+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/30 show discussion

Empress NaBisco
    And didn't Marcus used to date Pamela Andreson? Maybe he really does have a thing for scary looking women with Monster Boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardaway
    I dunno, Luv, I kind of thought that she may have played the right cards with Chris. After all, she didn't try to get his attention in the first couple of episodes, and he was lackluster about her at best, she just didn't do it for him. Then in this one she turned on the gas and it did definitely get his attention. And since they're still dating, her instincts do seem to have been on the money. Some guys get subtlety, some guys you just gotta slap in face with a fish!
    Maybe I'm somewhat of a prude, but in my world we don't get lap dances from women to attract a man. Nor would my friends and I go to a female strip club. I know men find girl on girl action hot, but I think its pitiful when a woman does girl on girl things to attract a man. Like I said above, maybe I'm a prude, but I didn't find the whole Adrein, Chyna, and Jane thing funny, or entertaining, I found it sad. I'm not against gay people, or lesbians, but to pretend to be one to attract a man is desperate. Since some men find that hot, I'm not surprised that Chris and Adrien are together.
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcures1
    Maybe I'm somewhat of a prude, but in my world we don't get lap dances from women to attract a man. Nor would my friends and I go to a female strip club. I know men find girl on girl action hot, but I think its pitiful when a woman does girl on girl things to attract a man. Like I said above, maybe I'm a prude, but I didn't find the whole Adrein, Chyna, and Jane thing funny, or entertaining, I found it sad. I'm not against gay people, or lesbians, but to pretend to be one to attract a man is desperate. Since some men find that hot, I'm not surprised that Chris and Adrien are together.
    I have the feeling Adrianne wasn't pretending that she enjoyed it - I think she really did! Just as some men find girl on girl action hot, some girls find girl on girl action hot too. Yes she wanted to get Chris's attention, but I think she enjoyed the lap dance apart from that.

A lot of girls I knew in college went to female strip clubs, but they were mostly gay clubs - the girls weren't necessarily gay, or even bi; they just enjoyed the thrill of it all. However, I don't know if they ever went to strip clubs that weren't designated as a "gay club" - the situation would probably have been different then.

Then you would be shocked by how many girls goto strip clubs w/ thier men.

Empress NaBisco
    Maybe I'm somewhat of a prude, but in my world we don't get lap dances from women to attract a man....

... I'm not against gay people, or lesbians, but to pretend to be one to attract a man is desperate. Since some men find that hot, I'm not surprised that Chris and Adrien are together.
    I don't think you are a prude, I think you are someone with a sense of decorum, and I totally agree with you.

I'm seeing more and more young women who think acting like they are bisexual is attractive to men. What is pitiful isn't that they are acting gay, it's that they are acting artificially.

So when some guy asks one of these women out, how are they going to feel when he adds, "Hey, and bring your hot friend, too!"?

In the opening of the show Adrienne calls herself a "media whore", and she wasn't lying. She really will do anything for attention. She must not think very much of herself at all.

It's certainly possible

You guys could be right about Adrienne, she might very well have been just posing to get the boy and therefore lacking in self-esteem. But I would tend to think that she was being herself at the strip club, wanting Brady Booty notwithstanding.
    On ANTM, she was definitely the Wild Child, and she and Elyse had the kind of relationship where I could easily see them going to a strip club together in the context of the show, just to have fun and blow some preconceptions-- sexuality can be a toy, fun to play with, without there necessarily being any ulterior motives or meanings.
    She had a Live Journal for a while, which she closed down right before this show began, and in it she seemed to be exremely down-to-earth and to have a good sense of self. For instance, she wrote about how difficult it was for her to get work because agencies kept wanting her to lose weight. But she has an extremely low body-fat percentage, and didn't want to lose muscle mass and endanger her health just to get a job. She ran into this again and again and wouldn't compromise for the sake of modelling. I may be biased, because I thought she was a blast on ANTM, she was my favorite contestant. And I enjoyed reading her journal and stories of trying to make it in the world of modeling. But in neither instance did I get a sense that she had self image issues.

Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    I have the feeling Adrianne wasn't pretending that she enjoyed it - I think she really did!

I agree with this totally
    !

In America's Next Top Model she was all over one of her competitors . . . Elyse . . . the entire season!

I dug It! I thought it was Hot! Go Adrianne!

. . . Jane & Chyna . . . . i think they enjoyed it also!
    I actully fell that Jane enjoyed it a little more then Chyna
    But It was all for fun, it wouldn't go any further then what we saw!

Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    I have the feeling Adrianne wasn't pretending that she enjoyed it - I think she really did! Just as some men find girl on girl action hot, some girls find girl on girl action hot too. Yes she wanted to get Chris's attention, but I think she enjoyed the lap dance apart from that.

A lot of girls I knew in college went to female strip clubs, but they were mostly gay clubs - the girls weren't necessarily gay, or even bi; they just enjoyed the thrill of it all. However, I don't know if they ever went to strip clubs that weren't designated as a "gay club" - the situation would probably have been different then.
    Maybe she did enjoy it. I don't know. I just hate when women go through extreme's such as those to attract a man. While in college, my friends and I never went to a female strip club, we didn't find it enjoyable, nor would we enjoy it now. I have nothing against gay's or bi's, I just don't think its entertaining when a woman goes through desperate measures to get a guy.
    Myrosiedog

Snoozin' on the beach
    Your not a prude, I didn't like it either, I just turned the channel when they started giving each other lap dances. I've never gone to one and neither have my friends and we were pretty crazy in our younger years. No way would I go with my man. If he insisted on it, I'd go under the condition that HE go to the male strip show with me. Let's see how he'd like that! I'm sure there are hetero woman that don't mind going but there are plenty that would never go or find a thrill from it. I never understood the fascination men have with girl on girl.

I think alot of the younger girls think its "hip" and want to appear with it or something. It just reminds me of the whole "girls gone wild" foolishness. I thought it was stupid, nothing funny or shocking about it. No doubt VH1 was looking to improve ratings among the male audience. Grab 'em any way they can

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    Your not a prude, I didn't like it either, I just turned the channel when they started giving each other lap dances. I've never gone to one and neither have my friends and we were pretty crazy in our younger years. No way would I go with my man. If he insisted on it, I'd go under the condition that HE go to the male strip show with me. Let's see how he'd like that! I'm sure there are hetero woman that don't mind going but there are plenty that would never go or find a thrill from it. I never understood the fascination men have with girl on girl.

I think alot of the younger girls think its "hip" and want to appear with it or something. It just reminds me of the whole "girls gone wild" foolishness. I thought it was stupid, nothing funny or shocking about it. No doubt VH1 was looking to improve ratings among the male audience. Grab 'em any way they can
    Thank You!
    Myrosiedog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast