+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surreal Life Video "Live My Life"

Awww, bummer, beerbelly. (Love your avatar, by the way)!

You can watch the video tonight on VH1, though! Part Two of Making the Video is on. Yay! I think it's on at 10:00 or 10:30 p.m. If you can't catch it tonight, you know VH1 ... it'll be on numerous times throughout the week.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thanks Rump!

I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing the video tonight.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fanatic
    Is it just me, or does the video make Ryan sound like more of a whiner than she normally is? All she's basically singing is she wants to live her life, do her own thing, sing her own songs... blah, blah... Hmmm... she's been off American Idol for over 2 years now, and I've not heard a thing about a record deal. Maybe she'd better hang it up.

(Can you tell she's not my favorite?) haha

I like the song, and she should sing more R&B, maybe do it the way Pink did it. She started as a R&B singer, then moved on to Rock.
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

Oooh, yeah! I LOVE love love Pink! She's awesome and I think her style is amazing! Ryan really needs to lose the "rawk" attitude and listen to what these big-wigs are trying to tell her. It frustrated me when she mocked Lou (Lou? Was that his name? The big guy who gave the boy bands their start). Anyway, the man's a very successful producer, loaded with money, and she's rolling her eyes, saying "He doesn't know what he's talking about. He's not rock. He produced Britney Spears for God's sake". Yeah, Ryan, and he got filthy rich doing it! I don't understand her disdain for pop or anything not rock. She has a lot of potential, but this bad-ass rocker-girl attitude is going to hold her back and burn bridges if she's not careful. She has quite an inflated ego and needs to be taken down a notch or two. Unfortunately she'll probably blame Surreal Life or Jordan Knight for causing the death of her career instead of looking to herself and her own crappy attitude. Watching her behavior in the studio during taping should turn off every producer in the business. Who'd wanna work with that?

Except for prepubescent boys who think she's got a "hella hawt bod" I don't know anyone who cares for her. {Ryan's 15 minutes are tick, tick, ticking ... DING!}

I'm excited for the show tonight! Any East Coasters watch it already? Do tell! Do tell!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I saw the show. Ryan, and Charro had major chips on their shoulders. :rolleyes
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

FORT Fanatic
    Rumpshaker, I couldn't agree with you more. I couldn't believe she was treating Lou Perlman like that. Yeah, I think the guy is as money-hungry as the rest of those "svengali"-types, but he was trying to get her to see things another way, and she would not listen. I actually did like her on American Idol because she looked and sounded different from all the other wannabes, but when she started giving Simon attitude, that was it for me. How many true "rock" females do we have nowadays? Most of them do crossover a bit into the pop field (Pink, whom I adore!), so what's the big deal? It's called "versatility", Ryan.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, because I loved him soooooooooo much in the 80's and 90's, but Jordan just irks me beyond belief. He needs to take lessons from his more humble (and hotter now!) brother.

hi
    I love LOVE this show too. My friends think I'm mental because I like it (haha) some people just can't appreciate some of these reality shows. I think this is the best cast so far. Alone, a lot of them would be boring but all thrown together I think they're funny. Charo cracks me up and I think I've seen every episode x2.
    All things share the same breath-the beast, the tree, the man, the air shares it's spirit with all the life it supports~~Chief Seattle

See until this whole video (parts one and two) I didn't have anything against Ryan. I felt kind of sorry for her, but after the last two episodes, well...Rumpshaker, you summed it up quite nicely. Geez, I was so tired of hearing her whine about the song being pop and her being worried of what people would think.. um... you're on Surreal Life honey...

Charo at least had legitimate gripes, and I can't help but like her.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Charo at least had legitimate gripes, and I can't help but like her.
    Oh, I am SO at the next Charo concert when she comes anywhere near our town! She's so talented and feisty! (Quite the potty mouth, though, eh?) She cracked me up with the "poopoopoo" talk during her meltdown in last night's show. She's like a little doll! And man, can she play the flamenco guitar! Whew! I got tears in my eyes during her concert.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast