+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Cast: Flavor Flav

FORT Newbie
    G... for the most part means Gangsta... it's like dude. What up G/What up dude.

...and for whoever said public enemy was about hating "whitey"... they must have never listened to Chuck's lyrics. Griff is a bigot, but that doesn't meant the whole group was...

Quote Originally Posted by BEACH LOVER
    This is probably a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway. Flav seems to refer to everyone as G. When the surfers were teaching him to surf, he said "G, do you want Flavor Flav to surf?" What does G mean? I guess I am not very hip.

FORT Newbie

When I saw a behind the music story on PE I was real suprised to hear about his abilities on instruments. He was basically comic relief to Chuck D's hardline stuff, but I wonder if he ever helped out the bomb squad on production.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew
    I was very impressed with Flavor Flav's musical abilities highlighted in this episode. He can play drums, keyboards, bass and we all know he can rock the hell out of a mic. I think Dave was right in saying he thinks Flav should have been the producer and not Jordan. Jordan even admitted he didnt even know what chords he was playing, which as a song writer can be essential when composing other parts, harmonies, melodies etc. Not to mention that Public Enemy's musical output of the late eighties and early nineties has a lot more credibility than a couple of cardboard cutout pop albums by NKOTB.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyddobbler
    G... for the most part means Gangsta... it's like dude. What up G/What up dude.

...and for whoever said public enemy was about hating "whitey"... they must have never listened to Chuck's lyrics. Griff is a bigot, but that doesn't meant the whole group was...

Thanks Lloyddobbler on the info as to what G meant. I had no idea.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Flav is awesome. I love his reference to Mary-Kate and Ashley as the "Olster Twins" He's too much. I agree with SFG that his relationship to Brigitte is disturbing, but you gotta give to him for being a blast to watch. I could watch both of those crazy cats all day.

Premium Member

Flav

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    Flava's being Falv but somehow sometime ya gotta grow up.....
    When ur in ur 40's trying to ac like ur in ur 20's.....I dunno....

To me, without his outgoing personality and trademark teeth and clock, we wouldn't be probably talking about him today, that's one of the main reasons people love him because he's so out there and he stands out from the boring crowd. That's one on the main reasons for me why I love him, he's just real and so human to me. I'm glad he doesn't act like a laid back guy just because he got older, there just wouldn't be a Flav.Who would he be? Just another guy that blends in with the crowd, people don't want that, I don't want that, for real.He's the hype man in the business, can't take that away from him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234