+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shoulders

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    Ryan S was just the scapegoat of the tribe. Because Andrew had been failing as a leader, he wanted to blame Ryan S for the tribe's losses.

Andrew looked like an a$$, literally, in episode 1. Ryan S didn't show solidarity in baring all (i.e., he didn't comply with Andrew's suggestion), which demonstrated that not everyone was willing to endanger the family jewels. Nicole, in the FoRT interview, mentioned that the Morgan tribe lost their challenge partially owing to the naked boys, who had to move more carefully. Andrew, rather than own up to his own stupidity, chose to blame the only guy who didn't drop trou. Andrew knows how to blame the innocent and exculpate the guilty party.
    Way to go Shayla I completely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones
    Ryan...we hardly knew ya!

I will miss you. You really seemed to know what they game was all about (unlike Osten), and I wished you would have lasted longer.

I think in this case, it was a matter of being placed on the wrong tribe.
    I agree. He could have lasted longer if he was placed in the other tribe, I think.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I really liked Ryan and felt so bad for him when he was voted off. He seemed like a good guy and could have benefited being on the Drake tribe with Rupert.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Let me cry on Ryan's Shoulders. Get it, let me cry...oh, OK!

um.. a bit lame

FORT Regular
    I suppose that's the realilty in life, people can't help judging you by your appearance, fancy ostracizing you just because you are skinny. that's absolutely absurd!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus
    I suppose that's the realilty in life, people can't help judging you by your appearance, fancy ostracizing you just because you are skinny. that's absolutely absurd!
    People are ostracized all the time for being fat though.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    People are ostracized all the time for being fat though.
    In RL being skinny probably serves you better than being obese, but on survivor it seems the opposite is true. Rupert is "hugely" popular.

What it is, is picking on whomever you can get away with picking on. Whether you like him or not, Ryan S. had a target on him and didn't take steps to remove it. He could have been playing coconut football with the guys. He could have bragged about his athleticism and how people always underestimate him because he looks skinny. But he didn't do that. He tried to stay quiet and UTR and when he realized he was spotlighted anyway, he didn't change strategy. Why not try a different strategy, he had nothing to lose at that point, but a million dollars.

FORT Fogey

That is a really good point. I felt bad that he was called Skinny Ryan, although it was true. We know that the Morgan tribe is full of prats, so why would we expect anything different.

And of course he'd last longer on Drake, they haven't even lost a challenge yet.

Is Ryan S. going to give a FORT interview? I've looked through the threads a bit but haven't found a mention of it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread