+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are the asians?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ 3-Style
    Hispanics are usually included in the white category of most demographics. Sometimes you will see, them separated as White (Non-Hispanic) and Hispanic. It appears in the figures shown they are included in White.

Thanks DJ

to FORT
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Yea, well theres nothing we can do heh, its the companys decision *sighs*... i rather see an asian team on Amazing Race though hehe
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

In all fairness to the show, without knowing how many asians applied to be on the show it would be impossible to know if it was fair or not. Maybe they are a low percentage of applicants.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I don't personally care about skin color in my contestants, I just want to see someone I can root for, whatever their persuasion.
    Yeah. I don't really care how many asians, hispanics, whites, etc. are on the show.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Jun Song should have been casted in Survivor instead of BB4. She'll be on familiar territory with the snakes!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    The ethnic distribution in US: (CIA ): white 77.1%, black 12.9%, Asian 4.2%, Amerindian and Alaska native 1.5%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.3%, other 4% (2000).

Given this, I don't think that it's unreasonable that only 2 asians have participated so far. Had it been 1000 participants, it should be closer to 4%.

(ETA, 4 % - not 4 persons)
    thanks for your effort.

FORT Fogey
    I was thinking about the minorities on the show. It is possible that not that many Asians apply to be on the show, right? And if they aren't worthy contestants than they shouldn't be on. I wouldn't want them to put them on, just because they need to put more minorities on the show. I just want to see people on here who actually know what they're doing.

That list does not include Nicole, who never watched the show before this season! And she's white. I wish someone else could've taken her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I thought Kel from S2 was Asian but I could be wrong (or at least half Asian).

It's probably an unwritten rule that at least one African American has to be on the show or else everything thinks the show is racist, but what about all the other minorities?
    Kel's Quechan (i hope i got the spelling right)

What is Quechan? Is that his last name or his ethnicity?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    What is Quechan? Is that his last name or his ethnicity?
    A South American Indian tribe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast