+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Cast: Joanie Laurer (Chyna)

FORT Newbie
    well, whatever people think about Sean, still does not change the fact the she lied about not having family and friends. It is HER who is alienating all of us. She alienated her own mother years before she ever knew Sean or took drugs. Joanie's mental "issues" go back several years. It's wrong, when she continues to lie about her family and everyone just jumps right in and believes her. No questions asked. It's wrong...just wrong.. She has mastered the woe is me act and has suckered countless people with it. Obviously the cast of Surreal life are her latest marks. Her friends do care, it hurts to see her doing this over and over again. We want her to face her issues, deal with them and realize that she has hurt not just herself but people who do love her. She needs to let her family back in her life before she can ever truly be "well"

Quote Originally Posted by oldfriend
    well, whatever people think about Sean, still does not change the fact the she lied about not having family and friends. It is HER who is alienating all of us.
    I know I don't know you Oldfriend, but I can tell you definitely know what you're talking about. I totally understand where you're coming from because I've had a few people in my life who've acted the same way as Joanie. They're expert manipulators, never willing to accept accountability for anything negative that happens to them, pushes away anyone who's finally gotten sick of their pleas for help yet won't do anything about it even after they've been given offers of help and suggestions time and time again. People can only stand so much of watching their loved one destroy themselves before they need to put distance between them, thus causing the self-perceived victim to move on to the next new group of friends who'll listen to their "poor me" routine and give them the attention and pity they so crave.
    She has mastered the woe is me act and has suckered countless people with it. Obviously the cast of Surreal life are her latest marks. Her friends do care, it hurts to see her doing this over and over again. We want her to face her issues, deal with them and realize that she has hurt not just herself but people who do love her. She needs to let her family back in her life before she can ever truly be "well"
    I agree 100% and I feel your pain and understand your frustrations, Oldfriend. Good luck to you and your family/friends. Keep us updated, k?

I really find myself liking Chyna and I truly hope she's getting the help she so desperately needs, as I've said before, but it sounds like she's the one refusing the help and is making the conscious decision not to accept the help she's being offered left and right. There comes a time when you have to let them hit rock bottom, come to the realization they need to fix their life, then you can help them once they've accepted the accountability.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Did any one see tonights episode?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfriend
    The episode with Sean is edited to make him look bad. That is very sad becuase what the world will see is not the truth of what happened that. day.
    What's the old reality TV quote? You can't edit in a bad personality.

So did the producers edit in how he spoke to her - swearing and demeaning her? He had her in tears to the point where she couldn't speak for herself and then talks her into taking off her clothes. How much more vulnerable could he have made her? Sorry, but all I saw was a man (and I hesitate to use that word) who is very skilled at manipulating a woman who is obviously in crisis.

As for her friends and family. Not to be rude, but I know MY family and friends would never go on an Internet message board and air MY dirty laundry. We don't know anything about her history with her family to know whether she has good reason to have cut them out of her life. I hate to be a skeptic, but I have doubts about the sincerity and motives of anyone who has to involve the public (TV, radio or Internet) when attempting an "intervention." JMVHO.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I sort of have to defend sean as well, for months he's been pleading with her to get help, hell he was in rehab just last year because she recognizes he has a problem and so did his friends. Joanie was actually the one that beat him up and even released their sex tape.

What i don't get is, if they were broken up and she said she'd never get back with him, why was he there?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by critical
    So did the producers edit in how he spoke to her - swearing and demeaning her? He had her in tears to the point where she couldn't speak for herself and then talks her into taking off her clothes. How much more vulnerable could he have made her? Sorry, but all I saw was a man (and I hesitate to use that word) who is very skilled at manipulating a woman who is obviously in crisis.
    Critical,

You are DEAD on!!! Someone is trying to make this Sean guy into some sort of saving angel but clearly the guy is a real piece of work. If he was really trying to help Chyna he would not have acted the way he did making her get naked into the jacuzzi. Chyna is an EXTREMELY vulnerable woman and clearly this clown knows exactly how to manipulate her.

I am not trying to make excuses for Chyna either. She is a woman that is totally out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by critical
    As for her friends and family. Not to be rude, but I know MY family and friends would never go on an Internet message board and air MY dirty laundry. We don't know anything about her history with her family to know whether she has good reason to have cut them out of her life. I hate to be a skeptic, but I have doubts about the sincerity and motives of anyone who has to involve the public (TV, radio or Internet) when attempting an "intervention." JMVHO.
    Count me in as Skeptic also!

BTW, it's a shame you are left of center. For a liberal you are pretty perceptive.

DirtyDog

Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    Count me in as Skeptic also!

BTW, it's a shame you are left of center. For a liberal you are pretty perceptive.

DirtyDog
    LOL DirtyDog! Actually "Left of Center" refers to my geographic location (on the "Left" coast)! I'm a liberal, but I'd like to think I'm pretty perceptive period!

Thanks for the back up. I wondered if I came off too harshly, but I have a problem with people who feel the need to use to press as a mode of communication (remember Jon Voight trying to communicate with his daughter, Angelina Jolie, by talking to Access Hollywood or one of those shows? WTF?). I think Joanie even asked Sean why he had to do what he was doing on TV. It's like people who donate lots of money to charity and then feel the need to announce it. As if it's not as worthwhile a thing to do unless lots of other people know you're doing it.

I just feel really strongly that there are many things that go on in a family that even close family friends have no clue about. Only a few people probably really know what's up with Joanie and her family. Maybe she's not really ready to get help and that's why she has isolated herself from them. BUT - it may be that, even when she does ask for help, she still won't go to them. Regardless, I really hope she finds help. My heart was breaking for her tonight.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    My heart was breaking for her tonight.

if Sean (and her family) really care for her, they won't treat her so harshly that she is scared to turn to them. Intervention is one thing, demeaning words and behavior toward her is another

Snoozin' on the beach
    I saw just saw this episode. He may be the one getting her help at the moment but he is a big part of the problem. For a guy who supposedly loves her and knows she has problems with booze and drugs, he starts off by giving her champagne?! The "get in the hottub naked" comment? Was that just to control her or maybe humiliate her a little more, knowing it was being filmed? He walks in the door with his greasy long hair, sunglasses (at night?) and what looks like bell bottom leather pants and a snake print shirt, carrying a flowers arrangement made for the top of a casket. Proceeds to screw with her head and then tells her "I *&&^% love you more than I &%^$## loved any *&^ woman in my &^$%$ life". Yes, the curse laden profesion of love, isn't that what we all long to hear girls? My first thought was "this is a grown man?"

He came off looking like a manipulative piece of trailer trash. He also looked drunk. I got the distinct impression he only visited knowing there were cameras there. I'm glad to see the others stood up to him but they handled it wrong. I'd have just called the cops the moment he started cussing the first person out. Let them throw him out or take him away in cuffs and humiliate HIM.

Obviously the people in the house know how desperate the situation is. Even they can see he's part of the problem. I did feel bad for her just totally falling apart because of him and the way he treated her. He really screwed her head up more than it already is.

When she gets into rehab the first thing they'll teach her is to stay far away from people like him. They will bring you down as much as the pill pushers in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I saw just saw this episode. He may be the one getting her help at the moment but he is a big part of the problem. For a guy who supposedly loves her and knows she has problems with booze and drugs, he starts off by giving her champagne?!
    As far as I understand it, I was under the impression this was filmed last year. It definitely seems like he was completely wrecked at that time, too, and definately part of the problem, but since filming I believe he's been through rehab and has cleaned up his act, realized the err of his ways, and is now doing anything possible to try to get her help. As far as doing things in the public's eye, if it were a loved one of mine, hell, I'd do whatever it took. (Although, I gotta admit, that A&E show "Intervention" seems very hinky and wrong to me and I won't watch it.)

Does anyone know if she's gotten help yet?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread