+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor 7 Preview: Fort Writers Speak ~ remaining Morgan Members

Survivor 7 Preview: Fort Writers Speak ~ remaining Morgan Members

Here are the remaining tribemembers. Enjoy:

Osten Taylor 27, Single, Equity Trade Manager, Boston, MA

Bill_in_PDX says: Studied resource economics, and currently manages equity trades. His listed hobbies include “boozing with the fellows from UNH”. Now that may seem contradictory, but everyone I know who studied economics (and I know several) have been heavy drinkers. He lists Nicolo Machiavelli as his favorite author. Will he play the game in an Machiavellian way? He’ll need to, but I am guessing he will make the merge at least. He might just say, “buy low and sell high” before it is all over.

Paulie says: Says in his bio that one of Osten’s childhood dreams was to work on Wall Street. It also says one of his favorite hobbies is “boozing with the fellas from UNH.” First of all (and this is totally off subject), the word “UNH” reminds me of the sound Spider-man makes when he gets hit on the head and knocked unconscious. But I also know (from reading Osten’s life story) that it also means University of New Hampshire. So maybe when Spider-man got knocked out, he was just referencing the University of New Hampshire and not saying “UNH!” like I always thought he was. That’s just something to ponder. As far as Osten’s chances in the game, his obviously highly-advanced knowledge of schmoozing will come in exceptionally handy here. He’ll bust out some fella-boozin’ skills right out of the gate and make more friends than there are people in the game. Cameramen, visiting reporters, producers, and camp doctors will all do everything in their power to keep Osten in the game. In fact, when he’s ultimately voted out in Week 4 for being too strong, the producers will carefully edit all the raw footage and weave a surprising new tale about Osten’s come-from-behind victory.

eny says: This guy has the credentials to be a boring early boot. He is however truly charming, as opposed to telling everyone he is charming. Easy going and happy guy, combined with the ability to survive Wall street, leads to a long Survivor life.

Sher says: Osten describes himself as patient and mentally stable. Hmmm. If one must describe himself as mentally stable, does that mean at some point he was LESS than mentally stable? I’m betting that Osten isn’t as patient as he claims. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that he’s a hothead and will quickly tire of Lill’s bossiness. He won’t make it to the merge.

Miss. Filangi says: Osten. Osten. I love saying that name. A down to earth guy that says his father is his hero. I like that his answers show classic tastes rather than flashy, empty answers. However, feeling he has God's blessing to support him on Survivor makes me pray he's not too much like Vee.

Wolf says: Boozing as an outdoor activity. Sounds like he might prefer lying around camp, tanning, and having a good ole time. This won't sit well with the others, and he will also be seen as a physical threat, so he might not make it to the merge.

Shayla says: Osten has a charming smile. He used to work as a waiter and now works for an investment firm. At first glance, I thought this guy would win the hearts of all the women, and so the men would vote him out. Look again: his favorite author is Machiavelli! His favorite drink is Captain Morgan rum! He would say that. These are carefully thought-out responses to the Favorites list. He wanted the producers to peg him as a strategist, an "ends justifies the means" guy. By picking Captain Morgan rum, he wanted them to picture him as a "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum" guy. He sold them. Osten will seem harmless, like everyone's pal. Women will flirt uproariously with him. Then, he'll consciously piss someone off, so that he's not voted off for being too likable. Final Two material.

cali says:At first glance I like this guy. He has an engaging smile, and if he breaks into dance while wearing boxers I will not be surprised in the least. In fact, I look forward to seeing it. I am not to keen on the fact that hobby is boozing with the boys. Tsk Tsk… that’s not a hobby Osten. Stamp collecting with the boys is a hobby. Silly man. I also realize how ignorant I am in the ways of an African American, as never, never in my life have I met one who would even think of listing “Tanning” as a favorite outdoor activity. Live and learn cali, live and learn. His taste for Capt Morgan Rum is Tooooooooo convenient, yet I have to love it. Either one of the first few out, or he makes it to the final 4.

Ryan Opray 31, Single Electrician, Los Gatos, CA

Bill_in_PDX says: Just to torture Fluff in her recaps this year, the producers decided to put both Ryan’s in the same tribe. This Ryan is an apprentice electrician who enjoys motocross and weight lifting. He enjoys the same video game that Andrew does, and he isn’t afraid to say he reads Playboy… or is that looks at it? He comes across as the kind of guy who will be able to fly under the radar well into the merge. Mostly likely to say “no, I am the other Ryan…” before it is all over.

Paulie says: Adaptability is the name of the game in Survivor, and Ryan O. has it in excess. His list of jobs sounds like it was generated at random by a broken career counseling computer application: “traffic signal technician, motorcycle suspension mechanic and warehouse stockperson.” The bio doesn’t say how well he performed at each job, but it doesn’t really matter. It’s the fact he’s had all these jobs that makes you think he’ll win the game. Just think about how proficient he’s become at double-talking his way out of trouble. Years and years of practice beguiling a long list of bosses with his increasingly skilled BS. Now translate that great skill to his interactions with the other Survivors. They’re going to believe everything he says. He’ll become “the honorable one” in the eyes of the other Survivors and will get dragged along with everyone else because there will appear to be too many other fish to fry. They won’t have time to go after him. To everyone’s surprise, however, he’ll end up in one of the final two seats. When he then shows off his deep knowledge of the game and reveals that he’s been strategizing like crazy from the get-go, Mr. Honorable will defeat the slimy scuzzball who brought him along to use as their foil.

eny says: dimples , muscles and a hard worker. This groups eye candy for the ladies. He says he knows how to keep his mouth shut. Be careful to not fly too far UTR. I hope he sticks around , for my viewing pleasure anyway.

Sher says: Ryan O. sounds flaky and indecisive in his bio. He’s had every job and seems to have no direction. Though he claims to be a valuable asset because he has the ability to build things, I’m guessing that he could build things if he could ever decide where to start…which he won’t. Ryan will be voted out early on.

Miss. Filangi says: He's cute. Perfect age. Has a cat named Stanley, (we have a cat named Stanley in my family...) He loses me at Jennifer Love Hewitt. Anyone who considers her an actress ALONE should be shot, let alone someone that lists her as his favourite. Deserves to be booted first for that alone.

Wolf Says: Well, he seems to adapt to his environments pretty quickly. Plus he has a 20 year old cat. That has to count for something. He'll make it past the merge.

Shayla says: Will Ryan O. be another shelter-builder know-it-all? He possesses mechanical and technical skills. He describes himself as aggressive. But he also thinks he's funny. People who say they're funny are not always funny. They're just wannabe funny. That can be cute, too, if he laughs at his own jokes. I don't think his responses are particularly clever (he even left some of the "favorites" blank), so perhaps he's just wannabe funny, wannabe clever, and wannabe aggressive. I think this guy will be classically nice, but we'll forget he exists. His favorite foods are sugary and caffeinated. This guy will crash early and get cranky and then pretend to be warm to his teammates. His votes will be incomprehensible, and he'll last to the merge due to his Wild Card status. Then he'll cast a jury vote for someone who hates him, as when Christy cast a vote for Jenna in S6.

cali says: I can’t believe he left a 20 year old cat at home! Wow. Luckily he and Darrah can discuss, in-depth, the complexities that are Dumb and Dumber. I have a feeling we are looking at an early boot. He describes himself as funny, and more often than not, when someone has to tell you they’re funny, they’re not.

Ryan Shoulders 23 Single Produce Clerk, Clarksville, TN

Bill_in_PDX says: How do I say this politely? Hmm… well, he looks like a serial killer to me. Okay, so that is a bit harsh… maybe Unibomber before the beard? Yeah, that is it. He lists a HTML code as his favorite color, and reads Nintendo Power magazine, indicating that he is not going to be relying on his people skills to win. I think he may be gone early, but before he goes, he might just share with a clueless Lillian that “my favorite actress is Jenna Jamison, she does… action films…”

Paulie says: The wandering minstrel, Ryan S., loves writing his own songs and recording them. He’ll lead the group in a zany little roundelay he wrote for the occasion. The funny and very sneaky part of this plan is that he’ll add a verse to the song each time somebody new gets booted. The addiction for the next verse will be too great for others to resist. They’ll flock to Ryan in waves, begging him to reveal the next verse of this highly complicated song. Recognizing his ticket to the end of the game, Ryan will pretend that he can’t think of a new verse, which will cause the others to teeter dangerously on the edge of insanity. They’ll go berserk waiting for their new song, and they’ll take it out on each other. Finally, Ryan will let everyone off the hook and unveil the latest verse, which will cause everyone else to cheer lustily until their throats are hoarse. This process will repeat every three days. Meanwhile, the haunting and simple little melody will be stuck in everyone’s heads all day every day. People will beg others to vote them out of the game just so they can find a radio and listen to a different song every once in a while. At the final Tribal Council, Ryan will sing the entire song, and the jury – knowing that Jeff will now have the song stuck in his head forever - will reward Ryan by giving him the victory.

eny says: Could this’un scream – live in your parents basement for the rest of your life more loudly? Good thing there are no luxury items this time around, because if anyone else had to listen to ‘his music’, there just might be another survivor first. Instead of voting him out first , they just might kill him .

Sher says: Ryan S. is going to be annoying. His luxury item will probably be an electric guitar. From his bio, I deduce that he is a lazy couch potato. He looks like he barely has any meat on his bones, so maybe they can use his skinny body to spear fish or something; however, if that doesn’t work out, I’m guessing Ryan S will be first one voted out for lack of contribution to the tribe.

Miss. Filangi says: My first reaction was that he looked like a goof. But then I thought that was shallow so I read some more. Capture the Flag? Then I definitely thought he was a goof/nerd hybrid. Jenna Jameson is his favourite actress? Charming. Very few people can pull off goof well and Rob Cesterino from the last Survivor was about the only one I can think of. I do give the guy points for liking Ed Norton and Kevin Spacey, but I think he'll be too annoying to last for any significant length of time.

Shayla says: Ryan S. is a genuinely funny guy. He lists his favorite color as "#DDDDFF." How geeky! I think he'll have the spark of Rob from Survivor 6, but won't splatter his game with countless pretend alliances. And he flies kites! That's an often underrated but spectacular hobby. I fear he'll be more of an observer during clincher moments and will be too misunderstood to remain in the game for long.

cali says: If the rumors we’ve hard are to be believed, I have to laugh. Ryan looks like such a lovable geek. Then you find out that he lists his favorite color as #DDDDFF. Man! Gotta love that. Ryan looks so, SO thin already, that I worry. I can’t see him keeping his strength up long enough to make it far. Sorry Ryan, but you’re out either right before or immediately after the merge. Surprise me.

Tijuana Bradley 27, Single, Pharmaceutical Sales, St. Louis, MO

Bill_in_PDX says: I sincerely hope she was not named after the town just over the border from San Diego. Her occupation? She sells drugs. Okay, so they are legal ones, but still… Otherwise she looks to be a strong player. Interestingly she is the third member of this tribe who plays the Grand Theft Auto video game. I don’t think that has anything to do with game play, but will Andrew, Ryan O, and her form the GTA alliance? She should go far in the game. Likely to say, “come on guys, I am perky as hell, lets win this challenge damn it!”

Paulie says: Hm, yet another Communications major. I’m beginning to pick up on a possible alliance being formed along undergraduate degree lines. All the Communications majors are going to team up and go after the rest of the tribe. The others won’t know it until it’s too late. Tijuana, the ringleader of the Communications alliance, will be instrumental in misdirecting the other members of the tribe with her vivacious personality. Her minions within the alliance, meanwhile, will stand back and let her run the show, figuring that a loud leader will always have a bigger target on her back than her followers. What they won’t realize, though, is that Tijuana will have also forged a counter-alliance with fellow beauty pageant contestants, as well as one with those Survivors who like to play basketball and a final insurance alliance with people whose parents are their heroes. Playing each faction against the other, Tijuana will skillfully dodge all the inter-alliance bullets and emerge unscathed in the final two. Once there, she’ll casually remind everyone she was a college cheerleader and suggest that there might still be pictures handy if people are curious. Four curious males will then cast their votes for Tijuana to win.

eny says: Ok she gets the coolest name award for this bunch. Broadcast major and a stunt cheerleader. Can you say "I came on survivor for some face time?" I’d call her a media whore, but she does seem too timid for that label. No clue where this one will end up . Could be an early boot, or slip by un-noticed till the end. Time will tell.

Sher says: Tijuana will make it to the final 4. Yeah, that’s my prediction and I’m sticking to it.

Miss. Filangi says: It's eerie how much I have in common with her on paper. She seems down to earth enough to adapt to others around her to go the distance. Will make it to merge.

Wolf says: Her perkiness could either be annoying or liven the group up. She's athletic and motivated, so I think she'll go far in the game.

Shayla says: Tijuana seems friendly and talkative. She'll offer many conversational bridges during those long and empty nights. But, she'll very overtly want to be everyone's friend, which can get old. She's a thrill-seeker and attention-seeker and will turn inward after seeking attention from someone who doesn't give it. Her ensuing feelings of rejection will cause her to act out, in the form of minor bickerings with Ryan O and Christa or the "silent treatment" during fishing excursions. Sadly, since fishing is a quiet sport, no one will know that she gave them the silent treatment. She will go on solitary wood-collecting walks, and finally her teammates will make her walk the plank. She'll be the 5th or 6th booted.

cali says: Love her name. I don’t have a clue what “Stunt-Cheerleading” is, but I have a feeling it’s not as exciting as one might imagine. She has the potential to go far, as she seems athletic, and she has a smile that might win her some affection. I can’t find ANY fault with her choice for actors, and other than the one slip up of liking Julia Roberts, she seems to share a taste in actresses with me as well. Will this help? No, but I see her going strong all the way.

I would like to thank all the people who contributed to this article. I had a blast reading it, and I was so happy to be the one to put it together. I felt privileged to read them before anyone else! Great job everyone. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I have to say that I think it is SO funny that I call Ryan S a lovable (looking) Geek, and Bill says he's reminiscent of a serial killer
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Great job everyone!

Ryan Shoulders 23 Single Produce Clerk,

Bill_in_PDX says: How do I say this politely? Hmm… well, he looks like a serial killer to me. Okay, so that is a bit harsh… maybe Unibomber before the beard?
    OMG! This had me . He does look a bit creepy in that picture.

Excellent job, everyone.

I think he may be gone early, but before he goes, he might just share with a clueless Lillian that “my favorite actress is Jenna Jameson, she does… action films…”
    ROFL!

Premium Member
    Miss. Filangi says: Osten. Osten. I love saying that name. A down to earth guy that says his father is his hero. I like that his answers show classic tastes rather than flashy, empty answers. However, feeling he has God's blessing to support him on Survivor makes me pray he's not too much like Vee.

As slick of a player as Vee was, I hope he is not like Vee. Good job Miss Filangi!!

FORT Fogey
    Geez.. you all crack me up with your hilarious and witty remarks Very nice everyone and I can't wait until

Paulie - love your predictions about Ryan S.'s song with a weekly addition...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss F
    It's eerie how much I have in common with her on paper
    You were a stunt cheerleader ? Cool

Great Job guys , they all crack me up
    Last edited by eny; 09-16-2003 at 01:24 PM.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Osten Taylor 27, Single, Equity Trade Manager, Boston, MA

This may come as a shock, but like Lillian and Sandra, I think Osten stands a chance of being the first one voted off. I still can't shake the vibe that he's going to act just like Clarence from S3, and if that happens, he's as good as gone.

Ryan Opray 31, Single Electrician, Los Gatos, CA

Geez...is it just me, or are Ryan O. and Osten going to be like Ryan and Daniel from last year. I can't shake the vibe that Ryan O. and Osten are gonna be slackers! Maybe they'll surprise me, but I just don't know.

Ryan Shoulders 23 Single Produce Clerk, Clarksville, TN

I think Ryan S. is going to turn out like Rob from S6. I really think that even though he may look a bit nerdish, it may be just a cover. I think there's more to Ryan S, than we know. I know he's not going to win Survivor 7, but I have a feeling that he could actually make the jury. We'll see, I guess.

Tijuana Bradley 27, Single, Pharmaceutical Sales, St. Louis, MO

At first, I wasn't sure about her, but you know...she's my pick to win the whole thing. She's tough, she seems like the type to win immunity challenges, and she's got an awesome name to boot.

These are great guys! It'll be fun to look back at them at the end of the season and see who was right and wrong with their predictions. I'm going to take a guess and say that Paulie correctly picked the winner of the whole thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast