+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SNN Article - MAJOR Spoilers inside (the BIG twist)

Dang. I really tried not to read this thread. It's not like I wasn't warned. But there it was, beckoning to me. I ignored it. Then people kept posting to it. I tried not to look at it. There it goes, bumped to the top. Again. And again. Oh, fine, I'll take a peek and stop reading. Right.

Aaargh! Oh, well. It's pretty much what I thought it was going to be. I'm not that surprised but dangit, I didn't want to know who was the next off even though I already pretty much knew.

Well, it's my fault for reading. I don't blame you. I DON'T BLAME YOU BLOOD SUCKING LILLY LIVERS ONE BIT, I DON'T!!!!!!!!

Bleh. Why the sheep? I don't know. Can't think of anything else to sum up my feelings.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I hope this spoiler is wrong!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I for one love spoilers! So much more to chatter about...it's one of the reasons I'm addicted to the BB Live Feed forum...if all we ever had to talk about were the shows, would it be half as fun?

As for MB getting lazier....I believe that the Suvivor camp is probably leaking a few of these themselves. It generates buzz. Plus, these spoilers NEVER deter anyone from watching. If anything they probably add viewers, people tune in to see if the spoilers were right or not.

As for the twist....yep, been done before. I'm kind of indifferent about it. On one hand, is it really fair once you've been booted to get a second chance? Not really...but come on, if the contestants don't think it's fair all they have to do is vote that person off again! If this is true, and the bootee makes it to the finals, the other contestants only have themselves to blame for not voting her off again!

If I remember correctly, when Amy Crews came back to BB3 she wasn't eligible again to win the money. Does anyone know if this is right or not? I just wonder if it will be that way for the Survivor contestant who comes back.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Now that we've actually seen the first episode, I'm questioning this "spoiler" even more than I did before.

Though they got the bootee right, they also said "While CBS wants us to believe that the castaways actually swam all the way to the market, we received reports they were quickly picked up again and brought to Saboga’s shore by boat. Not much swimming took place."

It seems pretty obvious, however, that the castaways did swim in to shore. The ship was anchored a very swimmable distance. You can see the castaways crawling out of the surf on shore. And why, for example, would Rupert talk about how tired he was, if he'd been picked up by a boat?

And I'm not buying the "returning castaway" twist at all. I just don't believe that Survivor would use one of Big Brother's old gimmicks. Speaking of which...
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    If I remember correctly, when Amy Crews came back to BB3 she wasn't eligible again to win the money. Does anyone know if this is right or not?
    She was definitely eligible to win the money. There was a lot of grumbling about that in the house, though, and it's questionable whether she would've gotten the votes had she made it to the Final 2 for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Now that we've actually seen the first episode, I'm questioning this "spoiler" even more than I did before.

Though they got the bootee right, they also said "While CBS wants us to believe that the castaways actually swam all the way to the market, we received reports they were quickly picked up again and brought to Saboga’s shore by boat. Not much swimming took place."

It seems pretty obvious, however, that the castaways did swim in to shore. The ship was anchored a very swimmable distance. You can see the castaways crawling out of the surf on shore. And why, for example, would Rupert talk about how tired he was, if he'd been picked up by a boat?

And I'm not buying the "returning castaway" twist at all. I just don't believe that Survivor would use one of Big Brother's old gimmicks. Speaking of which...

She was definitely eligible to win the money. There was a lot of grumbling about that in the house, though, and it's questionable whether she would've gotten the votes had she made it to the Final 2 for that very reason.
    Thanks for setting me straight on the Amy question!

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Why would the twist be bringing someone back into the game who would surely be the first one voted back off again?

-Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    Seems like astrogirl was correct in her prediction that they would do the same twist as the last Swedish and Danish versions.
    Thread.
    As much as I'd like to get credit for my predictive powers, actually, my prediction was that a brand new contestant would be thrown in at the merge. This spoiler suggests that is it a previously evicted contestant that are thrown in. They have done this in the Scandinavian survivor too, but it's not as good as introducing someone new and see the alliances scrambling to win over that new person.

Btw, in the 4th Danish survivor, the members of the merged tribe had to pick the person they wanted to return. This might be the twist.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    Why would the twist be bringing someone back into the game who would surely be the first one voted back off again?

-Randy
    I thought the same thing at first. Then I realized, the remaining folks left on the Island, probably think that the person who came back into the game, is a minor threat at best. They probably think they can just drag them along in the game, then dispose of them at will. Funny enough, I think that may have been the way Vecepia found her-self in the final 3. Lets see if the S7 folks have learned from the past....

FORT Fogey
    Ok, this is what I understood from the spoiler....

It seemed to imply that Nicole would be the first Jury member at the Ponderosa thingamajig, followed by Ryan S... they also reported that an older woman was gone pre-jury (guessing Lill)... if what I have understood this to mean is what it actually meant, then it's all wrong.

+ Reply to Thread