+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 post show discussion ***Spoilers***

Although, I kind of felt bad for her when she was eating every part of the chicken and everyone was looking at her like she was a freak. They need to cut her some slack. It's part of her culture to eat all those other parts of the chicken nobody else wants to eat.

In case you're wondering, I still don't like Shii-Ann, but for her team (Robb and Erin, at least) to criticize her eating habits just because they don't understand her culture was pretty ignorant on their part.

Princess
    watch him yelp and flail about and have no one take serious notice just cracked me up
    Interesting... I think he was actually really scared - as someone (was it Steph) said, it could have been something poisionous. :
    Although, I kind of felt bad for her when she was eating every part of the chicken and everyone was looking at her like she was a freak. They need to cut her some slack. It's part of her culture to eat all those other parts of the chicken nobody else wants to eat.
    As I understood, what really bugged them was that she was "double dipping", i.e. licking her fingers a lot and then handling the chicken (rooster) with those fingers again. (Reminded me of Neleh offering that halfeaten mint...)
    (No, I don't like Shii-Ann anymore - she's way too arrogant and she is pulling down people who are not behaving in the way she approves of whereas at the same time she has no clue that what she does may bother other pepole.)
    Last edited by Modesty; 10-18-2002 at 03:05 AM.

Princess
    Did anyone else notice the closeups of Brian spitting? Not just spitting but kind of letting his spit run out of his mouth for 5 min or so? Is this some habit of his...?? Is this some clue??? (Yuk!)

Princess
    So, Ted and Brian has an alliance. (Not too surprised, never really believed the idea of Ted-Clay.) It seems from what he said that Brian is playing the game well. I have the feeling that they will both make it to the merge, but then Brian will be looking for some other meat....
    It also seems like there are some in the SJ tribe that are also playing the game, albeit not Jake (my impression), which surprised me a bit. Maybe he will presevere being a "father figure" for a while - but for how long??? I indeed had him as a possible winner, but now I don't know.

So, the singing was Helen, but I didn't see it really annoying the other tribemembers. Now JAN on the other hand, I almost wanted to fly out to Thailand just to smack her one upside the head.

The boat's really gone, although it looks like all 3 guys on Chuay Gahn drown next week looking for it.

And no one took the switch, which proved fatal to Stephanie.

I was impressed how Erin seemed to be leaning toward a Shii Ann vote, but instead hung Robb out to dry with her vote for Steph.

And yes, I noticed Brian's spitting, on at least 2 separate incidents. Gross.

Shii Ann thinks that she's being targeted because she's "different", when in fact she's being targeted because she's arrogant.

When Stephanie said that "starvation will make you act like an ass", I wondered if she were saying that was her excuse, or complaining about the rest of the team...Who does she really think was acting like an ass?

Two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, but neither is sure whether the other can be trusted,
    So did this mean the Robb and Erin joining in their dislike of Shii-Ann. I don't remember them discussing to have her voted out.

I thought it was something that Jake is gravitating towards keeping Shii-Ann over some of the other people. Jake seems to be playing along for now, but I think he's got his own plan.

I think it was Ted and Brian...But I'm not sure.

I would think it was Ted and Brian too John.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, I'd copy and paste some things to quote, but I'm on the worlds slowest computer right now and I have no patience.
    First... I thought Shii Ann said that Stingray "bites" DID hurt ?confused
    I like shii ann. She didn't seem as arrogant to me this week as she did last...
    Saw Steph on the morning show, and didn't recognize her! She looked completely different. Of ourse she let us know that she was there for the experience... whatever.
    Yes, Robbs injury could have been serious, but I also laughed when no one took notice to his screams... if you act like an immature loudmouthed freak all the time, why would anyone notice when you scream??
    Hmmmm, after thinking about it for a second, I must say that I may like shii ann more that other people here do soley because Robb hates her so..... He is such a turd.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Yes, Robbs injury could have been serious, but I also laughed when no one took notice to his screams... if you act like an immature loudmouthed freak all the time, why would anyone notice when you scream??
    When (I think it was Jake) said something like "We didn't pay attention - Robb does that all the time" I had this image of Robb as the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf. The thought of him in the woods yelling "Dude! Wolf! I'm not kiddin'! WOOOLLLLFF DUUUUDE!" cracked me up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast