+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I am definitely not the authority on all things Surreal Life

It probably is next week... maybe I should just shut up now
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuysMama
    I'm no puritan, but it was irresponsible to let him get so dangerously trashed, IMHO. It seemed like a shameful ploy to humiliate him, and he'll have to live with that embarrassing (no pun intended - bare-assed) footage of him naked and peeing on his scooter.
    Well, supposedly Verne is an adult and no one made him drink so much. He did it to himself. I personally would have no idea how much a smaller person could handle so I would leave that up to him. He isn't in that house to be babysat.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen/heard "The Pee Song" on the VH1 site? Jane is on the guitar and Adrienne sings.

Classic.

Honestly though, you'd think Verne would be a lot more concious of his alcohol intake what with him being the way he is.

I don't think size has anything to do with it. I full grown, 185 pound person, can get just as drunk.. yeah it would take more, but that's not the issue.
    It's not like Vern woke up one day as a small person, he knows (I would assume) how much it takes to get himself drunk.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I had not planned on watching another seasson of Sureal Life after the crap that was season 3.

I thought I had taken it off my TiVo list but I guess not.

I'm glad I didn't, the premier was laugh out loud funny

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I saw the whole ep last night and it wasn't what i expected. I feel a little bad for verne, except for the part where he felt up adrienne.

I loved jane's skirt and shoes.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

OMG, I just caught the re-run of the first episode, and I was laughing so hard.
    Chyna has a totally freaky man voice. Da Brat was living up to her name and being a brat. I think once someone tells her that she IS a "has been" too, then she'll be more bearable to watch.

What a sick little puppy that Verne is. He looked like a total pig when he felt Adrienne's boob. The noises he was making in bed, driving naked in the motorscooter, and peeing was hysterical.

Afterwards, I did feel a little bad for Verne, because it seems that he has a drinking problem. I know I can't have it both ways, laugh at him and then feel sorry for him, but that's how things go.

Chris (Peter Brady) is an absolute doll. I agree with whoever said that he is the Erik Estrada of this season.

Looks like it's going to be a funny show, so I'm going to try to continue watching it.

FORT Newbie
    Just caught the repeat...

I thought the 3rd season was never going to end. :phhht

So this was a nice surprise.

Looking forward to the next episode.

My first chance at seeing Adrianne

I thought the show was great. I like most of the people on the show, but 3 of them annoy or concern me:

Vern --- I was hoping that he woulld be a somewhat well-adjusted person despite his size, but clearly he is not. He has a serious drinking problem and was too far in the deep end on the perv scale (I realize it's pretty normal to get excited over a naked woman, but he looked like a 13 year old who just found his first Hustler magazine).

Chyna --- she clearly wanted to start trouble by taking a room that wasn't meant for her. The vast majority of people realize you should respect people with a disability, but she actually had the nerve to act like it was Vern's fault for not wanting to take another room. She walks around like a pathetic lush and acts like it's a big deal to take 10 minutes to move her stuff into a different room. I think she will have some big fights with some of the other cast members this season and her side of the story usually won't make any sense. And, yes, she's gross to look at, but Tammy Faye wasn't that hot and I practically fell in love with that women by the end of season 2 (despite thinking I would hate her guts when I learned she was on the show).

Da Brat --- nothing is more annoying than those "pot calling the kettle black" situations where you realize the pot is so deluded it will never realize what color it is. They obviously brought her on the show to cause some fights as she is clearly antisocial (basically she walks into a room of people talking, reminds herself that they are losers compared to her and leaves the room with a disgusted look on her face). The producers were probably amazed that she still considered herself to be part of pop culture. And, being so stupid to not understand what this show is about shows why she still thinks she's hot.

The other cast members seem pretty cool --- especially Christopher who is this year's father figure and voice of reason.
    Last edited by skynet5000; 01-14-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I knew who Da Brat was, she's been in the business for more than a decade now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast