+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 finale

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I had never heard of her at all, and I still have no idea of what her "music" was, or any desire to know. To paraphrase Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, you can't be a has-been if you were never anything to begin with.

Overall, however, we liked this season. We liked the people and how they bonded with each other.

I was surprised Marcus said he had few friends. I'd be his friend, but I wish he would stop smoking! (That goes for most of the people in the house -- what is this show, sponsored by tobacco companies? Geez!)
    It wouldn't surprise me if most stars (actors, musicians, etc.) had many of these bad habits. The percentage is probably more than the regular person (you and I), since their lives have so much ups and downs (working, not working, very busy, very bored). It is just something for them to do with their hands and mouths!

Chris

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=Harvest]I had never heard of her at all, and I still have no idea of what her "music" was, or any desire to know. To paraphrase Dustin Hoffman in Tootsie, you can't be a has-been if you were never anything to begin with.

Overall, however, we liked this season. We liked the people and how they bonded with each other.

I was surprised Marcus said he had few friends. I'd be his friend, but I wish he would stop smoking! (That goes for most of the people in the house -- what is this show, sponsored by tobacco companies? Geez!)[/QUOTE

You just said exactly what I have been thinking all along: you can't be a has-been if you were never anything to begin with. That is the perfect description of Brat.

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    I think the next one is going to be really good!
    I heard someone mention Jose Canseco.....but who else is supposed to be on the next Surreal Life?
    kitty-cats rule!

The finale was rather interesting. I actually like Da Brat because she says whats on her mind, even if it's brutal. I know a lot of her work because I've always liked her and her music. I enjoyed this season very much. Everyone had their "weird" moments and that's what makes it the 'Surreal Life'. And, I actually felt sad when Verne was talking. That was emotional! hehehe =)

Quote Originally Posted by i_ADORE_YOU
    The finale was rather interesting. I actually like Da Brat because she says whats on her mind, even if it's brutal. I know a lot of her work because I've always liked her and her music. I enjoyed this season very much. Everyone had their "weird" moments and that's what makes it the 'Surreal Life'. And, I actually felt sad when Verne was talking. That was emotional! hehehe =)
    If we all said what was on our minds to one another things would be pretty ugly. She is just plain rude. She is more of a "has been" than Jane. No excuse for her rotten, mean ways. She's also not all that attractive so who is she to go ripping into people for the way they look? She could stand to lose a few pounds and see a good dentist. on her.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by i_ADORE_YOU
    ITA with JamiLee. Why does Brat feel like she has the right to express her very superior opinion to everyone? IMO, part of being a human being is being sensitive to the feelings of others. Sometimes that means that, yes, you keep your true feelings inside to keep from hurting someone. All Brat had to do was tell Jane she was sorry (instead of that whole b.s. about already having apologized when she didn't) and that would have been that. I don't even think getting a taste of her own medicine would make her understand.

All in all, I enjoyed this season.

I've always loved Jane and now I love her more. She's just such a cool chick.

Verne's speech at the end was nice. It seems like he's closed himself off from people in the past (maybe to avoid rejection?). This experience forced him to interact and I think he found out that, if he opens up a little, people will care about him. I really hope he gets his drinking under control. He drinks a huge quantity of alcohol, even for someone who isn't under three feet tall.

Speaking of drinking.... I also really hope the stories are true and that Chyna Doll has gotten help for her drinking. She seems like such a broken person and I almost cried for her when she was hiding from the other housemates so she didn't have to say goodbye. I was laughing though when Jane said "We lost the Wookie!"

Adri and Chris are too cute. I'm glad he gave her a chance and it sounds like (from the stories I've read) they're still together.

I have such a crush on Marcus now! The soul of a nice guy in that body. WOW! Maybe the reason he doesn't have a lot of friends is because of his looks. Some people make assumptions based on looks - maybe people think he's vapid or arrogant. He also strikes me as quite shy and reserved.

Amen to them all quitting smoking Harvest!

Can't wait for season five!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

http://www.adriannecurry.tv/

this is from Adrianne website:

Adrianne recently wrapped the first season of “Ball Breakers” for The Game Show Network were she stars and the trash-talking model/hostest/rack-girl in this Billiards competition game show due to premiere June of 2005. She is currently featured in a 6-page photo spread in the April 2005 issue of Maxim magazine. In addition to be in discussion on numerous other television and modeling projects Adrianne has been inked in her first acting roll, staring with Knight in the upcoming Indy film, “Light Years Away.”

also there are new pictures of her in photo gallary

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    I heard someone mention Jose Canseco.....but who else is supposed to be on the next Surreal Life?
    Dramerosa , Janice Dickinson , Bronson Pinchot , Sandi Denton , Corey Hart , and Caprice

So I wonder who is going to be the 'Father Figure' in Season 5. Bronson Pinchot???

And am I correct that there are 4 women and only 2 men? Caprice is a woman, correct?

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast