+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4/23 - live talk show

4/23 - live talk show

Interesting that both Tawny and Andrea seem to have bone to pick with Flo. Andrea I don't get, just because Flo does not drink and does not approve of nudity and flaunting it as you do so what. Its like watching a young kid rebel against her mom. Andrea doesn't like Flo because Flo does not approve of everything Andrea does. That's a self esteem issue of Andrea's and perphaps her mother that she is projecting on to Flo. None of the men have any problem at all with Flo.

I thought Tawny was a bitch, if the line of questioning had a point that's OK but this was get her anyway possible but this was pointless. I googled Flo's site and according to the birth marker, Flo was born in 1934. Tawny is dissing a 72 yr old woman. I must say Flo looks great I would never have guessed she looks at least 20 yrs younger. What get me is that Tawny brings up the little hook up Flo had with Barry Williams on the Brady Bunch (he played the older son) that was over 35 yrs ago she was in her 30's and he was in his 20's. Way to go Flo I say. I honestly don't think Tawny will age as gracefully or with as much inner peach and professional demeanor as Flo has. BTW with her complaining about her nose burning anyone else think that Tawny was snorting coke or something in the bathroom. I do. There is something off here.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I thought Tawny was a bitch, if the line of questioning had a point that's OK but this was get her anyway possible but this was pointless. I googled Flo's site and according to the birth marker, Flo was born in 1934. Tawny is dissing a 72 yr old woman. I must say Flo looks great I would never have guessed she looks at least 20 yrs younger. What get me is that Tawny brings up the little hook up Flo had with Barry Williams on the Brady Bunch (he played the older son) that was over 35 yrs ago she was in her 30's and he was in his 20's. Way to go Flo I say. I honestly don't think Tawny will age as gracefully or with as much inner peach and professional demeanor as Flo has. BTW with her complaining about her nose burning anyone else think that Tawny was snorting coke or something in the bathroom. I do. There is something off here.
    I agree with you about Tawny. In my opinion, not only is Tawny a bitch, but she acts and looks like a used-up bitch, at THAT (which is worse) What...Does Tawny still think it's the '80's, she's a video 'ho, and she's still hot, i.e., the sh**??? Well, I disagree. The way she went gunnin' after Flo in her "interview" was mean-spirited and inexcusable. I liked the way that Flo showed restraint and class in dealing with Tawny's (allegedly) "probing" questions/comments. Age (and true beauty) won out over (alleged) youth and (former) beauty, here... I also think that episode where Tawny brought on the drama, complaining of her nose "burning", possible sinus infection, etc. was some BS drama, on her part. It is highly likely that the woman is "on" something. If not that, then she is just OFF, so to speak. Needless to say, Tawny's got PROBLEMS...

Andrea's got issues of her own. And, her talk show segment was no better than Tawny's, in the sense that it came off as being crass, very low-class, on its own. How interesting that both her and Tawny, in turn, have issues with Flo... Neither Andrea nor Tawny seem to be very secure with themselves, as grown women. Apparently, Flo's expressed views about each of them have struck a nerve. But, in Tawny's case, it's turned into something of a "throwdown" and/or a vendetta. That's pitiful...

However, this show seems to thrive on "drama" in the house each season. So, it appears that Andrea and Tawny are the focus in that regard, this time around, while Alexis Arquette (who I like the most, of all of the females, other than Flo) has become part of that "drama", too, just for being herself. So, there you go... That's "Surreal Life". I still watch, though, because it's kind of entertaining.

Debra

P.S. Why has this discussion forum for this season of "Surreal Life" been "ghettoized", so to speak, to this section of the site (the one for completed shows and/or ones no longer covered)? If I hadn't scrolled down far enough, I would have not known that there WAS a discussion thread for this show during this current cycle.

P.S. Why has this discussion forum for this season of "Surreal Life" been "ghettoized", so to speak, to this section of the site (the one for completed shows and/or ones no longer covered)? If I hadn't scrolled down far enough, I would have not known that there WAS a discussion thread for this show during this current cycle.
    I don't know but it's breaking my heart! Discussions about this show used to be so lively!

It's very much a hit show so I don't get it.

In fact I'm willing to make a 'nice' donation to the website if they will move it back where more people can find it! After all this is the Off the Air section.

(I know there are other current shows here but this one's snarkalicious, come on! Lol)

Topic: What the heck is wrong with Tawny. And Andrea, who from now on I shall call FutureTawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Topic: What the heck is wrong with Tawny. And Andrea, who from now on I shall call FutureTawny.
    After watching the 4/30/06 episode, I've come to the conclusion that either Tawny is doing drugs or she's losing it, in some other way. Maybe, all of the partying years ago has fried some of her brain cells... ... Andrea's a mess, too, in her own way. She's a grown woman, on paper, but Andrea's acting like a child, in terms of howing she's processing "Dr. Flo's" assessment of what she does for a living. If Andrea is so proud of herself and her career, then she should learn how to OWN it, despite disapproval from others. But, no... Instead, Andrea chooses to whine and lash out, calling one of her elders - a woman who means her no harm - a bitch. I can see why you call her "FutureTawny."

Cat

Tawny was addicted to pain killers back after her divorce from the baseball player, so I wouldn't doubt it if she was doing something for sure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread