+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 9 "Desperate Measures"

Ultra Concealed Lurker Invisigoth's Avatar
    I am guessing she had laryngitis from reciting too many recipes.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Did Jan sit out last week? If so, then maybe that's why Helen was this week's choice - though I would have sat out Clay before Helen.

I agree with the folks that mentioned how lame it is for a Survivor to say "So-and-so doesn't need the money as badly as I do." That's just weak. I'll bet nobody that says that is a Republican.

Oh, and Invisigoth - Lyle Lovett is the best! I never thought that until my wife took me to see him live - now we see him just about every time he comes to Denver.

Wayner - Lyle does put on quite the show. Saw him in Sante Fe several times. LOVE that large band.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yep, the large band rocks! Sorry for going off topic, folks. Um... I bet Brian hates Lyle!

No one had to sit out the challenge last week as the teams were even.

I think they might have had decided before the challenge started who was going to sit it out and just didn't change their minds.
    The poem called for someone who is able to deal with stress and I don't think that's Helen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Helen's recipes themselves were't all that bad. But the fact that she was annoying everyone around her & oblivious to it...you just have to be a little more perceptive in this game. Being able to read people is a huge advantage on Survivor. Much like Brian, you should change yourself to fit the situation or the indiviual. "Being yourself" is great in reality, but not on a reality show.

labtech
    I think Helen is definitely on the verge of loosing it. I don't know who is worse Helen or Jan. Helen reciting recipes or Jan, burying chick heads.

Helen sounded like Bubba Blue from Forest Gump - talking about all the ways to cook shrimp.

Originally posted by Invisigoth
    Helen sounded like Bubba Blue from Forest Gump - talking about all the ways to cook shrimp.

I'm with Jodaar, Invisi - that was a perfect comparison! :rolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast