+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top 12 Goofus Moments In Survivor History

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar

Top 12 Goofus Moments In Survivor History

Yep...throughout the six seasons of Survivor, we have seen many Goofus moments...and Survivor: Pearl Islands is no exception. I'm going to post my list of the top 12 Goofus Moments of all the seasons. Some involve individuals...some involve tribes...and some involve the way the game is played. If you have any other Goofus moments, please post them!

Enjoy!

TAGI vs. PA-GONE

You know, it was pretty sweet for both tribes going into the merge. There were 5 Tagi (Kelly, Richard, Rudy, Sean and Susan) and 5 Pagong (Colleen, Gervase, Greg, Gretchen and Jenna). Both tribes had a chance to stay alive. But, then the Tagi members eliminated Gretchen...then Greg...then Jenna...and the trend continued until the final 5 were Tagi members. What happened? The Pagong tribe failed to do one of the most critical things, even though it was season one...form an alliance!!! If they had, one of them might have won. But, they didn't...so the Pagong tribe gets a Goofus award.

CAN KELLY GET SOME WATER?

The final tribal council went pretty well...to a point. The seven members of the jury had to choose between Kelly and Richard, and they asked questions to try and help them make a decision...and for the most part, it was quite calm. Then came Susan's speech...you know, the one where she told Kelly that if she were lying in the desert, dying of thirst, she wouldn't give her a drink of water? That my friends, is the worst form of poor sportsmanship you can get, and it's because of that fact that I give Susan the Goofus Award.

IS THAT BEEF JERKY, OR ARE YOU HAPPY TO SEE ME?

Everyone knows the big scandal of Survivor 2...we saw a similar one in Survivor 6 with a candy bar, but the first of these scandals involved Kel...Jerri...and a stick of beef jerky, which Jerri accused Kel of smuggling in. Worse, she tried to convince the members of Ogakor that Kel was cheating. Of course, the tribe said that they didn't buy it...even Maralyn suggested that they apologize to Kel. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to save Kel, as he was voted off the island. So, who do I give the Goofus to? Jerri of course!

HELLO, TINA...GOODBYE, MILLION...

Yep...I have to give Colby the Goofus...for blowing a sure thing. Let's recap...he was competing in the final three with generally sweet Tina and evil Keith, who couldn't even boil rice properly. Now, if Colby was smart, he should've taken Keith with him to the finals, since he would have most likely gotten more votes...in particular with Jerri, Amber, Rodger and Elisabeth...instead, he blew his chance at the million by taking Tina, who the jury (except Jerri) loved.

CLARENCE SPILLS THE BEANS

Clarence gets this Goofus award by being greedy, and eating those damn beans. He tried to explain to the Boran tribe that he only did it to nourish a sick Diane, but come on...the whole can was empty! You don't really expect the tribe to believe that Diane ate the beans all by herself. Clarence tried to redeem himself, but the tribe just didn't trust him (Tom in particular), and he was gone by the merge.

LIKE...GENERATION GAPS...UM...LIKE...SUCK...YEAH ...

This is the first award the producers of Survivor get, though I'm also giving an award to the entire Samburu tribe...for not making an effort to get along. From day one, it was clear that the tribe was split down the middle. The older people (Frank, Teresa, Carl, Linda) seemed to be one tribe, and the younger ones (Kim P, Brandon, Lindsay, Silas) were another. And, it became clear that in challenges, Boran would win every time because they actually adapted and got along, while Samburu fought amongst themselves! It got to the point where they traded people within tribes to help the tribes thrive (a similar instance happened in Marquesas as well). Clearly a mismatch there, but then again, none of the tribe members, with the exception of Teresa really made an effort to get along either.

RO-TOO MUCH INFORMATION

The Rotu alliance of John, Zoe, Robert and Tammy were in a great position...they were in a strong alliance, and they were competing against physically weak and mentally weak players like Neleh, Paschal, Sean, Kathy and Vecepia. And, in one particular reward or immunity challenge, they flexed their power by eliminating the latter five members one by one. They were proud of their power, and they loved it...but clever little Neleh was wise to their plan...quickly figuring out that the order of eliminated people would be the order people left the island if they had any say. Neleh told Paschal, who told Kathy, etc. As a result, John, Tammy, Zoe and Robert were the next to go. Basically, that section of the Rotu tribe got Goofuses for...well...talking too much and underestimating Neleh.

THE PURPLE STONE OF DEATH

This is a personal Goofus for me, because if it weren't for the stupid rock, my favourite Survivor of the Marquesas season would have stayed in. The votes were deadlocked, so Jeff brings out a bag of rocks...3 yellow...one purple. If the person got the purple rock...they were out. Needless to say, Neleh, Kathy and Vecepia got the yellow ones...but poor Paschal...who really was in no danger to leave the island...got the purple rock, so he ended up leaving. I thought it was pretty cold. I know it was to be fair, but I felt like the wrong person left that time. So a Goofus to the idiot who came up with the purple rock thing.

GHANDIA: MAKING A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLE-HILL

I admit...when the Thailand season started, I liked Ghandia. I thought she was bold, brassy...I even felt sorry for her when she couldn't get that puzzle done. But, when she got a little close to Ted and lied to Helen and Jan about him sexually abusing her, she went to the top of my hate list. If she really meant the apology she gave to Ted, I might have more respect for her, but the fact that she was practically playing the rape card after the apology is disgusting. She is the epitome of the Goofus award.

WHADDAYA YOU MEAN THERE'S NO MERGE???

Shii Ann hated her tribe. Probably with good reason too...they excluded her. And, when it came time for the tribes to live on one beach, nobody was more excited than Shii Ann, who verbally bashed her tribe to the Chuay Ghan tribe, hoping that they'd feel sorry for her and take her under their wing so they could pick off the Sook Jai members one by one. After all, they had merged, so it was fair game, right? Well, Shii Ann's plan could have worked...except for the fact that the merge hadn't happened yet!! Right away, Shii Ann regretted her words (at least at that moment), and nobody was surprised when she was the next to go. I guess even though I like Shii Ann, I have to give her a Goofus award for assuming something that wasn't true.

FALLING ON DEAF EARS

Joanna was what you can call a religious fanatic. She also possessed a massive attitude, and that's what earned her a Goofus award. She always had a holier-than-thou attitude...in fact, there were some days in which I thought she thought she was God! But what really turned her off was her attitude towards Christy. Christy, as we know was hearing-impaired, and she didn't fit in with her tribe members except for Jeanne and Janet. And, when Christy asked Jeanne something and Jeanne replied to her, Christy said that was stupid. Fair enough, right? Not to Joanna, who insisted that Christy was talking about her behind her back, and even thrust her hand in Christy's face. Nice way to handle a conversation with a deaf woman, huh? And, when Christy was pissed off at Joanna so much that she didn't feel like working (who could blame her, really?), Joanna had the nerve to say that CHRISTY'S attitude stinks. Um...pot, this is kettle.

WHAT WAS MATTHEW ON AT TRIBAL COUNCIL?

It was the final tribal council, and I thought it was gonna be a close vote. Regardless of what people say about Jenna and Matthew, I thought it was gonna be close...like a 4-3 vote. Instead, Butch was the only one to vote for Matthew...as Jenna got the remaining six. So what happened? Simple...Matthew acted like a moron during tribal council...like the Colin Powell answer for example. Alex looked really confused when he said that, and frankly, so was I. In fact, a lot of what Matthew said didn't make a whole lot of sense. At least Jenna managed to come up with intelligent answers, and I think that's what gave Jenna the edge. Because in the game of Survivor...what you say can have an impact...even at the final Tribal Council.

Great job! It was fun recalling all those memories. I'd say Neleh screwing over the Rotu 4 was awesome.

Although I absolutely like Christy... but her arrogance in the end cost her to be voted off... thats one

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Great job! It was fun recalling all those memories. I'd say Neleh screwing over the Rotu 4 was awesome.
    Thanks, Miss Filangi!

I hope there's lots of Goofus moments this season to recall!

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    Although I absolutely like Christy... but her arrogance in the end cost her to be voted off... thats one
    Yeah...Christy seemed a little overconfident at the end. But, hey...I still loved her!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Oooh, I like this game. Here's my own, all from S6.

SEE WHAT A LITTLE TESTOSTERONE DOES?

Immediately after Jaburu lost a RC for a refrigerator full of Coke, Shawna fell into a sudden funk, spending the next few days doing nothing. (Then again, that wasn't new.) So what happened? Well, the switch happened and guess who ended up in the same tribe as Shawna? Alex, who else. Shawna's sudden recovery - and following boot - gives her a Goofus.

FIRST THINGS FIRST

Quick - you're stuck in the Amazon, with no shelter, limited food, and a couple of strangers. So what did Jenna do soon after being marooned? Boil her underwear, of course. Clean underwear can never be too important.

PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE, ANYONE?

In every Survivor, there's an IC which involves staying put in one position for a very long time, with the last person standing receiving immunity. Of course, Jiffy tempts the remaining contestants with food to make them fall down. Any long-time viewer knows that the food gets better and better as time goes on. So when Jiffy made the first offer of food - peanut butter and chocolate - the logical step would have been to wait, right? Not according to Jenna and Heidi. Not only did they jump down right away, they did so naked.

You'll never look at peanut butter the same way again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE, ANYONE?

In every Survivor, there's an IC which involves staying put in one position for a very long time, with the last person standing receiving immunity. Of course, Jiffy tempts the remaining contestants with food to make them fall down. Any long-time viewer knows that the food gets better and better as time goes on. So when Jiffy made the first offer of food - peanut butter and chocolate - the logical step would have been to wait, right? Not according to Jenna and Heidi. Not only did they jump down right away, they did so naked.

You'll never look at peanut butter the same way again.
    Yeah, but Chiara and Lisa from BB3 topped Heidi and Jenna with the PB thing.

I completely forgot about that moment for some reason...and since Heidi almost lost her job for doing that, I'd say it was a major Goofus!

Nice job Jughead Jones . This seasons group looks entertaining and seems sure to add a few more "Goofus Moments".
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Nice job Jughead Jones . This seasons group looks entertaining and seems sure to add a few more "Goofus Moments".
    Thanks, brusch! I'm looking at Rupert and Christa to give several Goofus moments this season!

great stuff double J - one of my favorite moments ever is Rob getting stung by the Jellyfish

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast