+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    When she said that I thought she was talking about past experience being in charge of kids, and how that had taught her patience. If she meant it the way you heard it - or more importantly, if the other survivors took it the way you did, she better watch out. That's pretty darn rude.
    You're right! I just re-watched that part and Lillian was referring to the kids she works with at camp.

For someone that works with kids, I would've thought she would be more friendlier with the others. She's already made her mind that she doesn't fit in, and if she doesn't change that mentality, she'll be out before Ryan S.

Didn't like that Andrew and the other guy, can't recall his name, were making fun of Blackbeard. They better watch it because Rupert seems like he can be a scary guy if he wants to.
    That wasn't Andrew that was making fun of Rupert, I like Andrew and he's on Morgan not Drake. The tools making fun of Rupert were Shawn(sp?) and Burton(sp?) who I can't stand already.

I liked that Andrew openly criticized Ryan S. but didn't vote for him. They all seemed to vote for the most evil scheming person first. Could we have gotten a semi-moral common sense team after all these seasons???
    I think so too. When Nicole tried to get Lillian to vote Tijuana off Lillian didn't agree so she went and told Andrew who went and told Tijuana and then Tijuana confronted Nicole. It seemed to me that the situation was more upfront or the group just likes Tijuana more than Nicole so the all turned on her. LOL.
    Last edited by TootAll; 09-19-2003 at 01:59 AM.

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by TootAll
    That wasn't Andrew that was making fun of Rupert. I like Andrew and he's on Morgan. The tools making fun of Rupert were Shawn(sp?) and Burton(sp?). I can't stand those two already.

I like this and think so too. When Nicole tried to get Lillian to vote Tijuana off Lillian didn't agree so she went and told Andrew who went and told Tijuana and then Tijuana confronted Nicole. It seemed to me that the situation was more upfront or the group just likes Tijuana more than Nicole so the all turned on her. LOL.
    I like Shawn and Burton but geez they didn't need to rip on poor Rupert. I hope Rupert spears one of them "accidently" underwater.

Nicole made herself stand out at the last minute lol. Pretty funny.

It was really sad to see Ryan S and Lillian act as this season's outcasts. It was really touching how the eldest woman in the game wasn't making any friends except with the youngest cast member. Kinda odd but they're probably going to be the mom and son duo we'll love.

People who don't share coconut milk should die. *still feeling terrible after the cocnot milk event with Christa* -_-

Shawn and Burton were down on Rupert because he wasn't part of their little circle of mutual admiration, plus he outfished both of these tools put together all by himself.

However, I think it was Jon who made the Blackbeard/Dress comment.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I hate Jon, Osten, Burton, and Shawn already. Actually, I hated them before the show started. None of them have any charisma. Especially Shawn and Burton. They're just about hanging out with guys there age, and have already formed a clicque. People don't want to be made fun of right in front of their face, even though they weren't purposely mocking Rupert. They do seema bit jealous of him, like when he went out to catch fish, after they caught there lonely one fish, and were so proud.

Who did I like? Trish and Sandra were awesome on Drake. I actually surprised myself by liking Christa, and Rupert is da man! Over on Morgan, I loved Big Lill, Andrew, Ryan S., and "To Wanda!" (Fried Green Tomatoes reference...) I love the way Lill calls Tijauna, Tiwanda. Poor Nicole, though. She left no impression really. That was a good first episode, though. Sandra was great at that market, and her confessionals were great, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TootAll
    That wasn't Andrew that was making fun of Rupert, I like Andrew and he's on Morgan not Drake. The tools making fun of Rupert were Shawn(sp?) and Burton(sp?) who I can't stand already..
    I still don't know who's who yet. So far, I like Shawn and Burton, mostly Burton but it wasn't cool that they were making fun of Rupert's beard catching the food crumbs.

People who don't share coconut milk should die.
    Christa looked like a thirsty dog, and the others didn't even offer her any coconut milk. That wasn't very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Shawn and Burton were down on Rupert because he wasn't part of their little circle of mutual admiration, plus he outfished both of these tools put together all by himself.

However, I think it was Jon who made the Blackbeard/Dress comment.
    It did seem obvious to me that the one guy, can't remember his name (Burton?), caught one fish & was all proud & my man Rupert was like, "this'll feed you, but we've got eight people to feed." That other guy seemed all pouty about it.

As Tootall said, maybe Rupert will "accidently" spear one of them. I can see it now as they all gather around the fire to eat Burton: "hmm, that's some good eatin'!"

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    The best moments of the episode were of course the "Morgan Behind", and Trish and the shopkeeper. I can't believe Burton and Shawn not sharing the coconut milk with everyone, when they were all pretty much there. By the way, Darrah DID have one confessional. Oh well... She must be too used to hanging around dead people.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    I don't find that particularly funny. As in, gay=valid, acceptable butt-of-joke. Because being gay is, y'know, a funny joke. I'm not exactly offended or anything.

By all means make fun of them, they do seem into themselves & their physical wonderfulness & all, which will probably get them booted before too long. They may be gay & into themselves & into each other. I'm not all PC or anything. Joking around is cool, especially if you're talking about someone on TV. Just the gay=acceptable joke part is all. Does that make sense?

Rupert rocks! A couple comments were made about his getting tired but I don't think anyone's going to hold that against him unless he appears to "give up" during challenges, which I really don't think he'd do. "Aaaargh, it's a pirate's life!" That was awsome.

I liked that Andrew openly criticized Ryan S. but didn't vote for him. They all seemed to vote for the most evil scheming person first. Could we have gotten a semi-moral common sense team after all these seasons???

Hi, I'm lurking here but I'm guessing you hadn't seen the Saturday Night Live cartoon serial skit titled "The Ambigiously Gay Duo."

I think same title sure fits these two.

It did seem obvious to me that the one guy, can't remember his name (Burton?), caught one fish & was all proud & my man Rupert was like, "this'll feed you, but we've got eight people to feed." That other guy seemed all pouty about it.
    This is when I really started loving Rupert. Burton gets one fish for 8 people, stops fishing and pats himself on the back. I don't feel Burton had to fish for everyone, but don't look sulky at Rupert because he did.

I totally lost any like for Shawn and Burton when they cracked open the coconut, shared only with Michelle when Christa was also standing there looking like she would strip for a drop. I don't particularly like Christa and the coconut probably didn't have that much milk, but it was just s***y not to offer to share when other people are thirsty too and they're standing right there.
    Last edited by TootAll; 09-19-2003 at 02:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread