+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who "Played" the best and worst??

In terms of "best" strategy, I would have to say Brian and Rich.

However, the Survivors that entertained me most with the way they played the game were Greg (S1) and Lex (S3.) They had that "Is he a psycho or does he just play one on TV?" quality that I enjoy. I like the contestants that make me laugh.

Worst, in my opinion would be BB (S1) way too crabby and bossy from the start.
    Last edited by thatoconnorgirl; 09-09-2003 at 03:59 PM.

I'm going with Richard and Brian also for best players of the game, overall.

For worst, I'll have to make it a tie between Ryan from S6 and Greg from S1. Kompletely Klueless.

FORT Fan
    Well, I haven't yet decided who played the game worst. But as far as one of the best players goes, I don't think you need to look any further than Kelly Wigglesworth (S1).

As part of the vaunted Tagi alliance, she was instrumental in furthering her position in the game, as one by one the Pagong members remaining were ousted. An argument over alliance loyalties with Sue, though, called into question Kelly's character. Realizing her precarious position within the tribe, she wrested control of the game away from Richard Hatch.

It began when she won the IC in Episode 11 resulting in Colleen being voted out of the tribe. She went on to win both the RC (which included much needed food to assist in stamina and strength) and IC in Episode 12. Sean was the next to go. Kelly then went on win both of the last two IC's on Episode 13 which cemented her place in the Final 2. In total, Kelly won 5 of the last 6 challenges, 4 of which were for immunity.

She would have been gone a lot sooner had she not performed so well down the stretch.

FORT Newbie

What about Rob?

I'm surprised no one mentioned Rob from S6! He certainly played the best in that season. I loved the way he used his humor/dorkiness to make himself seem less threatening (and the way he had Matt chasing his own tail all the time.)

My favorite manipulation by him was when the "pretty group" was talking about Deenna trying to get Alex voted out and Rob said "wouldn't it be funny if we voted her out instead! haha" then walked away. You could literally see the group processing that idea, so when Rob walked back over later, Alex said "hey Rob I have this great idea--let's vote out Deenna!" If Rob had brought the subject up himself, it would have made himself seem like someone really playing the game, but the way he did it was perfect!

I think Brian played a great game.
    I'm not sure if he really cultivated relationships in his tribe so that everyone trusted him, or whether they were just too foolish to see what was going on.
    Either way, he played a blinder.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoconnorgirl
    In terms of "best" strategy, I would have to say Brian and Rich.

However, the Survivors that entertained me most with the way they played the game were Greg (S1) and Lex (S3.) They had that "Is he a psycho or does he just play one on TV?" quality that I enjoy. I like the contestants that make me laugh.

Worst, in my opinion would be BB (S1) way too crabby and bossy from the start.
    I love your Psycho quote.
    I think in the case of Lex, he felt so in control of that game, then Teresa threw the "Mystery" vote against him, and it unravelled him completely.

FORT Fogey
    I definitely think that Richard and Brian are the best Survivor players of all time!

As for worst?? How about Daniel from S6? There are a lot of bad players out there, but he was really bad.

FORT Regular
    Unfortunately, I missed several seasons due to a conflicting work schedule, but I definitely have to give props to Rob from last season. He was one scheming bastard. Constantly talking with everyone and thinking ahead. When Christie wouldnt commit on her decision and she was in the position to be the deciding vote, Rob made a deal with his rivals to strip her of her power and vote her off instead. Even during the final immunity challenge he was trying to cut a deal so that he could get to the final two! It didnt work, but you have to give him credit for trying.

Hug me!
    The best player to me means the most entertaining player.. for that.. I picked Rob.

I mean RobFather from Survivor 4!
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    The best player to me means the most entertaining player.. for that.. I picked Rob.

I mean RobFather from Survivor 4!
    Ruuuuuuuuuuben..
    I must agree I do think the Robfather was the most entertaining character to play the game. It is a shame he did not make it to the jury, I could have imagined what he would have said at the final TC. I did'nt like him, but he was definitely entertaining. Another person that I found entertaining was Big Tom from S3, I would love to have seen him in a tribe with my 3rd most entertaining person... Rudy from S1. That would have been the politcal incorrectness class 101 every Thursday night.
    See ya.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12