+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Cast: Joanie Laurer (Chyna)

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I saw just saw this episode. He may be the one getting her help at the moment but he is a big part of the problem. For a guy who supposedly loves her and knows she has problems with booze and drugs, he starts off by giving her champagne?! The "get in the hottub naked" comment? Was that just to control her or maybe humiliate her a little more, knowing it was being filmed? He walks in the door with his greasy long hair, sunglasses (at night?) and what looks like bell bottom leather pants and a snake print shirt, carrying a flowers arrangement made for the top of a casket. Proceeds to screw with her head and then tells her "I *&&^% love you more than I &%^$## loved any *&^ woman in my &^$%$ life". Yes, the curse laden profesion of love, isn't that what we all long to hear girls? My first thought was "this is a grown man?"

He came off looking like a manipulative piece of trailer trash. He also looked drunk. I got the distinct impression he only visited knowing there were cameras there. I'm glad to see the others stood up to him but they handled it wrong. I'd have just called the cops the moment he started cussing the first person out. Let them throw him out or take him away in cuffs and humiliate HIM.

Obviously the people in the house know how desperate the situation is. Even they can see he's part of the problem. I did feel bad for her just totally falling apart because of him and the way he treated her. He really screwed her head up more than it already is.

When she gets into rehab the first thing they'll teach her is to stay far away from people like him. They will bring you down as much as the pill pushers in her life.
    Totally agree with all you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata

Totally agree with all (Shady64) said.
    DITTO!!! Shady64 is right!

DirtyDog

Empress NaBisco
    Has it occurred to anyone that this might have been staged? Maybe Joanie didn't know about it beforehand, but the producers had to have known.

Even if it wasn't the producers idea to bring Sean in (which I suspect), they were certainly "in on it". Sean wouldn't have even been able to approach the house without their cooperation, much less knock on the door.

These producers are pretty sleazy.

Also, I don't think it takes much effort to get Joanie naked. However, didn't he say "Let's get naked", inferring both of them? Because he looked mighty strange laying on his stomach looking into the pool still wearing his uber-macho outfit.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    As far as I understand it, I was under the impression this was filmed last year. It definitely seems like he was completely wrecked at that time, too, and definately part of the problem, but since filming I believe he's been through rehab and has cleaned up his act, realized the err of his ways, and is now doing anything possible to try to get her help. As far as doing things in the public's eye, if it were a loved one of mine, hell, I'd do whatever it took. (Although, I gotta admit, that A&E show "Intervention" seems very hinky and wrong to me and I won't watch it.)

Does anyone know if she's gotten help yet?
    If he has just recently finished rehab, he is no authority on how to deal with it. I think its great that he is pushing to get her help but that is where his relationship with her should end once she is in rehab. Help her get clean and go on his way. Its hard enough to stay clean on your own but its impossible for 2 recovering addicts to maintain that if they are in a relationship. Co-dependants and temptation with no anchor, they will both easily slide back into drug oblivion. No one is that strong.

It will take years (YEARS!!) before he or she fully understands and appreciates the prediction they are in and how to conquer it so that it is not an everyday struggle to NOT have that drink or pill.

By the way, I wish someone would introduce him to the product called "Shampoo". Its been around for ages but obviously he has never used it. He looked like a cartoon character that just crawled out of the sewer in this episode.
    Last edited by Shady64; 03-07-2005 at 04:35 PM.

did sean and joanie get married our just engaged???

Shady64 your so right his hair looked like an over used broom!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    If he has just recently finished rehab, he is no authority on how to deal with it. I think its great that he is pushing to get her help but that is where his relationship with her should end once she is in rehab. Help her get clean and go on his way. Its hard enough to stay clean on your own but its impossible for 2 recovering addicts to maintain that if they are in a relationship. Co-dependants and temptation with no anchor, they will both easily slide back into drug oblivion. No one is that strong.

It will take years (YEARS!!) before he or she fully understands and appreciates the prediction they are in and how to conquer it so that it is not an everyday struggle to NOT have that drink or pill.

By the way, I wish someone would introduce him to the product called "Shampoo". Its been around for ages but obviously he has never used it. He looked like a cartoon character that just crawled out of the sewer in this episode.
    Beautifully stated, Shady64. And I totally agree. They should stay verrrrry far from each other. Such a toxic relationship they had/have, regardless who's clean and who's not. He seemed very abusive and unstable in this episode. There's a part of me that just really, really wants and hopes that he's sought help for his addictions, because I could see a soft guy inside (I know I probably sound like a nut-job for saying that, but it's just from personal experiences in my life that make me feel that way).

And you're sooooo very right about his nasty-ass hair! He's just creepy. She's way too pretty for him, too.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Joanie is a total train wreck. What a mess. It is tragic to see someones life so out of control and the person is unwilling to change.

Snarky note to Joanie: Please for the love of God, go easy on your lipliner. It is so obvious that you are over drawing them and it looks unattractive.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

He seemed lit up on something, for sure. He reminded me so much of this emotionally abusive ex I had. Would show up thinking he was Mr Cool, when it was totally transparent. I chalk it up to being young & stupid at the time. But oh man this guy reminded me of him. These types like to keep their women off balance. The fact she was in tears and he was still getting all over her emotions just felt creepy.

And if he cared about her and her career and all, why did he want her to leave the show/house before it was over? The entire show is only 12 days of her time. What's the rush? Make her do something she'll regret so she's more dependent?

Da Brat was no Joanie fan and even she was ticked off at him.

As to his showing up - definitely the producers were up to that. If they phoned him and talked him into it - I can't see that being too hard. A chance to manipulate her in a setting devoid of threat to him (so he thought) and the attention afforded him by the others and by the tv audience, even if negative attention. That's just my view on it anyway. I felt bad for her that the producers sicced this guy on her.

Even if he's gotten sober since then, I hope she stays away. These two just are bad news together, they hit all each other's buttons. Not in a good way.

She clearly exhibits manic behavior... up all night acting wild and goofy. Steroids can cause bipolar disorder by the way, as a side effect. It's rare but it happens. In women it's more the bipolar, in men it's "roid rage".

As to her family - who knows, but, doesn't seem they get along no matter whose fault it is. Still leaves her needing support. I know she might be unreachable but how did she get that way? Did she grow up with lots of love and structure and consistency? Or did the steroids cause all this.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Chyna has posed for Playboy, and I believe it was one of their highest selling issues. I think that must prove she is a woman if anything else.
    Only a DNA test can prove if she is a woman or a man. Or something like it... forget what it's called exactly. It shows how many X or Y chromosomes, though.

Remember when Howard Stern gave Nicole (I think her name was), the test? Turned out she was a woman - but she really looked like a man on the surface. They gave her another 'test' too but can't say what that was on a G rated board. Suffice to say those operations can be very realistic, so a DNA type of test is the only way to know how someone was born/created.

I think Joanie's a woman, I just think she had a large frame & then likely steroids did the rest. Steroids can do some odd things including reshape ALL parts of the body into being more 'male'.

Maybe the Stern show (which I don't watch any more really since they quit doing as many interviews - I liked how he asked them anything) will offer to do a DNA test on her.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Chyna and Markus are dating now?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread