+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Leo
    Premium Member
    Wow. I loved that episode. Rupert stealing from Morgan just set the tone of the whole thing. He fishes, he steals, he absolutely rocks. Period.

As for the rest...

- Is there anyone in Survivor who actually looks good when they're drunk? Someone tell Jon to lay off the alcohol. I hope he's Drake's first boot.

- "Morgan behind"? As for Andrew and Ryan O.: :stupid

- Drake is the stronger tribe on paper, but I think Morgan will do better overall - at least until whatever swap MB has planned takes place. Drake has comitted a lot of silly mistakes. They left their stuff alone, they don't even look at theior map when they were looking for water, and three of them strip naked for no good reason. A little short up there, from the sound of it.

- Burton and Shawn - obnoxious. I'm not a fan of Christa (so far), but that was just plain rude.

- Christa seems to be decent - just don't let her narrate, please?

- I don't like Sandra. There's some sort of bossy/annoying undertone to her confessionals.
    Last edited by Leo; 09-19-2003 at 03:00 AM.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by TootAll
    This is when I really started loving Rupert. Burton gets one fish for 8 people, stops fishing and pats himself on the back. I don't feel Burton had to fish for everyone, but don't look sulky at Rupert because he did.

I totally lost any like for Shawn and Burton when they cracked open the coconut, shared only with Michelle when Christa was also standing there looking like she would strip for a drop. I don't particularly like Christa and the coconut probably didn't have that much milk, but it was just s***y not to offer to share when other people are thirsty too and they're standing right there.
    Does this mean Rupert will become this season's best male cast member? I hope so.

Ryan O.'s the only sekzi guy on Mandrake. The women over there are all good looking though.

Oh and for kicks I don't think it's right to boot off someone like a scout leader. Learn from her, people!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    - Is there anyone in Survivor who actually looks good when they're drunk? Someone tell Jon to lay off the alcohol. I hope he's Drake's first boot.

- Christa seems to be decent - just don't let her narrate, please?
    Yeah, Jon seemed like a total drunk. How's he going to make it through the show without booze? And his sense of humor seemed totally booze related. Hello? Dude, you're not that funny and you're going to get voted off.

Christa - I've heard the rumors about her maybe cocaine use. Her voice sounds really nasal, like someone who's got serious nasal problems. But, she's got a rather large probiscous so who knows? Maybe it's just allergies? But the voice is really nasal.

GREAT 1st episode! I had to admit, I didn't think Burnett will make it interesting as the first two seasons, but the pirate themed Pearl Islands might just be the one to do it.

RUPERT IS THE GREATEST, I know it's only the 1st ep, but he really rocked!!! "Pirates steal..." OMG! , plus spearing those fish for the tribe (unlike that cocky one half of AGD who, gets one fish and appointed himself the "provider). And Rupert, you look so cute in that skirt

I loved the way Sandra took charge of the bargaining and bartering at the fishing village, she know she had the advantage of knowing how to speak Spanish and she used it, great bargaining skills too! And Trish? How cute is she when she was hugging and smiling at the lady who wanted her to stay there... uhm, forever? funny.

I don't like Shawn and Burton, they think that they look like the strongest guys in the tribe and they're kings? cocky and arrogant, I hope those mosquitoes swarm and eat you alive. sorry, got carried away there.

I'm rooting for Drake tribe (for now).

As for the Morgan tribe, bad vibes, I don't think they'll do well with the "team challenges", they don't communicate and get along well with one another, as Osten puts it, chaotic. I'm kinda rooting for Lillian and Ryan S. to stay maybe until the merge, they're the underdogs for this tribe.

Nicole should've kept her mouth shut, wrong move.

In the immunity challenge, I REALLY thought that it said MORGAN'S BEHIND, coz the camera was focused on their... uh, behinds, then I realized it's Morgan behind.

Can't wait to see it again tonight with my husband, I taped it for him since he missed it, again, great ep!

I'm so relieved to see a cast that isn't completely made up of stick-thin beautiful people that want modeling careers and "air time."

I don't understand the whole thing with the shorts/underwear falling off in the first place. Yes, it was nice for the guys to say they would take theirs off, too, but all they had to do was cut them slightly down the side and then tie the ends and they probably would have stayed up. This, however, is not as incredibly stupid as not checking the map to find the well. You would think that someone would have actually read the map when they looked at it to find out where to find their campsite.

I can't put into words how happy I am that we finally have a Survivor where the people can actually hunt or fish to find food!!! If they don't eat, it is because they are lazy, and not because every creature around them is an endangered species.

When they were bartering, I was yelling at the t.v. various items, like SALT, SUNTAN LOTION, BUG SPRAY, FIRST AID SUPPLIES, CANVAS MATERIAL and NEEDLE AND THREAD! But did they listen to me??? Noooooo.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    Loved the show tonight. The extra 30 minutes was great.

What a bunch of f***ups on the Morgans. They screwed up start to finish.

Lots of (male) hotties this season, but I'm not sure I like any of them. That Burton is just plain adorable, but I don't know about his ever-darkening heart. (Blackbeard and Blackheart?)
    Last edited by John; 09-19-2003 at 08:01 AM.

Just an Excitable Boy Dave Cullen's Avatar
    They all seemed to vote for the most evil scheming person first.
    No they didn't, they voted for Nicole. Though they did vote for the person they thought was the biggest schemer, so I give them points for trying to do the right/bright thing.

The funny part is that everyone is so sure Lillian is so pure, when she's the villian of the whole thing. All Nicole did was approach her about a voting block: that's standard procedure. Then she went and blabbed to everyone which was totally uncool, especially doing it with the express purpose of starting a feud. Good move to save her skin, but hardly the unblemished soul everyone is seeing.

I do agree that they were smart to head off the feud immediately, and end it by voting off one of the feuders. And Nicole had to be the one, because booting Tijuana would still live Lillian and Nicole feuding, since they both know Lillian set Nicole up and then Nicole lied about Lillian. Plus they thought Nicole was the schemer, so she was history.

Will they ever get wise to Lillian? Probably not until she tries it--or something like it again.

Will she be the oddball who hangs on indefinitely because no one ever sees her as a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    - Drake is the stronger tribe on paper, but I think Morgan will do better overall - at least until whatever swap MB has planned takes place. Drake has comitted a lot of silly mistakes. They left their stuff alone, they don't even look at theior map when they were looking for water, and three of them strip naked for no good reason. A little short up there, from the sound of it.
    You have this backwards...Morgan is the team that left their stuff alone and didn't look at the map for water. Drake is the team with my man Rupert the Pillager.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Oh, drat. Yeah, I messed up. I keep forgetting which is which.

And another example of Morgan ineptitude: why in the world did they decide to take apart the cannon at the very start? They didn't need to, and the IC was pretty much decided right there.

I don't think that Lillian is evil, she didn't set Nicole up. Nicole did herself in. I don't think that it's a good idea to walk up to someone and say I want to get rid of so and so because they are annoyed with them.

+ Reply to Thread