+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S1-S5 (Who did you want and who DO you want to win?)

Originally posted by John
    That was one thing that Rich has always had going for him. Sure, he's conniving and evil. But he made no bones about what he was doing to win.
    That's why I tip my hats off to Rich. He was upfront about his intentions, as conniving as they might've been. He didn't pretend to be anything else than what you saw onscreen.

Originally posted by Loebeck
    Kathy deserved to win S4, damnit, not Vee "I screwed everybody over, but I asked God to forgive me so it's OK" Towry...
    My sentiments exact.

Vee didn't screw anybody over. She outwitted, outlasted & outplayed. If she had a million alliances from the beginning, she wouldn't have had to decieve anybody. So give credit where credit is due. She did the best she could given her situation. I'm sure she would have much preferred to play 100% honestly & cruise to the million dollars with dignity. The fact that she had to play a more deceptive strategy weighed heavily upon her. A person's relationship with God is betweent them and God. I really don't think it's our place to judge her. I can think of a million people I'd criticize before someone who looks to their God when in need. It's both popular & easy to bash Christians, but it really serves no useful purpose in this case.

And God doesn't care about Survivor? Of course he does. Why would he not care about those people? Because they're on TV?

Now I'll agree that the "little Mormon girl" comment might have crossed the line (I just loved Neleh), but I don't think it had any hatred behind it. She just as well could have said "that little goody two shoes". That's how I interpreted it, not as a religious slur.

I could probably go on like this for hours but I'll get off my little soapbox now. I know how I hate it when others preach, but I just had to get my little two cents in. Please don't hold it against me.

Princess
    I know how I hate it when others preach, but I just had to get my little two cents in. Please don't hold it against me.
    Anyone is entitled to their own opinion... I wouldn't dream of holding that against you if you truly didn't mind that Vee won - she certainly played the game well! (Although I would have preferred Kathy to win - but that's another story... )

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I still hated that Vee won...makes me nauseous in fact just thinking about it

And I think I was one of the few people that wanted Kelly to win. The fact that she kicked a-- in the last 5 immunity challenges was just plain awesome to me. In retrospect I don't mind Rich, however...though I hated him so much throughout the show, I'm not disappointed that he won. I was disappointed, however to see Vee take the cash.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Here's who I think should have won.

1-Rudy
    2-Elisabeth
    3-Lex
    4-Neleh

as for #5...Penny should win. But I'm sure Shii Ann will.

RUDY!! Yes yes yes!!!

Okay, here are my wishes to have won:

1- Rudy (or Gretchen -- sorry she is still my fave )
    2 - Michael
    3 - Ethan
    4 - Kathy
    5 - Brian or Ken!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Maybe we should start a Who Should Have Won thread?

Good thinking Jodaar! I'll start it and move these topics over

S1-S5 (who did you want and who DO you want to win :))

Starting this new thread because we sort of got off topic in another one.

Princess
    Well - I missed 1-3, but anyway:
    S4: Kathy
    S5: so far... Jake

+ Reply to Thread