+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible twist

Possible twist

As you may or may not know, Survivor started in Sweden and then spred to Denmark (where I'm from) and Norway, before it made the leap across the pond and got so popular over here. The twist that I think will be next in the American version is the lone contestant that lives on his/her own until the merge. In the third Danish Survivor, that person actually ended up winning the whole thing. I know that Sweden has had put two contestants aside and thrown them in the mix later. No to be outdone, the fouth Danish survivor threw in 3 new contestants at the time of the merge. Also, both in the Danish and Swedish survivor, there has been a vote on which previously evicted contestants should join the merged tribe.

All in all, I think this type of twist will happen at some point in the US version of survivor.

Alone until the merge? Eek.

Did someone volunteer or was that person just picked? Did the others know there was someone living alone?

I don't know how the dynamics worked in that one, but I don't see that working here in the states. It seems like alliances are too strong to let an outsider last
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Alone until the merge? Eek.

Did someone volunteer or was that person just picked? Did the others know there was someone living alone?

I don't know how the dynamics worked in that one, but I don't see that working here in the states. It seems like alliances are too strong to let an outsider last
    The person that was alone was only alone for 3 days, before merge. The others were _very_ surprised when he showed up at camp. He lied and said he'd spent more time alone (10 days, the other participants had been there 20 days before merge) I don't think he volunteered. I think an outsider has a chance, because the might be bigger targets that you need to get rid of first. If the outsider is a fast talker and promises support to weakest alliance, it might help him survive the first tribal council. Then, when the strong alliance become weaker, he can flip flop back and forth. It's tough to pull it off, but it can be done.

That's quite a twist!

Were there 16 Survivors in addition to the contestants who lived on their own till the merge? Or was it 16 including the outsiders?

It seems to me that the outsider would have a huge advantage physically if he/she had been stranded for only 3 days while the main group had been roughing it for 20.

to the FORT, astrogirl!

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    That's quite a twist!

Were there 16 Survivors in addition to the contestants who lived on their own till the merge? Or was it 16 including the outsiders?

It seems to me that the outsider would have a huge advantage physically if he/she had been stranded for only 3 days while the main group had been roughing it for 20.

to the FORT, astrogirl!
    There we 13 contestants total, 12 in the tribes, one outsider. I don't know if "Dan the man" (as the outsider became known) had a physical advantage, he laid pretty low. He did come into the game with immunity in the first tribal council.

And thanks for the welcome

btw there are some pictures of "Dan the Man" here:

http://home13.inet.tele.dk/robinson/billeder.htm

He is truely a survivor legend, the first person to be thrown in at merger and win the whole thing. It's going to be tough for anyone to follow.

+ Reply to Thread