+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SNN Article - MAJOR Spoilers inside (the BIG twist)

I kind of think these spoilers are like a car crash; you don't want to look but you still do anyway. The spoiler last year about Jenna and Matthew in the final two made me pay attention and get into the show more. For much of the season I though there was no way they would be the final two, but there they were. These spoilers generate interest in the show, and I think despite what they say, the producers want that buzz (and may even throw some of the info. out there). In a way I regret knowing about the "big" spoiler, but it may not even be true. If it is true, it will still be a surprise to see how it all plays out and how it affects the game.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Roz_City
    Hey Rumi,
    One of the best things about Survivor is all of the speculations, spoilers and the like. During Survivor 1, the Philadlphia Daily News(one of the 2 largest papers in the 5th biggest city) ran a front page headline "Gervase Wins", this was during about week 7, and was based on some info that they received. As we know, the headline was later proven to be wrong.
    So, that being said, just take a look at the spoiler info, and rumors, and add that to the whole package, it makes the game even more interesting. The spoler info may be right, it may be wrong, it just adds to the intrigue! So don't think of it as Christmas gifts that you peeked at, those gifts could be for somebody else, ya never know!

Good thought, great point... I feel better, thanks!

Another thing to look for is the contestants appearances on The Early Show, Letterman, and their chats, etc. If this spoiler is true, the eliminated Survivors that were involved in this will have already gone through the whole thing. If someone comes back in the game, they'll talk about being voted out, even though they came back in. I think it will be really hard to not let something slip, even though the appearances on those shows seem so scripted. Multiply that by how many people know about it, and we'll see how it all goes.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    This is the last time I read a spoiler. Now I won't be surprised. And that's one of the things that makes Survivor fun. Oh well.

Oh come on you people.

I hate the fact that Burnett doesn't appear to even be bothered enough about the show to see that major events remain secret either.
    This is ridiculous. You guys don't think Burnett doesn't care about this stuff?

Heck, considering the final 2 was spoiled last year, I would think a lot of this stuff is to throw us off. Nothing has been confirmed yet, and it's very vague. For all we know the "old woman" could be Sandra, but all of this is very much speculation.

I am sure Burnett is doing everything in his power to give us spoilers to throw us off track. That's absolutely ridiculous, fluff, if you don't think he cares.

Burnett has gotten sloppier each season. Or, has cared less about whether spoilers get out each season. Take your pick, but there's no denying that each season, more and more information is "leaked".

I honestly think that's only because Suvivor has become such a cult hit, and people are coming up with new ways to get this info.

Nothing's bigger than leaking the final 2 though, so we'll see Panama can hold off from going that far. I do believe Burnett cares though.

I would say that leaking this "jaw-droppng twist" (to quote Burnett) is bigger than the final 2 from last season. But that's just me. The "merge that wasn't a merge" is the biggest twist to date, and the lid was kept on that.

I guess I didn't so much mind the "final 2" spoiler, because I didn't believe it to be true. Silly me, but since I didn't believe it, it didn't ruin the show for me.

You would think, though, that Burnett and the top people in his crew would be MORE careful each season, because as you said, Survivor has become such a cult hit. It's gotten to the point where everyone knows everything, and in game where surprises are most of the fun, it ruins it.

Princess
    Seems like astrogirl was correct in her prediction that they would do the same twist as the last Swedish and Danish versions.
    Thread.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    BB3 did it, too, of course. I heard about it in the Swedish version... That was very unfair! The guy who came back won, because the winner is determined by winning a super challenge. He was against two girls in it, so of course the strongest guy of the booted people is gonna beat the two girls. :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread