+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who "Played" the best and worst??

Premium Member

Who "Played" the best and worst??

As we gear up for the next edition of Survivor, I have been trying to figure out, from the Bio's, profile and audition tapes, who looks like they may play the game the best or the worst. This got me to thinking, who has "Played" the best and the worst in the past show's. Below is my choices..

BEST
    1) Richard Hatch: As much as folks may like to dislike him, he invented the game, all subsequent winners have utilized one, or all of his tactics.
    2) Vecepia Towery: Some may think this is a stretch, but, she did win. She found a way to stay far under the radar for a long time. She then pulled the plug on Kathy in the final 3 with Neleh. We may not like her tactics, but, it worked.
    3)Brian: He truely was the puppeteer in this game. From day one, he called the shots, stood in the front, he must of studied at the Richard Hatch school of Survivor.
    Honorable Mention: Paschal: Played great, never compromised his dignity and class.

Worst
    1) Diane (S3): Never even gave it a shot. Sad.
    2) Daniel (S6): Had all the tools, a strong tribe, his best friend was the entire game runner up, yet still found the way to get booted in a short time.
    3) Clarence (s3); The whole bean thing, ya gotta be kidding me. In a game where you don't want to attract negative attention, still don't get that one.

Any thoughts?

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Best:

Tina Wesson: Man, she was good. Even when it looked like she would be voted out for sure, Colby kept her. She was a great player. She got Kimmi to tell her Jeff had a vote, so that really helped her win.
    Teresa Cooper: Even though she didn't win, she was a phenomenal player. When it looked like her days were numbered on Samburu, she was "saved" by the twist. Which really didn't help her, because she was in the minority right away. But she made the merge. Then she cast that vote for Lex, and she didn't tell him it was her, which was super smart. It made him cast suspicion on one of his own alliance members, and get her voted out. This put her in the minority yet again. But she tried using every angle to stay in the game, she approached Kim J. for an alliance, when she said no she tried getting on Lex's side. She did all she could, and ended up getting 5th place. Farther than any other Samburu. And a few Borans, too.
    Brian Heidik: Okay, this guy showed no emotions toward anyone, but he had that perfected. He made everyone like him, without him having any emotional attachment for anyone. Nobody believed Sook Jai when they said he was lying to them, because they all thought he was an honest player, and trustworthy. His tribe handed him the win.

Worst:

Ethan Zohn: All he did was ride the Boran Tribe's coattails. :rolleyes He did no scheming, he had Lex do the dirty work. He was terrible in challenges, and he was boring to boot.
    Peter Harkey: Peter alienated himself from his tribe from the get go. With his wierd conversations, and bold voting strategy (based on who looked the weakest, as opposed to who really was). Although he started fire for the tribe, it didn't make up for his odd personality.
    Lindsey Richter: She played solely on emotions. She got rid of the old people with no thought as to what they could contribute to the tribe. She cried constantly and trash talked anyone she didn't like. She complained, and she was weak. 11th place was way more than what she deserved.

Honorable mention for worst: Joanna Ward.

Premium Member
    scoobero...
    You topped me with Peter, he Played this game so forgettably, I forgot him!! I must debate you on Kathy though, don't get me wrong, I think she was a tremendous player, she helped with the power swap, she was able to survive when she was on the mini tribe. Her serious mis-calculation was not understanding how calculating Vecepia and Neleh were. This cost her the game. Had she gone into the final 2 with Neleh or Vecepia, she would have won 6-1 in both scenarios. She never realized that. It is a shame. it would have been nice to see her win.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Kathy was good, but she wasn't on my list. I picked Tina, Teresa, and Brian.

Premium Member
    Sorry Scoob,
    Got confused, my better-half and I have been discussing how good a player Kathy was.. I liked Tina, thought she was a great player, Teresa was slick, Trish reminds me of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    scoobero...
    You topped me with Peter, he Played this game so forgettably, I forgot him!!

I had to think for a minute to remember Peter. Such a memorable character, he was.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    I think one of the best players was Neleh! I love her

((I saw her this weekend at a resturant! Was pretty crazy))

Best And Worst

Colby: He Knew Keeping Tina Meant She Would Win..........but He Took Her Anyway............he's A Mama's Boy From Texas........gotta Love Him. This In A Way Makes Him The Best (person) And The Worst (player)

Quote Originally Posted by scooberoo
    Worst:

Ethan Zohn: All he did was ride the Boran Tribe's coattails. :rolleyes He did no scheming, he had Lex do the dirty work. He was terrible in challenges, and he was boring to boot.
    I do feel as though I have to stand up for my beloved Ethan here a bit.

He did win a reward and an immunity challenge, others get to the latter stages having done far less.
    He also led the Boran decision making when they chose to throw immunity in order to boot out Silas.

His master stroke was to be such a nice guy that Kim J would prefer to have him win the $1m than Lex.
    She didn't think she could win against either, so said she made her decision who to take to the final based on who she wanted to win most.

There are all kinds of ways to play this game.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Brian played the best game yet. He was masterful, and in total control of those on the island. I thought it was soooooo funny how Kathy's husband told her exactly what was going on, but she didn't want to believe.

I give Rich Hatch credit for a great game as well, for obvious reasons.

The worst is hard to say. There are many who got sick right away, so you don't know what might have happened.

Stephanie's alienate yourself from the tribe from day one approach seemed pretty silly. Shawna's complete "temporary" collapse was lousy game play too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast