+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nicole Delma

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Was she even ON the show last night?
    Um, OK...let me wipe the egg off my face...I was getting her confused with Darrah for some reason...

I thought Nicole would go far. Didn't she see the other Survivors? You don't start strategizing and aligning this early in the game, because at this point you don't know these people and therefore you do not know who you can trust. See Lilli. Had Nicole kept her trap shut, she would have been around for a while, because I don't think she was on anyone's radar. I can appreciate her "always speaking her mind", but not at the expense of a million dollars. That was just plain stupid.

Happy Thanksgiving to All destry's Avatar
    “Ow! Something bit my ass!” Looks like it wasn’t only the hermit crabs that bit your ass Her let’s-get-rid-of-Tijuana scheme certainly backfired! Nicole, it is time for you to walk the plank.....

I'm taking Nicole's claim that she had never seen Survivor with a pinch of salt. Once booted, contestants often say stuff to save face.

Starting an alliance of her own was worth a try, imo. Andrew was very firm about booting Ryan S based on his lack of physical strength. If the tribe continued to vote that way, Nicole would be out after Lillian and Ryan S.

Nicole's move might have worked for her if Lillian had been a different kind of person. If Lillian had agreed, she would've had an alliance of three: herself, Lillian and Ryan S. Based on Darrah's remark, they were already on good terms, so Nicole could've persuaded Darrah to join them. That would make four and a possible tie at TC.

If Nicole had waited till the next TC, she would have no choice but to go along with Andrew.

Imho, if Nicole had approached Ryan S instead of Lillian she would have been successful.

This reminds me of the time Helen went to Jan with a perfectly good plan and was rebuffed because Jan wasn't thinking straight.

I think Nicole is telling the truth about her not seeing Survivor. She's willing to say she knew she wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut and acknowledge what she did wrong.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I feel bad for Nicole for getting booted off first...but you know...can't feel sorry for her. She brought this all on herself talking smack about Tijuana.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed in her.

TheFlying, you're probably right about Nicole not having seen Survivor before.

Being an avid Survivor fan myself, I find it impossible to believe that there are people out there who choose not to watch the show. When someone tells me that they don't watch reality TV, I think "Yeah, right."

But I really don't get not watching the show once you've been picked as a contestant. It's available on DVD. So why wouldn't a contestant rent it?

Even if she didn't watch it, wouldn't someone she knows have given her some advice? I know that if any friend of mine were going to be on Survivor, I'd be discussing strategy every chance I got.

I find it impossible to believe that there are people out there who choose not to watch the show. When someone tells me that they don't watch reality TV, I think "Yeah, right
    Lots of people refuse to watch Survivor AND other reality tv shows for any reason. I for one completely choose not to watch the Real World because imo sex is all MTV cares about getting the cast to do during their time on the show - even though I like most reality tv.

When you become a contestant, I agree you should watch though.
    Last edited by Zhora; 09-25-2003 at 05:57 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    TheFlying, you're probably right about Nicole not having seen Survivor before.

Being an avid Survivor fan myself, I find it impossible to believe that there are people out there who choose not to watch the show. When someone tells me that they don't watch reality TV, I think "Yeah, right."

But I really don't get not watching the show once you've been picked as a contestant. It's available on DVD. So why wouldn't a contestant rent it?

Even if she didn't watch it, wouldn't someone she knows have given her some advice? I know that if any friend of mine were going to be on Survivor, I'd be discussing strategy every chance I got.
    It's on DVD? Since when? I never heard about any of the seasons being on DVD. Last season we had a thread about the reasons all the seasons should be on DVD. I just don't know why anyone would apply who hasn't watched the show before.

LC, seasons 1 & 2 have been released on DVD. I can't wait for the rest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234