+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magilla Monkey Shines Theory

LG.

Magilla Monkey Shines Theory

Being kind to the tribe's mascot monkey = good karma on S5.

Ok, so I don't have any episodes of S5 on tape so I can't check any of this, but has anyone else noticed that the introduction of Magilla has been a protective force over the Chewy Gang? As I recall, we had not yet seen prominent footage of Magilla (or any featured monkey) at the camp during the early episodes when Pastor John and Puking Tanya got the boot. Then Magilla showed up, hung out while Brian strummed his guitar and people sang, started snatching food and got a nickname. The only Chewy boot since the introduction of Magilla as a character has been the tribe-clensing boot of Ghandia, a divisive force in the tribe. I'd argue that giving Ghandia (and all of her immunity challenge blowing skills) the boot was good for the Chewys, and it cemented the bond between the Chewy men (and gender bending Helen, who voted with the guys to boot Ghandia). Ever since Magilla has "joined the cast" of S5, things have been going well for the Chewys, guardians of Magilla, and that carried forward last week when both tribes moved to Magilla's turf.

So, the predictions, Magilla takes a bigger role tonight (as seen in the ads, she's been in the food and some people get ticked). If my Monkey Shines theory holds true, the survivors will be divided as to how to react to Magilla's food theft. Maybe the Chewy folk are more attached to her as they've been around her longer and act to protect her from the angry Sooks (maybe Ken or Jake) who try to drive her out of camp to protect the food, which may be a bad omen for them as Magilla is a lucky monkey.

Just a theory, for your discussion.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

A great theory! But isn't it Helen who gets all ticked at Magilla? If so, maybe Helen goes tonight (11-7)
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Hmmmm, you could be on to something.

The waterfall was the source of power in S4 with whoever held sway seen frollicking in the it each week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thats a good theory LG and I hadn't thought about the emergence of Magilla and the protective role she may play in the tribe. thats a cool perspective.

But I gotta tell ya....that mini-ape is stealing their food, food which I assume they don't have an enormous stockpile of...so if anything..they are thinking Magilla-Burgers!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

LG.
    Could be that Helen "crosses the monkey" and gets the boot Cali, that would totaly fit this lame theory. I was just thinking about this while not sleeping last night, couldn't wait to get here to kick it around with you guys. Any excuse to use the emoticon!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

And of course go so well with

LG.
    Originally posted by Perc
    But I gotta tell ya....that mini-ape is stealing their food, food which I assume they don't have an enormous stockpile of...so if anything..they are thinking Magilla-Burgers!
    Exactly, Perc, I think someone may suggest a Magilla-Burger, but other survivors will oppose the idea of eating their "pet" and cause a riff in the group, and this theory is that the survivors who protect Magilla will be proteted by her lucky Monkey Shines. Their chances of actually catching a monkey in its natural environment, nill if any, but then again there is Supkin's pig, which had rather bad karma for Mike. Just a theory, and I'm not a vegetarian myself, so I'd definitely have eaten Supkin's pig and who knows what else if starving, but some people may be protective of Magilla because she's a companion, they've given her a name, etc. Just like the "mascot" pets they like to put on Big Brother, turn into the most popular characters on the whole show.

thats true LG and i agree with ya they have no shot of catching her......but the chase would make great TV!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Especially if she had the antidote to a poison

"crosses the monkey"
    Love the theory, LG! And I want this phrase to become part of our daily lexicon. "Don't cross the monkey!" could mean, "Don't do anything to incur bad karma."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast