+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Lifer's First Thoughts

The Lifer's First Thoughts

So what's the real story behind the making of The Surreal Life? Find out, in these exclusive WB interviews with the cast members. Here, they tell you what it was like, what happened and what it's like now. Don't forget to tune in next week for more juicy stuff.

The WB: In the beginning, what stressed you out most?

Tammy: When I walked in, I hated this house! It was all done up in red and white and black and white checks. They had all these blinking lights all over the place. It was very garish! My bedroom was even worse. It was this round bed in a black and white room and I wanted to die! The first thing I wanted to do was figure out how I could sneak my suitcases out of here, but then I realized: Hey, Tammy, live in the moment! When I got my mental attitude right, it's turned out to be the greatest thing that's ever happened.

Ron: At first, I was convinced it was going to be some kind ordeal I would have to survive. I just knew that we would all get on each other's nerves. Our best hope was to resign ourselves to being completely bored. I never thought that we would all leave here in tears. How embarrassing is that?

Traci: When the show started, I was working on another show. It was hard for me. I was really tired and I got here late so I missed the bonding boat. Basically, I arrived with a major attitude. I was evil! I was yelling, I was screaming, I was putting my nose in the air and making fun of everybody.

Rob: This show was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Here you are living with all these people without a television, without a computer, no telephones. We had to learn how to entertain ourselves. We had to cook our own meals. We had to handle everything. It's really tough when you have five cameras rolling in every room!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Rob: Yeah..wiping myself was tough.

Geesh...sounds like Rob can't do anything. The only thing I can really understand there is the cameras. But comeon....cooking? entertain yourselves? television?

Isn't this whole thing only 12 days for them?!?!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Rob: We had no telephones

YES YOU DID! We saw trishelle on it!

I assume he meant a private line. I know last year all the phone conversations were taped and could be aired if the producers wanted to.

Still, there was a phone..

Poor people having to cook for themselves. The Horror!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread