+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane is due here Thursday at 8 pm! Help!

FORT Newbie

Hurricane is due here Thursday at 8 pm! Help!

Hey, I am in the path of Huricane Isabel, she's due to hit central Virginia at 8 pm thursday night... Oh no! That's Survivor time! Well, I could possibly be without power for as much as a few days. (Hurricane Floyd wasn't as strong and most of central virginia didn't have power for 3 days) So I was hoping to plan ahead and find someone who would record it in a digital format that I could download. (I could provide a place for you to upload it to)

If anyone uses personal Video station from snapstream.com or what ever else, I would really appreciate it. I am n ot picky about format, I have most codecs installed. so it can be mpg, windows media, real video, divx, vcd, or whatever. I would just hate to miss the first show of the season. It doesn't have to be super duper quality, I just want to make sure I see the episode.

Maybe I will get lucky and not need it, but I doubt that, I live next to a tree filled park and all the houses and trees are more than 50 years old. I often lose power when the winds start picking up before an actual storm hits.

Thanks in advance.

ACK! I would offer, but 1. I can't digitally record anything and 2. I live in Virginia too! I'm telling you CBS better have a "repeat offering" if Isabell does strike and knock out power. I have a feeling they will.

If I don't lose power (and for some reason I rarely do) CBS better not take up the 90 minutes with digital doplar!

Good luck Rapunzel.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Rapunzel, I had to laugh at your post. Not only because if I weren't so far inland, I might be posting the same thing, but because you seem to have your priorities so firmly in order

Isabel seems to be weakening, so I hope for all your sakes that it does so before Thursday.

Meanwhile, you'd better run to Kroger to stock up on milk, water and bread.

FORT Newbie
    oh yeah, I didn't even think about that, our local stations could bump survivor for storm updates.

If this wasn't the first episode I wouldn't be so concerned since I would be able to see if I could find somewhere the shows get posted.

If worse comes to worse I am sure I could get a VHS tape from someone on a board like this or a tape trading group. -- So if you end up having a tape, hold on to it!

Hug me!
    a little bird told me that they will reair the episode sometime later on that week.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    a little bird told me that they will reair the episode sometime later on that week.
    Yeah...I was part of that massive blackout on August 14, when TAR4 was on, and they rescheduled it for Saturday night.

They may even preempt the show for hurricane coverage, so all of us will have no choice but to miss it.

FORT Newbie
    I have found that the newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.realit y-tv has gotten pretty active, (most of the BB4 and amazing race episodes posted) So I am hoping that I can find the Survivor show there as well, I figured I would mention it here in case anyone is in the same situation I am. If you're not familiar with newsgroups, a premium news service like easynews.com is soooo worth it.

FORT Newbie
    Now i just have to get prepared to my Dan withdrawl, since I'll could easily miss Dan for 2 days. Ok, so this is a reality show site, I won't mope about my obession with a news show as well.

if this morning is any indication, we will have nothing but

Tracking Isabell

with the same info over and over.

I hope everyone stays safe, and that we all get to enjoy the episode somehow, sometime
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Rapunzel, I'm in Isabel's path, too, and all I can think about is "OH NO, MY CABLE!" and how I might miss Survivor. Good luck to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast