+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Surreal Life - Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

The Surreal Life - Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

hey everyone! i'm enjoying the first episode. brig and flav are a train wreck! makes for great tv.

Thanks for the thread sher, I am also enjoying it!

i read in people this week that ryan really didn't like flav... that she thought he was a perv that was constantly coming on to her. i think that maybe flav flirts with her like he does with all the women, but i think she seems a bit oversensitive about things. in tonight's episode where he said she's a little girl playing with the grownups, i think he hit the nail on the head. she seems a loss less mature than even the immature adults. she is great looking though.

jordon knight is a loser. i wish they would have chosen another new kid for the show. he's bugging me.

To the first episode, I loved it! I think they found the best washed-up stars in America (or Europe for Brigette's sake).

Ryan-She was one of my favorite Idol's so it was good to see her in for the token Surreal Life reality star. I think she is someone coming into this house who is real, and wants to enjoy this expierence and learn from it. I think the expierence will be hard for her though because she is only 21.

Flava Flav-I really don't like him. He is too out-there, and is just obsessed with Brigette. He seems like a nice guy, but he just pushes my buttons.

Brigette-I can't stand her, plain and simple. I think the reasons are obvious.

Charo-I love her little, you have no idea what I am saying accent. She seems like the mother of the group and is there to have a good time. She is just so funny with her accent and her coochie coochie.

Jordan-Man, I really can't stand this guy. He really thinks he is above everyone. I understand privacy, but stacking up boxes so nobody can get into your room? Not that's crazy. He is just there for the publicity and is not going to enjoy the expierence. Is it just me or does he seem gay?

Dave-I was happy to see Dave in the cast. He is another guy that seems real, and hopfully he will bring some comic relief to the show. He is another person who is in it for a good time. I think he will be the peace-keeper in the house.

So that's my recap.

i loved dave. he seems like just some guy i would be friends with. no celebrity complex... granted, he really hasn't worked much since full house, i guess. but i liked him. very much.

I just watched The Surreal Life 3 and I could not stop laughing

What a trainwreck! I don't remember them having so many crazy people in one house!

Brigette is completely out of her mind. I can't believe that she got 40 million from Sly I love that she was completey 'jetlagged' when Flava coaxed her outside. She had a glass of wine,some strippers and she was ready to go!She is too much for words.

I've always liked Charo because she seems like she is always up for a good time. Although there are complaints of her being bossy,I think she balances it out with her upbeat nature. I think it's a good thing that she was put in the house with Whi-Ann Star. Perhaps she can teach Whi-Ann how to loosen up. *ahem*

I really enjoyed Ryan Star when she was competing on AI. I think she is one of the most beautiful women that I have ever seen. (besides you sher my darling but that goes without saying) Having said that,I am already a little annoyed with her. Maybe Flava was right,she's a bit too young to relate to this group. I can't believe I just agreed with Flava. *puts wine glass down*

I love that Flava couldn't recognize any of the people he was living with! I can't imagine having to live with him,but he seems to have a sweet side which I never would have expected. I think it would be cool if Flava and Brigette hooked up. OK. Not cool. Really messed up,but fun to watch.

Jordan's habit of stacking the boxes in front of his door is ridiculous.

I'm glad Dave is there. His impressions of Brigette drunk are hilarious.I think he may be the most normal there.

I hope the rest of the season is as much fun to watch. I think I'm hooked.

Ok,I'm shutting up now.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

My sister calls Jordan a Knight-mare. He is, I used to like him, but he just shows he has the WRONG STUFF! They should have brought in Joey McIntire.

I love this show, it's so hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing! Wow, who knew Flava Flav had a sweet side. I think my favorite so far is Charo. Brigitte falling over the boxes...
    Ludicrous speed!

Wheatfield, NY (outside of Niagara Falls)
    I've only seen episodes of the Surreal Life in repeats on VH1, but when they announced the cast, I knew I had to watch. And last night I wasn't disappointed!

I LOVE Charo. She could read the back of a cereal box and I think it would be entertaining. I think it was very telling when Flavor Flav realized she was on the Love Boat all those times and started yelling and hugging her... and Brigitte got all mad and jealous! I predict those two will come to blows this season over who is the old but sexy one.

How weird is Jordan Knight? Now, I was 9-10 years old when New Kids were popular, so of course I loved them. But whoever said it should have been Joey McIntire was very right. Although I did enjoy a "jet-lagged" Brigitte falling over all those boxes in his doorway.

Ryan Starr needs to lighten up a bit. I think male strippers are skanky too, but come on. Reminds me of the first season, when several people wouldn't eat sushi off the naked girl because it was demeaning. Go with the flow, people. I think Ryan is going to be exposed to alot worse than that during this season.
    "The fact is, sometimes its hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then- to make the walk a little more fun."

--Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

Since I had a sleepless night last night I watched the show. That poor golden retriever puppy is going to become really confused...3 different names!
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by PittGrrl04
    Ryan Starr needs to lighten up a bit. I think male strippers are skanky too, but come on. Reminds me of the first season, when several people wouldn't eat sushi off the naked girl because it was demeaning. Go with the flow, people. I think Ryan is going to be exposed to alot worse than that during this season.

Actually, everyone ate the sushi except for that whiney douchebag Corey Feldman. In the Las Vegas episode, the girls went to a male strip club & Gabrielle left b/c it made her feel dirty. I'm not into that either, so I can understand Ryan being grossed out by it; & I'm sure watching Bridgette dance nearly naked along with them was traumatizing. She could have handled it better, but I'll chalk it up to just being young & overwhelmed by the day's events.

Brigette & Flava Flav are freaky-deaky-weird! They are perfect for each other, lol. The ultimate odd couple. I'm sure when he dragged her drunk/hungover ass out of bed for the dinner, she was glad he did once the strippers showed up! She's a nutter.

Flava has a sweet, caring side, but the rest of the time he's just so damn loud & over-the-top it's annoying! He'd drive me bezerk if I had to live with him for more than...oh...15 minutes! Maybe he'll tone it down. Right.

Charo & Dave seem like they are going to be the peacekeepers & "parents" of the house. I think they seem the most laid back so far. That was so funny when Dave moved his bed into the closet b/c of Flava's snoring!

Jordan...oh what an ass! I am not liking him at all! Mr. Prissybritches...
    When he took the couch room after Ryan told him she wanted it, that was plain sorriness. Being a girl, I wouldn't want to share a room with only guys either, especially if Flava Flav was one of them! And then Jordan's whole thing with putting the boxes up in the doorway, NOT COOL! "I like my privacy" - well, you signed up for the wrong show then, asshat! I think he's gonna be the "hated" person of the house this cast.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast