+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Knight - Fame Games

Jordan Knight - Fame Games

He was on it for about 30 minutes. So what do you think of his stint on the show?

If I were him, I would have stayed home. A very sick loved one is back home on the verge of dying, and I would want to spend his/her last hours with them. But he decided to go on the show for some reason.

Well, I hope you already feel better about your grandmother's death, Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2199230;
    He was on it for about 30 minutes. So what do you think of his stint on the show?

If I were him, I would have stayed home. A very sick loved one is back home on the verge of dying, and I would want to spend his/her last hours with them. But he decided to go on the show for some reason.

Well, I hope you already feel better about your grandmother's death, Jordan.
    Couldn't have said it better, if he knew his grandma was sick he should have been at her side not on the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mollie Megg Kata Lauren charlieboy's Avatar
    He was there? He was super boring on his season and I'm glad he's gone.

FORT Fogey
    How do we know that he was only there for 30 minutes? Only the show 24 is done in real time. And we don't know if his grandmother had a long illness or if it was sudden. I think it was the latter, because when Jordan said he had a bad feeling. I suspect he got a call from his wife that his grandma was rushed to the hospital (edited out) and then he called her back to see what happened and was informed she died. It could have been a stroke or heart attack with no warning. I think it unjustified to slam him during his time of grief.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2200076;
    How do we know that he was only there for 30 minutes? Only the show 24 is done in real time. And we don't know if his grandmother had a long illness or if it was sudden. I think it was the latter, because when Jordan said he had a bad feeling. I suspect he got a call from his wife that his grandma was rushed to the hospital (edited out) and then he called her back to see what happened and was informed she died. It could have been a stroke or heart attack with no warning. I think it unjustified to slam him during his time of grief.
    No, no, I was saying he was shown on the show for about 30 minutes. Not even that. Maybe 15 minutes.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2200380;
    No, no, I was saying he was shown on the show for about 30 minutes. Not even that. Maybe 15 minutes.
    I understand. But most of my post regarded the why did he show up for the show comments. We don't know if his grandmother was ill for a long time. My grandfather died suddenly of a brain aneurism. He was 92-healthy and active for his age. Fished and mowed the yard and even had a little job helping a mechanic (he only worked when he wanted). I know this board is snarky but cant we give people some slack especially when they suffered the lost a loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2200936;
    I understand. But most of my post regarded the why did he show up for the show comments. We don't know if his grandmother was ill for a long time. My grandfather died suddenly of a brain aneurism. He was 92-healthy and active for his age. Fished and mowed the yard and even had a little job helping a mechanic (he only worked when he wanted). I know this board is snarky but cant we give people some slack especially when they suffered the lost a loved one.
    No, when you are on a show like this you are fair game for any comments. That's what you sign up for.

My impression is he knew there was something wrong already, before he appeared on the show. If he loved her so much and she was so important to him he should have been with her instead of trying to win $100,000 on a D-list cable show. Now he can beat himself up in private because he was not with her during her dying moments.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2201043;
    No, when you are on a show like this you are fair game for any comments. That's what you sign up for.

My impression is he knew there was something wrong already, before he appeared on the show. If he loved her so much and she was so important to him he should have been with her instead of trying to win $100,000 on a D-list cable show. Now he can beat himself up in private because he was not with her during her dying moments.
    Even if they are on tv they are human beings with the same feelings as the viewing public. And being in the public doesn't make you sub human. No one signs up to be debased have their feelings or families debased. Are we becoming so cruel and remote as a nation, a little human understanding between fellow citizens is asking too much. And if you read my earlier post I suggested that he got a call from his wife stating that his grandmother was rushed to the hospital (which was edited out) because that would explain his statement that he had a bad feeling. Unless he had pcyhic powers why on that day and in that moment did he utter that. Plus his tears and how he slumped back into the chair when his wife told him the news indicated that he was close to his grandmother and if he had known she was sick he probably wouldn't have gone on the show especially since he didn't have a good experience the first time around and if she died in the middle of the show he would of done what he has already done and left the show early anyway. So I don't think money was the motivating factor here. I think he felt bad about not really opening up during his first stint and he wanted to do it again differently and experience the experience with out closing himself off.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2201124;
    Even if they are on tv they are human beings with the same feelings as the viewing public. And being in the public doesn't make you sub human. No one signs up to be debased have their feelings or families debased. Are we becoming so cruel and remote as a nation, a little human understanding between fellow citizens is asking too much. And if you read my earlier post I suggested that he got a call from his wife stating that his grandmother was rushed to the hospital (which was edited out) because that would explain his statement that he had a bad feeling. Unless he had pcyhic powers why on that day and in that moment did he utter that. Plus his tears and how he slumped back into the chair when his wife told him the news indicated that he was close to his grandmother and if he had known she was sick he probably wouldn't have gone on the show especially since he didn't have a good experience the first time around and if she died in the middle of the show he would of done what he has already done and left the show early anyway. So I don't think money was the motivating factor here. I think he felt bad about not really opening up during his first stint and he wanted to do it again differently and experience the experience with out closing himself off.
    SOP on reality tv shows is to take away cell phones, PDAs etc from the participant. Partly to keep from interfering while filming and partly to deliberately isolate the participants and increase stress levels so there are more dramatic moments to film. So I highly doubt the wife called unless on a break Jordan called her. We don't know.

It has also been my experience that males have a much harder time dealing with illness and dying and I have family friends with dying parents that totally avoid them and not visit but come crying after the parent has died and these males only live 20 minutes away by car while female relatives fly in from halfway across the country and sit by the bedside until the final moments even if it takes several weeks or months. So no I don't have that much sympathy unless I know the entire story.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2201269;
    SOP on reality tv shows is to take away cell phones, PDAs etc from the participant. Partly to keep from interfering while filming and partly to deliberately isolate the participants and increase stress levels so there are more dramatic moments to film. So I highly doubt the wife called unless on a break Jordan called her. We don't know.

It has also been my experience that males have a much harder time dealing with illness and dying and I have family friends with dying parents that totally avoid them and not visit but come crying after the parent has died and these males only live 20 minutes away by car while female relatives fly in from halfway across the country and sit by the bedside until the final moments even if it takes several weeks or months. So no I don't have that much sympathy unless I know the entire story.
    I think in emergancy situations the producers do inform the cast. I recall that during BB2 911 happened and Monica's sister was missing they informed her also the winner of Survivort the model was informed that her mother was hospitalized during the allstar season and she dropped out and went home. Subsequently her mother died of cancer. I would think that producers have a moral and legal obligation to inform particpants of family emergencies and even with b or d rated celeberities are not treated like regular folks. Also I have sympathy for anyone experiencing lost with out having to know every private detail of the situation. A mother losing a child. I don't need to know under what circustances this happened? A father losing his father I have sympathy because even if they weren't close I understand how much psychologically this impacts males. A loss is a loss unless you purposedly caused the loss (murder). I believe in treating people like I want to be treated and even those who reside in the little blue tube because they are human too. Where has all our humanity gone, is it something we are losing because we are so removed from other s except in thru the cold world of the internet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast