+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shoulders

FORT Fogey
    He is such a dork and he has to be one of the dorkiest guys I've seen on this show.

Blah, I get the feeling he's a Rob wanna-be. And there's only one Rob and he ain't him.

And he likes the Titans, icky! Well I suppose since that's his local team and all...oh well.

I don't think I'll really like him. He'd have to grow on me and by that he'd have to be around for awhile.

The color thing:

#DDDDFF is a color code used for HTML (web site design). It's a hexadecimal RGB code. DD for red, DD again for green, and FF for blue. #DDDDFF is kind of a light bluish-purple. You can find out by going here:

http://www2.swau.edu/~mssever/html/color_utility.htm

And typing DDDDFF into the box.

Clarksville has another 'Survivor'

Ryan Shoulders will be one of 16 competing for $1M
    By LAUREN HOWARD
    The Leaf-Chronicle

Once again, CBS has found a possible Survivor in Clarksville.

Ryan Shoulders will be one of 16 people competing for $1 million on "Survivor: Pearl Islands." The 23-year-old Kroger produce clerk was stranded off the coast of Panama, gathering food and building makeshift shelters to prove he was the ultimate Survivor.

The show's seventh season will air each Wednesday at 7 p.m. on Channel 5.

Clarksville native Gretchen Cordy appeared on the original "Survivor" in 2000 -- making it to the show's seventh episode before being voted off.

Ryan Shoulders is prohibited from talking about the show, which has already been shot, until he is either voted off the island or wins. But CBS officials said this season's shows will be like no other because the castaways will be marooned with only the clothes on their backs -- no extra clothes and no luxury items.

But his mother, Debbie Shoulders, said her son has what it takes to win.

"He's creative, resourceful, with a knack for problem-solving and a picky eater," she said. Debbie Shoulders writes a children's book column on Wednesdays for The Leaf-Chronicle.

Kindness, she said, is his greatest tool in becoming the ultimate Survivor.

"The only person he's ever been mean to is his younger sister -- he's nice to the rest of the world," she said jokingly.

While Ryan's family was excited about his being chosen, "Ryan just kind-of sat there and smiled, but that's how he is -- reserved and observing. And every once in a while he makes a joke that just cracks everybody up," his mother said.

Writing, recording his own punk rock music and creating movies are among the Northeast High School graduate's favorite hobbies. Ryan spends much of his spare time designing Web pages, she said.

Ryan spent two years at Austin Peay State University studying communications and computer science. He doesn't have plans to return to school -- "he's ready to be out in the world," Mrs. Shoulders said.

According to his biographical information provided by CBS, Ryan, a three-time "Survivor" applicant, describes himself as having the endurance to succeed in any goal. His proudest achievement -- finally making it to the National Forensics Tournament during his senior year of high school.
    http://www.theleafchronicle.com/news...ws/153043.html

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I get the feeling that he might not last too long, but then again, this is coming from the same guy who thought there was no way that Vecepia would win Survivor: Marquesas either.

Ryan, by the way, has registered (on 08/25)www.ryanshoulders.com

Sports Teams: Tennessee Titans
    Oh boy....
    TV Shows: Hey Dude
    I used to love that show!!!
    Actresses: Jenna Jameson
    Hmmmm...
    Music: Goldfinger, The Impossibles, Atom and his Package, NoFX
    His taste in music seems pretty good, but the only band I really like from the list is Goldfinger.

I dunno, he seems okay, but the Jenna Jameson thing was a little far. Favorite acrtress??? I'm skeptical already. Plus, not a big fan of the Titans myself.

I loved the things his mum said about him in the article John posted.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The color thing:

#DDDDFF is a color code used for HTML (web site design). It's a hexadecimal RGB code. DD for red, DD again for green, and FF for blue. #DDDDFF is kind of a light bluish-purple. You can find out by going here:

http://www2.swau.edu/~mssever/html/color_utility.htm

And typing DDDDFF into the box.
    Thanks, John.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_d
    I am not sure about him. He's a bit of an oddball. He does seem to be a geek but maybe he has a good personality. We'll see.
    I'm going to go with what you said until I actually see Pearl Islands next month.

FORT Fogey
    I know about color codes since I work on websites and stuff on my journal website but geez, couldn't he have just said his fav color was bluish purple? Why'd he have to get all brainy? I mean, I know those colors, sort of, but not off the top of my head and I have no idea how he could.

Mdrio, I don't like the Titans either.

+ Reply to Thread