+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surreal Love Affair Spawns Real Series

Surreal Love Affair Spawns Real Series

October 15, 2004 --

RAPPER Flavor Flav and '80s action star Brig ette Nielsen, the most improbable couple to come out of a reality TV show yet, now have their own series.

"Strange Love" which picks up the couple's unlikely love affair where it left off at the end of last season's edition of "The Surreal Life" is slated to hit the air in January.

"Brigitte and Flav have captured people's imaginations for a number of reasons," MTV Networks programming chief Brian Graden told The Post yesterday.

To make the show, VH1 producers convinced the couple to let cameras follow them when the rapper met Nielsen's friends and family in Europe and when he brought her to his home.

The relationship began on "The Surreal" life, a show in which over-the-hill or B-level celebs live together in a house full of cameras.

Former model Jerri Hall hopes to find a mate in "Kept," a new show in which a group of guys compete to win Hall — the ex-wife of singer Mick Jagger — as a sugermama.

"This is a woman who's lived it all, she has all the money in the world, she's accomplished and she does things on her own terms," says Graden.

"She sort of says, 'I would love to have a man around, but when I want, where I want and on the terms that I want, and so I'm going to go out and find that man.' "

Graden says in the pilot several young men vie for her affection. The new series is expected for next spring.
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/30354.htm

Jerry Hall wants to be a sugar mama? That's just wrong.

No. No no no...

and no.

FORT Fan
    Anyone else remember Flav saying in last Sunday's episode something to the effect of "If a man doesn't put hs guard up, he's bound to fall for Brigitte."

What planet is this man from?

Angel boy
    You have got to be freakin' kidding me!! This is on my "I would rather watch a show about pigmy mating rituals" list. Just yuck.
    America- love it or leave it!

What kind of market demographics would this show appeal to?

My guess, people who are frickin' insane.

File Under: Freak Show.

It will have the appeal of the Anna Nicole Smith show ... be fun for one episode, then you will be bored out of your mind.

Well, I'll watch... but only because some of this show is probably taking place in Denmark, and I am THAT homesick.

Yeah...count me in. I'll be watching.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yes, of course I'll watch the crapfest. But I don't see how they can make it into a FEW episodes. They're going to show family meeting them..wouldn't that be like..ONE episode!?

Geez. How low will I go just to watch a reality show?! It's getting pretty embarrassing...
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast