+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Christa Hastie

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I've never even heard of David Grey.
    http://www.davidgray.com. Incredible singer. One of my favorite tracks by Orbital called "Illuminate" features Gray's vocals.

And illuminating the hearts and minds of Survivor fans all across America is just what Christa will do. She'll be up there with Eleanor Roosevelt and Mary McLeod Bethune. It's going to be a great season cheering for this capable individual.

Happy Thanksgiving to All destry's Avatar
    - hope she is voted off early

First comment AIRHEAD!! I think this is actually the one who makes a comment about not wearing any underwear when she is thrown off the island. I think that she might have read the invitation wrong and thought she was going on Fox's Paradise Hotel and not CBS's Pearl Island. CBS decided that they were going to put her "rap" sheet up before thesmokinggun.com got to it first. "She was once arrested for a misdemeanor and charged with "disrupting an officer's ability to perform his duties." While in college, she hopped on her car and refused to get off the hood when she discovered it was in the process of being towed". However what they had forgotten to mention is turns out while the 24-year-old woman was a University of California, Irvine undergrad, she posted several incriminating messages to online newsgroups devoted to illegal drug use. Hastie offers to send him "some really cute new pics taken with my digital camera." After he jokes that those photos should include "NAKED CHRISTA, JELLO, and METH!," she responded, "Well send those rocks on over my way and I'll send you a thousand pics! That would be enough to make anybody orgasm..."
    Reasons for thinking she is an airhead besides the items listed above:
    Board Games: Scrabble, Clue, Guess Who? (is she 5, NO. Does she have kids NO? I think Scrabble is her Dream)
    Video Games: Monkeyball, Zelda, Mario Brothers (Again, I rest my case)
    Books/Authors: Washington on $10 Million Dollars a Day by Ken Silverstein (okay.... I am sure that a lot of people can live in Washington on $10 Mill a day- however I think the real title of the book is $10.00 a day. Also.... what a page turner that is. I guess War and Peace is out of the question)
    ~When life give you lemons, pour yourself some vodka and use the lemons for a garnish~

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    OMG...SHE MOVES HER HEAD FOR EVERY WORD THAT COMES OUT OF HER MOUTH...; its so annoying
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

OMG her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, she seems annoying, but she doesn't totally discust me yet.

Without getting specific about the episode (we are still in a no spoilers period), I'll say that I'm seriously conflicted about her:

con - 1.) dumb-ass stoner and suspected white supremicist (at the minimum we know years ago she posted on the internet about being "proud" that she's lilly white)
    pro - 2.) she declares a liking for someone else in the tribe I really like, even though her initial reasons seemed a bit dumb (I won't say more and spoil)
    con - 3.) that VOICE makes me shiver
    pro - 4.) there is a part in the episode where she is VERY sensible about something she totally could have been whiny or bitchy about
    con - 5.) she also declares some liking (although mitigating it with some exasperation) about someone ELSE in the tribe who seems like a real tool.

FORT Fogey
    Right. I'm thinking she may be an up and down person. We like her at some points and can't stand her at others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Right. I'm thinking she may be an up and down person. We like her at some points and can't stand her at others.
    Kind of like the thrill ride of hard drugs
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm fine so far with her getting camera time. Just so long as she's not narrating.

+ Reply to Thread