaint, clean and beautiful. Wonder if the show cleaned up the village at all? hmmm...

Oh. I just remembered when Sandra was making that deal with the woman villager...and the woman was "into" Trish's (I think it was her) eyes. I REALLYYYyyyy rolf'd on that one!
    "I think she likes her...in a sexual way.."
    Trish was all "dumdee dum".... "hahaha...gracias graciaasss" as she's hugging her.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by piglet
    Ive not read all the responses, so excuse me if I repeat. Granted, there was no way for Morgan to overtake Drake, but they also got to just stand there while Drake moved all the rocks and broke down the barrier. Therefore Drake was exhausted by the time they had to sprint to the finish.
    I was actually thinking during that they should throw a few rocks back behind them.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I did notice them move some logs back in place after getting through the "disassemble fence" first.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Also, I thought the village was really quaint, clean and beautiful. Wonder if the show cleaned up the village at all? hmmm...
    I was an exchange student to Panama when I was a teenager, although not on these islands or anything, I was in a small village in the country, and the streets were remarkably clean. I had been to Tijuana and was expecting something like that. No way. Families burn their own garbage and compost the organic stuff (in the country, everyone's got a garden or fields). Where I was there were a lot of dogs everywhere (not pets) cleaning up any foodstuff and lastly, it rained buckets every day. So the streets themselves always looked pretty clean. People did laundry in the river, although since I was with a well-off family we had running cold water (no hot). We drank from the rivers & streams all the time and I never got sick. Don't do that in Tijuana!!

Also, we made special trips to the beach because they were teeming with lovely crabs. We'd fill coffee cans full of them and eat some on the spot, the rest went home for a special Sunday dinner. I'm not surprised they are finding plenty of food. Found all kinds of gorgeous shells, too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I love love love Rupert! He has the right idea. Normally I would be apposed to stealing, but it is a pirate's game. Rupert fished up a storm. He showed dedication to the entire tribe. It steams me that he was being ridiculed by the wonder twins especially to his face. Deispicable! I think Rupert did the right thing by simply staying quiet and letting the guys dig their own grave. If the wonder twins keep it up they will just seem even more rotten for disrespecting a decent man who is willing to provide for his entire tribe to the best of his abilities. I only hope that Rupert can keep his cool. I know the previews show otherwise, but I can still hope it is not as bad as they are leading us to imagine.

I bet the guys did not drop trou solely to save Osten from being the only guy in the tushy hall of fame this season. I bet there was a wager outside of the game where one of them boasted he could get naked in the first episode and make it seem honorable. There were simply too many other options for keeping his pants up. They had enough time to figure out another way to keep the pants from being an issue.

I sure hope Lill finds a way to get out of her negative funk. She is a Scout Master for goodness sake. She has so many skills to offer. I wish she could muster some of that positive energy she undoubtably shared with her scouts of the past eleven years. Get it together Lil!

I loved Sandra's bargaining for the best deal on rice. I loved that the gold necklace was traded for everything that was not nailed down at the Bar-B-Q. I loved seeing the entire tribe dragging everything to the boat. Their teamwork began early on and will benifit them greatly. I am really happy about how the first challange turned out. Woohoo! What a great show!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea1994
    Posted by cajro62 - Today at 12:35 PM
    I don't think that Lillian is evil, she didn't set Nicole up. . .
    You're right, I was hasty in the way I described it. Lillian was mainly just stupid. She just did her normal clueless routine--and acted on her absurd moral code: "Someone wants to vote a person off! Scandal! This must be stopped!" and started shouting her mouth off. That would make her more . . . pathetic.

But while she didn't intend to be the villian there, I still think she was--easily more than Nicole. All Nicole did was launch a bumbling, premature effort to eliminate her chief rival. Certainly nothing to make her a backstabber.

She just picked the woman from mars to launch her campaign, and you just never can tell how those martians will react.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllAboutMe
    Every time someone does something stupid(which I think they set the record last night) I found myself thinking "Have you ever seen the show"!!! You can always count on a couple of the guys proclaiming to be leaders & barking our orders to everyone. Hello!!! you just gauranteed your going to get the boot.
    I thought that nearly every time Morgan was on the screen, and every time the "leaders" strutted around like baboons in chest-pounding season.

Hasn't the watering hole been on every map every season? No floor for the shelter? That's been learned the hard way several times.

But nothing beat the leaders. At least the a**hole attorney (not SUCH an ass last night, but have you seen the two pre-vids CBS posted on the site? blech!) went about it relatively wisely, garnering the support of his team (aside from Osten who will never forgive him). It will come back to haunt him as a target, but at least he hasn't alienated them.

The dynamic drake duo seemed to have watched the first few episodes of last season, admired the old bigot who barked all the orders and said, "I want to be him! Except younger, stronger, hotter and even more threatening." Brilliant.

Can't they give us some hotties to root for?

Ryan O may have to fill that role. He's not SO hot, but he's great above the neck and will do in a pinch. I'm not in love with him yet, and he's made quite a few dumb moves, but he also seems to have a playful heart. He smiles a lot, giggles a lot. There may be a young, dumb Warren Zevon in his heart yet.
    Last edited by John; 09-19-2003 at 03:48 PM.

I love Rupert too, but as someone else pointed out, he may get old really fast. Hard to predict, but so far I'm loving him. Sure didn't expect to.

Quote Originally Posted by BBfan
    I loved when Rupert went after more fish for the rest of his island mates. And I'm confused about why that other guy came back with only ONE fish. It wasn't enough for even one person let alone the tribe.
    That's simple, because he's a jackass.

It was too stupid for words. One fish, eight people? It wasn't about feeding the tribe, it was about proving his virility. He saw the pole, got one himself, and lunged for the ocean immediately. Once he demonstrated he could cum first, he was satiated and laid down to rest, dreaming of further manly endevors.

The funny part--the best single moment of the show, even if they did edit in his expression from another scene--was his shock and horror that someone else would see fit to grab his pole and actually serve the tribe rather than just his ego. (Rupert was definitely serving his own ego as well, but at least he had two masters.)

I wasn't surprised at all that Rupert would be so lame to stop after one fish, just surprised that he would be suprised at the opening he gave the others. He must have thought he was intimidating enough that no man would dare reach for his pole, having already claimed it as his own.

I love this show.

+ Reply to Thread