+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surreal Love Affair Spawns Real Series

FORT Fan
    They were really the only 2 on the show who made it worth watching - Charo's ok - but can't understand 1/2 of what she says - Dave was nice but boring, Ryan was a wanna-be diva bitch and Jordan was just a jerk - worst cast ever

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I also heard she was engaged to someone in Europe.
    Make that...half of Europe!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Am I the only person around here who is starting to find the whole Gitte/Flav pairing to be, in its own bizarre, Twilight Zone-ish way, romantic?

*hides quickly before other FORTers have opportunity to lob tomatoes at head*
    I do too It's weird and disturbing and really sweet and romantic at the same time. I can't wait to watch their show! To me, those two were the only reason to watch The Surreal Life - the scenes with Dave, Jordan, Ryan and Charo were only filler.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I have to agree that they were the only reason to watch.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    I do too It's weird and disturbing and really sweet and romantic at the same time. I can't wait to watch their show! To me, those two were the only reason to watch The Surreal Life - the scenes with Dave, Jordan, Ryan and Charo were only filler.
    I have to agree with SFG and Estella. It's weird, but compelling. It's romantic because they are so different. I don't see any chance of their relationship succeeding, but I came to find it somehow endearing. Flav really won me over in how he always tried to take care of Brigitte. When they both let down their public personas and seemed to be just themselves, they seemed to connect and were almost adorable. In Brigitte's day she was a towering beauty; quite striking. If she's anywhere near 60 (I don't know her age, but would guess closer to fifty) you gotta admit she is holding up pretty well for a woman of a certain age, especially considering her lifestyle.

I'll probably watch at least the first ep; doubt it will last much longer than that anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123