+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AP interview with Jeff Probst

AP interview with Jeff Probst

Saw this today:

Some 'Survivor' Players Seek Another Shot

Tuesday, September 16, 2003 1:20 p.m. ET

E-mail or Print this story
    - - - - -

NEW YORK (AP) -- Being a "Survivor" once doesn't mean a little lobbying is beneath you.

Host Jeff Probst says he's been getting tapes from past contestants on the CBS reality show who hope to compete again. Casting for the alumni edition of "Survivor" is happening soon and the series will air early next year.

Some of the game's indelible personalities may be in for a surprise, Probst said.

"The notion of 'just because you won entitles you to a shot' is, from my point of view, baloney," he said.

Meanwhile, the seventh edition of the show, from Pearl Islands, debuts at 8 p.m. EDT Thursday. It features the biggest whopper of a lie told by a "Survivor" contestant and a near drowning.

When a contestant started struggling during a water-based challenge, Probst was on shore telling antsy rescuers to wait and see if the person's teammates would come to the rescue.

"I was on the beach saying, 'Hold off, hold off,'" he said.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    Meanwhile, the seventh edition of the show, from Pearl Islands, debuts at 8 p.m. EDT Thursday. It features the biggest whopper of a lie told by a "Survivor" contestant and a near drowning.
    I have heard a reference to this huge lie in another thread as well. It certainly has me wondering what exactly this lie is.

What I am really wondering about, however, is the nature of this lie. Is this huge lie one that a Survivor uses against tribemates in a bid to further him or herself in the game? Or is it one told to the producers themselves in a bid to get into the game in the first place? My gut feeling is that it's the latter, as the former can really just be classified as gamesmanship. There was some speculation in the other thread as to which Survivor told the lie and what it was concerning but, of course, that's all it was.

This is one of those things I almost hope doesn't get spoiled! I'd love for this one to be sprung on me without my knowing, as it has the makings of being a real doozy!
    Last edited by tmcrae; 09-17-2003 at 05:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread