+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Cast: Da Brat

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh
    I think Brat is playing into the sterotypical "mad Black woman" who is so proud not to take any gruff from anyone who dares look at her wrong, that she wags her finger and talks a mile a minute without really ever listening. And I think what she said to poor Jane was just-plain mean and uncalled for.
    That's not sterotypical "mad Black woman." That's just plain rude. Her reputation is for being macho and rude, not womanly at all. Da Brat was being mean and disrespectful and that crosses all barriers.

Besides, that sterotype is way outdated.
    ETA: I'm not accusing you of anything, JMO.

She's got to be way more of a has been than Jane. I'd never even heard of her before that show. She could have let the show benefit her and learned some things but that attitude prevented her from doing that.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I do like Da Brat. She may be washed up, she may not have a single out and she may be brutally honest and annoying, but I like her. She may be very mean at certain parts, but I'm not holding that against her. I enjoyed watching her on the show because I knew she was always going to say something interesting.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    I am glad that Jane and Brat were able to settle what ever they had between them. I also admoire how mature Da Brat was at the end and eventually said sorry for calling her a has been. The argument was interesting though.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Quote Originally Posted by leigh
    I think Brat is playing into the sterotypical "mad Black woman" who is so proud not to take any gruff from anyone who dares look at her wrong, that she wags her finger and talks a mile a minute without really ever listening..
    Mad Black Woman Stereotype? Give me a break. She's a deluded pseudo celebrity who enjoys hurting the feelings of others. Simple as that. Her race and genitalia have nothing to do with her behaving like an idiot.

Well said, Ms Mamba.

Sometimes being a stroing black woman means knowing when to keep your yap shut.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba
    Mad Black Woman Stereotype? Give me a break. She's a deluded pseudo celebrity who enjoys hurting the feelings of others. Simple as that. Her race and genitalia have nothing to do with her behaving like an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    Sometimes being a stroing black woman means knowing when to keep your yap shut.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Ditto to both of you!

Edited to add: If anyone tries to use this argument with regard to Omorosa next season, we can just direct them to this thread!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Watching Brat is interesting, her motormouth approach to arguing insures that no one gets a word in edge wise, even listening to it I really didn't hear an apology. If she said she was sorry it meant nothing. If she actually slowed down and simply said the words S____L_____O_____W____L____Y I would have believed her. But in this case Jane was the better person and took the higher ground.

Does Brat have self esteem issues or does she want to be a man, cause she dresses and looks like a 12 yr old boy?

She acts as if being "brutally honest" a good thing. Like those who keep their opinion to themselves, or who don't want to hurt people's feelings are somehow phony. Wah?
    I'm all for honesty ... when it's given in good faith and a spirit of support. But there's a huge difference between that and just spouting off for your own ego gratification.
    And where'd she get the idea that people even care what she thinks?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba View Post
    I am very up on hip hop and I assure you, DA BRAT IS A HAS BEEN! I can't believe the nerve of her to feel that she is the only one in the house who is "current". First of all, it's obvious that she is stuck in the 80's just by her appearance. She looks ridiculous! That look was okay back in the day when the "hip rap kid" (ala Kriss Kross) was popular. But she looks like a damn fool still sporting that look today. And how dare she, talk down to Jane about her career! I've got a feeling that Da Brat is going to bug me all season. That chick is in SERIOUS denial.
    I agree with you... I went threw the same thing with the brat. She was trying to kill my career, she went in a Jealous Rage...and said I wish I could be hard like her....She is a insecure silly bitch! Her and Gansta Boo with her tired underground ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789