+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Omarosa or Janice?

The strange thing about Omarosa is that she thinks what she does requires talent. I really don't understand what's going on in her mind. I really tried to like her in the apprentice because I was so tired of the black woman being cast as the bitch -- but in Omarossa's case it's true. She's doing the same thing with the surreal life that she did in the apprentice: we're supposed to believe that everything is just an act for her fans. Of course that's very convenient; it explains everything right? Sorry, I'm not buying it. I think she's a troubled woman who's very much in denial of her issues. I believe she's just as toxic a person in real life as she is on TV -- and I wouldn't trust her in any situation involving my well being.

They are both ridiculous, imo. They are both constantly trying to get attention and niether of them are entertaining. But I hate how Omarosa plays on people's weaknesses and I think she's overly fake. So I guess I still like Janice better. But I hope Surreal Life never puts two diva type people in the same house ever again b/c all of the drama got really old on like the third episode, for me at least.

lei
    FORT Fogey
    okay earlier i posted that, not being familiar with either before this show, i was starting with a sort of clean slate and found janice to be more vile. now that all is said and done i think she would still be more obnoxious to live with for the short term and is more outwardly dysfunctional, but O is more evil in her cold-hearted button-pushing *shudder*

interesting how everyone else in the house seemed really okay (when we heard from them.)

I agree firepixie. I think what some don't understand about why some of us support Janice more or completely is, at least she admits to her problems and dysfunctions. And, none of us have any idea if or when she is abusing alcohol or drugs but... what some don't see, I think, is that most people don't care as that is not a crime to be an alcoholic, including an active one.

I think it's more like she lived through a childhood taht would destroy anyone, and became a productive member of society who really only hurt herself. But it's gonna come out somewhere. I also think Janice is kind of stuck in her younger days at Studio 54 and the like, younger folks may not know but Janice was THE wildchild of the 70s in that world along with her buddy Gia (also a top model, who later died).

I think when Janice can cut loose and do anything it feels freeing to her, because she spent her childhood a basic prisoner, unable to act or speak freely as most children would do. She lived with a monster daily. Now she may be a bit on in years to still be trying to free herself of that but who are we to judge. Maybe some people never get over it entirely. I'm not sure it is really possible to. Especially going from taht to the crazy world of modeling in the Studio 54 days. From ultimate low to ultimate high. But that does not mean her high today is chemical. I think she is perfectly capable of 'acting wacky' on her own.

But I just don't think it is a crime as Oma keeps trying to make it sound - as if Oma's treatment of Janice is justified by Janice's admitted personal struggles. It doesn't play, Ms. Morosa.

Isn't "supporting" one or the other of these ladies kind of like choosing who's more evil... Hitler or Stalin? I mean sure, neither of these ladies is Hitler or Stalin, but in terms of being the very bottom of the Reality TV barrel, these ladies are in a dead heat.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well, bottom of the barrel is one thing but evil is another. Janice didn't do things on purpose, more in self defense if anything and there were times she wasn't giving flack back to Oma that Oma could've let it go. Instead Oma took it one step lower (i.e. about the kids). Oma doesn't know Janice or her kids from Adam, so to say Janice is damaging her kids and is a horrible mother is wrong.

I don't feel Janice is evil. So to me there's a difference. Certainly not comparable to Hitler or Stalin, a couple of mass murdering dictators! Lol

The comparison wasn't Hitler/Stalin vs. Janice/Oma, it was that choosing between Janice and Oma is LIKE choosing between Hitler and Stalin. There's no real choice to be made when you are looking at flip sides of the same coin.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    Ron85 Janice used to be on tons of covers and was all over Cosmo and Vogue in her day. She really was a big time model. As she said, she had what, 400 covers of Vogue? Thing about Janice is, at least she does not make things up, unlike say, Omagrossa.

You can just call me Ron Someone has my name so I had to put 85 on there, but anyway I still never heard of her. And she is not looked up to like Beverly Johnson or Iman. These 2 women look flawless and I know they are old. And the class they have. I never heard of Janice or Caprice for that matter.
    "Were gonna spoke em out of there holes"
    "Were gonna stay the course"
    "Were gonna sprinkle freedom on those touched by evil doers"
    -Your President

My true answer is...NEITHER!

But if I have to choose, it would be OMAGROSSA!!!! At least she's not dangerous! And I have to go by the SL5 cast who all said they bonded with Omarosa, not Janice. There must be a good reason for that.

Janice is totally out of control (OCC) and needs to be put away. She's so pathetic, with her pitiful self affirmation, "I was the first Supermodel."

She may have been on a lot of covers, but the average Joe never heard of her until ANTM. Name recognition makes you "Super." (i.e.: Twiggy, Cheryl Tiegs, Cindy Crawford, Iman, Beverly Johnson, Rachel Hunter...) The list goes on, but Janice Dickenson isn't on it.

SUCKMYTOES: Regarding Janice and the kids at the bowling alley. Janice is just plain and simple a horrible person. I saw Caprice on a talk show before SL5 aired and she said Janice was terrible to the children and that she was so ashamed. So Janice is as Janice was on the show.
    Last edited by MissT; 10-11-2005 at 12:47 PM.

i never watched this show, but last night i couldn't sleep. i stumbled upon the last episode. they were both so crazy!! did they act like that through out the whole season? and if so, did it ruin it for you fans? it would for me. i'll stick to survivor, where they can vote out the crazie bads. (as opposed to the crazy goods who are very entertaining )

+ Reply to Thread