+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 1/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I knew who Da Brat was, she's been in the business for more than a decade now.
    I'm not saying nobody knows who she is. But, she is not the most well known member of the house. If you asked a random sample of people, I'd bet a lot more would know Peter Brady and the Go-Go's over Da Brat.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gemma
    I'm not saying nobody knows who she is. But, she is not the most well known member of the house. If you asked a random sample of people, I'd bet a lot more would know Peter Brady and the Go-Go's over Da Brat.

I don't believe the latter to be a fact.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This is my first Surreal Life experience and Yowza! did it ever live up to it's name. It may actually be the strangest hour of television I've ever seen.

Chyna is a nightmare -- a total lush, and both inconsiderate and dumb. Loved it, though, when Jane said, "your nipple's showing. do you care?" The "do you care?" was the perfect tag to that statement!!

Verne. Wow. That was some performance. I couldn't help but laugh at it, but also thought it was sad. I've read that he's an alcoholic, and sure looked that way last night. When he was moaning in the bed, he wasn't "choking his chicken" he was sick from alcohol poisoning and probably should've been in an emergency room. Yes, he's an adult and, no, I don't think it was the responsibility of anyone there to do something to stop him from drinking (since they'd known him for less than a day). But he's also an addict, and it's just very sad that his worst moments are not only preserved on film, but broadcast for so many to laugh at. Hopefully this will be his bottom (sorry about the pun), and he's gotten the help he pretty obviously needs.

Anyway, I tuned in for Adrienne. Loved her on ANTM, but I'd forgotten what a groovy chick she is. She's so funny and authentic. I think she and Chris Knight make a sweet couple. He's ADORABLE!! A mensch with a six pack -- MEEEOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I don't believe the latter to be a fact.
    I'm 19 and I don't listen to the Go-Go's but I know who they are, as do I think most people, except maybe some younger kids. Hardly anybody over the age of 25 knows who Da Brat (and probably most people under dont know either).

JR.
    Let's stick to bashing people on the show and not each other. The racial stuff doesn't belong here either.

Anybody know if Verne's given any interviews since the show aired?

Add me as another person who had never heard of Da Brat before this week. The Go-Gos were part of my adolescence and the Bradys were a staple of my childhood. It sounds like Da Brat had one really important milestone in rap music, and she ought to be proud of that, but I think in order to be as well know as Jane, she'd pretty much have to be from Salt N Pepa. To be as well known as Chris, she'd have to be Queen Latifah about thirty years from now.

I'm debating whether or not to continue watching this. I tuned in to see how Peter Brady was doing, and he's quite a treat - but I found watching both Chyna and Verne to be extremely disturbing and not at all funny. Jane is weird and funny. Adrienne is weird and funny. A woman so strung out on steroids she's developed a tiny penis? A man the size of a toddler who looked like he was inches from dying of alcohol poisoning?
    Last edited by abrahammy; 01-14-2005 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gemma
    I agree. When I heard of Da Brat, I was like "Da Who?". Must be a generational thing I suppose, although she and I are about the same age. The early nineties were a haze for me and I wasn't into the hip-hop thing very much then.

Regarding VT and the booze: he was/ has been a major fixture at the Playboy Mansion, so I'm sure his latest booze fest wasn't anything of a surprise. I'm interested to see if any articles detailing his adventures surface soon.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456